+ Reply to Thread
Page 147 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4797137138139140141142143144145146147148149 LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1481
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

Re: All My Children

It was amazing to see All My Children again--like an old friend come back from the dead!! But not that creepy. Seeing Brooke Adam Opal and Angie and Jessie was so good--all is right with the world again, at least for half an hour.

I'm all caught up now.

Any guesses as to who's in a coma and whose headstone David visited? Since JR (with a new actor) is in the opening credits with Dixie, I'm going to guess that it's JR in the hospital. Maybe Tad left town because he couldn't handle all the grief and strain from the aftermath of the shooting. I know no one is ever dead on a soap, but I think it's harder to bring someone back from the dead once they've died following a five year coma! I still have hope that Michael E. Knight will come back, so Tad and Dixie can reunite.

I'm going to guess that it's Erica's headstone. Who else would David care so much about that he would feel compelled to visit their grave immediately after leaving prison? We know Cara is alive. It's been a while since the show was on, so I'm trying to remember who else David was "attached" to. Was Babe dead (again) when the show ended?

I'm thrilled to see Angie and Jesse, but NOT happy with the casting of Cassandra. I couldn't stand Saleisha on ANTM, so I don't imagine I'll like her more on this show. Funny that Cassie was previously played by YaYa.

SO happy to see Dr. Joe and Opal, as well as all the other "old timers." I'll get used to the young, newbies soon enough.

Funny to hear swearing on AMC! I'm getting used to that as well. AMC is the first soap I ever watched. My best friend's mom was my babysitter and I'd go there for lunch as well (right around the corner from school). We'd watch AMC while we ate lunch every day. I was probably in the 4th grade. I'm so happy to have it back.

I just did a little search and AMC and OLTL were at the top of the digital streaming charts on Monday!
    'All My Children' & 'One Life To Live' Top Digital Streaming Charts - Deadline.com
    AMC was #1 and OLTL was #3. Let's hope it stays that way!

ETA: I read another article that said that, after only twelve hours of availability, the premieres were the most viewed episodes on Hulu.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I hope we find out soon. I'm happy the show is getting so many watching it!

I liked the second episodes of both shows better....I'm feeling much better about this whole PP thing And great way to keep a secret (at least from me anyway!) with the reveal of Victor. I don't remember TSJ being mentioned at all with the revamp. But I wonder if they're going to mention the fact that Alison was the one holding him? As for grave vs coma....yes, I think it's JR in the coma too. As for the grave, I keep hearing they're hoping for Michael Knight and Susan Lucci to come on board....so I'm not sure it would be either of them. What about Kathy? Has she been mentioned at all? If Kathy died, and JR was in a coma (and he would have been the one to shoot her of course)....that would certainly be enough grief to drive Tad away - and make Dixie a complete mess. Kathy doesn't seem to have caught SORAS with AJ and Miranda, and you'd think she'd be part of that crowd too Or maybe it's Marissa? It doesn't seem as though she and Bianca are still together...either way, I'm enjoying the show I like the fact they can swear...and actually have Facebook pages instead of "Myface," and watch real shows like "Honey Boo Boo" - even if it proves they have horrible taste When Matthew referred to Destiny as his "Baby mama" I had to laugh. Anyway - I'm sorry, I know I'm combining both shows here in the same post.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Thanks, Katy! I totally forgot about Kathy. You're right. The headstone could definitely be hers and David would be terribly guilty. That would explain Dixie's emotional state if her son had been responsible for her daughter's death. It would also explain Tad's absence - he may just not have been able to deal with the loss and JR's part in it.

Did Marissa leave town or was she at the party in the TV finale? I have to admit, I didn't even remember her until you mentioned her name. I was trying to remember who Bianca was with at the end. It could also be Marissa's headstone, but if it is, where is Kathy? Would Tad have left town with her?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Okay, this is fun spoiler news for longtime AMC fans:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Matthew Cowles is set to reprise his role as infamous All My Children Big Bad Billy Clyde Tuggle beginning Thursday, May 16. Turns out, the presumed-dead villain is alive and well — and back in Pine Valley for an unwanted reunion with Dixie.
    ‘Psych’ Season 8 Cast — Cary Elwes and Kristy Swanson - TVLine
    I always loved him! I still can't wrap my head around the idea that Matthew Cowles is married to Christine Baranski. It's always seemed like an odd match to me, but they've been married for about 30 years, so I guess it's a good match!

AND, Susan Lucci is will be in talks with PP soon about returning to the show: Susan Lucci: 'All My Children' Return Talks Start Soon
    Who knows how when she'll be back and for how long but, if it happens, I'll be happy to see her.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Okay, this is fun spoiler news for longtime AMC fans:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Matthew Cowles is set to reprise his role as infamous All My Children Big Bad Billy Clyde Tuggle beginning Thursday, May 16. Turns out, the presumed-dead villain is alive and well — and back in Pine Valley for an unwanted reunion with Dixie.
    ‘Psych’ Season 8 Cast — Cary Elwes and Kristy Swanson - TVLine
    I always loved him! I still can't wrap my head around the idea that Matthew Cowles is married to Christine Baranski. It's always seemed like an odd match to me, but they've been married for about 30 years, so I guess it's a good match!

AND, Susan Lucci is will be in talks with PP soon about returning to the show: Susan Lucci: 'All My Children' Return Talks Start Soon
    Who knows how when she'll be back and for how long but, if it happens, I'll be happy to see her.
    I forgot they were married.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I just love how the writers have remembered some of these characters and actors and are bringing them back! It was very nice seeing Winnifred the other day. Even though she was a minor character, she was an important part of the Chandler Mansion. And the others that are coming back are a dream come true!!!
    Katydyd likes this.

Two weeks in, and I still can't stand Celia's character. Jane is pretty forgettable too considering she has her picture in the credits.

Other than that, the online series is definitely admirable, I enjoy both One Life to Live (which I never saw before, but I really enjoy Todd Manning on GH so I gave it a try and it's pretty good) and All My Children. The quality of each show is really good, there's only one thing that bothers me about both shows, which is the swearing. I guess being online allows certain words to be used more freely than not...but its not doing it for me.

Critical: Your spoiler is such wonderful news, especially the first person mentioned, I can't wait!
    I'll have roast duck with the mango salsa.

+ Reply to Thread