+ Reply to Thread
Page 143 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4393133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149 LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1481
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

Re: All My Children

I hadn't heard about Darnell, although I knew Debbie Morgan opted out.

This interview with MEK that I linked to above has quite a bit about PP and why some actors may not sign with them: The Michael E. Knight Interview – All My Children | Michael Fairman On-Air On-Soaps | Daytime Soap Interviews, News, Updates and Previews, Video and Audio Interviews

If it ends up not happening, I'm going to be even more irritated about how they ended the show than I already am!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Ugh. Anger rising.

Susan Lucci on All My Children's Scrubbed Online Launch: It's 'Simply Untrue' That I Caused It
    Susan Lucci wants fans to know that it’s “simply untrue” that she is one of the reasons why All My Children is not moving forward via Prospect Park’s TheOnlineNetwork.com.

“This is simply untrue and not the case,” the daytime legend said Wednesday in a passionate statement posted to her Facebook page.

Lucci went on to explain that she has “been in discussions [to stay with AMC] since Prospect Park first expressed interest in moving the series online, and [in early September] I made it clear that I would be ecstatic to be a part of All My Children in a prominent way if they committed to producing the series for another year.

“I have not heard back from Prospect Park since then,” she revealed. “In fact, I learned of their decision not to proceed with All My Children at the same time you did, through the media.”

Lucci concluded her sentiments, graciously — presumably as a show of no hard feelings — calling her lengthy run with the 40-year-old soap “a privilege and honor.”

Last week, ABC Soaps In Depth reported that Prospect Park has benched AMC‘s online reboot indefinitely, citing a source as saying that the media upstart “only need[s] one soap opera for their new Internet channel,” and that honor will go to One Life to Live. A spokesperson for Prospect Park has yet to comment on that report.
    Susan Lucci Addresses Rumors Surrounding All My Children/Prospect Park Deal

Who knows what the real story is, but one thing is clear - lots of people have been blaming Susan Lucci and treating her badly. From all accounts, she's a lovely woman. She doesn't deserve to be made the scapegoat.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I want a conclusion. I just a conclusion at this point. It just seems so unfair to all the fans.

FORT Fogey

I do not think it is one person's fault, but just a lot of bad planning and AMC has too many stars that think they are bigger than AMC. Rebecca Budig has been catered to for years and years, and everyone acts like she is this big necessary star, and she just is not. Same with Eden Riegal. They had a lot of bit characters that could have carried the show forward, but all they did was care about a few names, and that was it. I think at this point I have just given up that AMC will ever see the light of the screen again. I was handled so badly, and now I see no way for them to get out of the this mess.

It has just been announced that neither of the two soaps will continue on line. The plug has been pulled, the end has come.

Such sad news for everyone!

I can't say I'm surprised, but I'm still sad. I wish they'd given OLTL more notice so they could wrap the storylines up. Since they already wrapped filming, OLTL fans will be in the same boat as AMC fans - cliffhanger and no resolution. Ever

I am a big OL fan and don't know what I am going to do without Llanview! I grew up with AMC, OL and GH (which will be next, I am sure). Sad...

I hate you Chew!
    tapper01 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

It's terrible that they did this to us soap fans--scrapping our shows, then giving us hope that they were saved, then dashing those hopes again. We didn't even get a proper ending to AMC.

They should do a two-hour All My Children movie to wrap up loose ends and give fans some kind of closure. Or better yet, make past seasons of AMC available on DVD. I'd love to rewatch the episodes from back when I first started watching the show in 1990 and see earlier episodes I missed.

+ Reply to Thread