+ Reply to Thread
Page 144 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4494134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149 LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1481
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

Re: All My Children

Definitely sad news that the PLUG has been PULLED on both shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I hadn't heard about Darnell, although I knew Debbie Morgan opted out.

This interview with MEK that I linked to above has quite a bit about PP and why some actors may not sign with them: The Michael E. Knight Interview All My Children | Michael Fairman On-Air On-Soaps | Daytime Soap Interviews, News, Updates and Previews, Video and Audio Interviews

If it ends up not happening, I'm going to be even more irritated about how they ended the show than I already am!
    Debbie Morgan is now on The Young and The Restless.
    KAREN

Oh, this is just perfect. ABC is merging daytime and syndicated shows in January and Brian Frons is out of a job. He says his departure is voluntary, but I call b.s.. Karma is a bitch!

Why couldn't this have happened LAST January!? Maybe things would have turned out the same way, but maybe not....

Exec who canceled ABC soaps: leaving network | Inside TV | EW.com
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy....
    Katydyd and tapper01 like this.

Baby's Breath likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

FORT Fogey

I only watched AMC, so I don't know if most of the younger folks in that video come from the other soap, but I didn't see my fave: Tad Martin! Dixie was there, though.

Michael E. Knight isn't coming back, for now at least: Michael E. Knight Chats On His Decision To Wait For Now To Join All My Children 2.0! | Michael Fairman On-Air On-Soaps | Daytime Soap Interviews, News, Updates and Previews, Video and Audio Interviews

Michael Fairman has a ton of info about the reboot on his site, if you're interested

ETA: It's likely some of those young actors are on AMC. There have been some recasts and they're adding some new characters as well.
    Last edited by Critical; 03-01-2013 at 07:24 PM.

how in the world are they raising Dixie from the dead this time?

She'd been back on the show for a while before it was canceled.

FORT Fogey

If there's Dixie, there has got to be Tad!! They were just getting back together when the show ended. Maybe some of the young actors are SORASed Miranda, AJ, etc., which is funny because all the older actors look exactly the same age they were or even younger!

At least one of them is Petey Courtland, I think.

If you read the interview with MEK that I posted above, he's got pretty valid reasons for not coming back right now. He's still really smarting over his treatment by TPTB for the last several years of the show. Maybe once he sees that everything is going so much better with PP in charge, he'll change his mind. I hope so.
    Baby's Breath and AlwaysVeg like this.

+ Reply to Thread