+ Reply to Thread
Page 148 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4898138139140141142143144145146147148149 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1481
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: All My Children

Critical--great news in the spoiler, and I never knew those two were married--like you I find it hard to believe, maybe because of the low rent hayseed guys he tends to play, while she is more upscale.

I forgot what a clueless nitwit Opal can be. I was cringing when she showed up at Celia's school and started yammering on about Celia sneaking out to be with Pete and how he broke the trellis outside Celia's window. In what universe did she think that was going to go over well?

I'll admit I got a little misty when nuAJ went to see his father in the hospital. I really like that actor. The nuJR is growing on me too. I didn't like Jacob Young's take on JR, so I was open to a recast.

So how many missed connections will it take before Cassandra is finally rescued? Did Zack and Jesse show the FBI agent a picture of Cassandra? Maybe I missed something and they did show her a picture (I was only half paying attention through part of the episode), but I sure didn't see it. If they didn't, then WTF?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I really like the new JR, but I do agree with a lot of the comments on Hulu that say the new actor looks too old to be Dixie's son and more like Dixie's brother. But he's still very handsome, so whatever. Plus I think they should age him so that he would coincide with the new AJ.

I felt that way too about Cassandra, why didn't anyone show Lea who has access to the sleazy club a picture of Cassandra? I do think that Zach did ask Lea about Cassandra when she was all up in his business as an undercover and she said she didn't know, so maybe that's why?

It was even worse with Jacob Young, who's only 10 years younger than Cady McClain. The new actor is about 13 years younger than Cady, so it's not quite as bad. She was very young when she and Adam had JR, but she wasn't in junior high!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Even though I knew he was coming back....Billy Clyde Tuggle!!! CANNOT WAIT to see him start to cause trouble!

Well, this is probably bad news :
    'One Life to Live,' 'All My Children' Cut to Two Episodes Per Week

I think the issue is getting the word out. I've seen comments in articles about the return and people are still confused, although I don't quite understand why.

The article talks about 10 episodes per week (two of each show), but really, they were doing that wrap up/behind-the-scenes episode on Friday, so it was only 8 episodes per week.

It doesnt make any sense. Its on the top 10 of downloaded shows on hulu.com. Cutting back on it is not going to help promote the show!

Say whaaaaaat!?

I absolutely hate this, I guess they're trying to make it like a regular television show versus a soap. What a terrible decision.

Critical, I always thought his work was excellent. I didn't know about that marriage and would never have thought it, though of course, we don't know what either of them is like in real life. From what I read about him, he's very different from how most of us remember his character and comes from an upper crust family background.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

GOOD NEWS for One Life to Live and All My Children fans. They're going to be on OWN Monday July 15th. They're coming to OWN:

You tweeted, you posted on Facebook and Oprah.com—and Oprah heard you. Now, OWN is having a summer fling with soaps! Starting on Monday, July 15, you can watch all-new episodes of All My Children and One Life to Live on OWN.

All-new episodes of All My Children will air at 1 p.m. ET/PT Monday through Thursday.

All new episodes of One Life to Live will air at 3 p.m. ET/PT Monday through Thursday.

Read more: Get Ready for OWN's Summer Soap Fling! - @OWNTV
    Katydyd and AlwaysVeg like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I just saw this article about All My Children being cancelled for the last time:

Did 'All My Children' get cancelled for a second time? - MSN TV News
    Nov. 12, 2013, 10:21 AM EST
    WENN

Soap opera "All My Children" has been cancelled for a second time in as many years.

The long-running series came to an end in 2011, after 41 years on air, but TV bosses opted to revive it in a new Internet format on The Online Network (TOLN) earlier this year following a passionate campaign by fans.

But it appears the reincarnation is also heading for cancellation, according to some of the show's stars.

Veteran cast member Debbi Morgan took to Twitter on Monday and wrote, "My manager was given the news that we were officially done by PP's (production company Prospect Park) lawyers."

Co-star Cady McClain has added, "We were very recently contacted and told that, with great regret, All My Children won't be going back online this year, or in this particular incarnation."

Bosses at Prospect Park have yet to confirm the cancellation.

I was a big fan of All My Children when it was on tv and I tried getting back into it when it became available online but it didn't work for me. I didn't like the new theme song, I didn't like having shorter episodes, and one of those each week was a behind-the-scenes/interview thing, not an actual episode, plus, I just don't like watching tv shows or movies online. If they would have made All MyChildren available on-demand, I would have liked it better. As it was, I started getting behind in watching the new episodes and eventually stopped watching.

I hope some of my favorite stars (like Vincent Irizarry) will go on to other projects so I can enjoy them as new characters on another tv show or in movies.

+ Reply to Thread