+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

Re: All My Children

Has any details of the online version been revealed yet? Like when it start and what website to go to...?

They haven't revealed much yet, probably because they don't have many of the actors signed yet. All that anyone knows for sure right now is that AMC and OLTL are supposed to premiere online at the same time, so it'll be after OLTL goes off the air in January. I'm sure it will be well publicized once the details are locked in.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

There has been confirmation that Cameron Mathison and Lyndsey Hartley have signed on to be on the new Online version. Prospect Park is the name of the company, and it is heavily rumored on other sites that it may return to television. I have seen Bravo, Lifetime, and Oxygen amongst the rumored networks. It is also being said that the actors are being given four year contract offers, and that is the sticking point. SL apparently turned down the first offer, but it is rumored she is still in talks as well as Michael E. Knight and Alicia Minshew.
    cablejockey likes this.

FORT Fogey

If Cady McClain isn't going to Prospect Park, I don't know what they're going to do with MEK or how they're going to explain where she is. I love MEK, but waited a long time for Tad to come alive with the return of Dixie, so even if it does return to TV, I won't watch if Dixie isn't there.

PP hasn't released any more news about actors singing since Lindsay and Cameron signed and that was on the 19th. I have to wonder if they are stalled on getting anyone to sign or if they are waiting until they can make a bigger announcement. I hope it's the latter, because that would mean the show is either a no-go or it's going to suck. Since I can take or leave either of those actors, that doesn't make me want to watch.

If you read the interviews I posted above with MEK, he isn't going to PP, at least not right away. He thinks Tad is sort of done and there's nowhere to go with the character.

Jacob Young is going to The Bold and the Beautiful, so he's gone, thank God. If production is still going to be in LA, David Canary is out, as is Ray McDonnell. Both of them effectively retired when the show moved. I think MEK also said that Debbi Morgan is not signing, which means Darnell Williams is probably out as well.

At this point, I'm reserving judgment until I see who will be with the show in January.

ETA: I just looked at the episode summary for today's episode of The Chew and there's Whoopi Goldberg with her buddy Mario Batali. This is why many people rolled their eyes during Friday's AMC tribute on The View when Whoopi said something like "We'll miss you." Yeah, sure

I won't ever watch that show. The commercials alone annoy the hell out of me. Could they have found 5more unappealing people to co-host? Even Clinton Kelly comes off irritating in the commercials. I hope that show fails miserably.
    Last edited by Critical; 09-27-2011 at 03:12 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Soaps in Depth has announced that Prospect Park has named the site on which AMC & OLTL will air: TOLN.com (The Online Network).
    We live in the land of the free, because of the brave....

Wow...that's a long wait... here's to speculation.

They're waiting until January so that both shows can premiere at the same time. For OLTL it'll, hopefully, be a smooth transition from TV to online. I'll be curious to see if AMC loses momentum over these next 4 months.

Well, I can't say this is a surprise:
    Prospect Park Puts AMC On Hold!
    Let's hope that Cameron Mathison (Ryan) doesn't give up his correspondent gig for GOOD MORNING AMERICA anytime soon, because Soaps In Depth has learned that Prospect Park has put on hold their plans to relaunch ALL MY CHILDREN on the Web!

According to our insiders, the company -- which, over the summer, acquired the licensing rights for both AMC and ONE LIFE TO LIVE from ABC -- has decided that they only need one soap opera for their new Internet channel, The Online Network. And since TOLN had gotten further along in the process with their plans for OLTL, word is that they are not moving forward with the AMC reboot. So far, Mathison and Lindsay Hartley (Cara) were the only two actors to officially sign on with Prospect Park, and we're told that while other actors were in negotiations, all discussion has been placed on hold.
    Prospect Park Puts AMC On Hold! - ABC Soaps In Depth

Unfortunately, I think all the crap ABC put the AMC actors through for the last few years of the show has caused a lot of bitterness. I can't say I blame them for not wanting to sign on with PP. With only two actors officially signed on after all this time (vs. many more for OLTL), I was wondering what was going to happen. I'm sad, but I also don't want AMC if it's a completely different show, without the characters I love.

FORT Fogey

Darnell Williams had also signed on, and from what I read on other sites PP is hinging everything on Susan Lucci signing. They have so much more to carry the show, and Susan Lucci would be great, but is not a necessity to go forward. I am saddened by this, and I think it is poor thing to give fans, and is going to not bode well for PP to upset all the AMC fans if they want anyone to care about any other shows they may produce.

+ Reply to Thread