+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

Re: All My Children

I'm glad! So I won't be extremely sad when the show ends...I don't know how they'll continue without Susan Lucci, but better than nothing I say! And they better not charge anything to watch! If so, i guess this week is the last week for me and AMC!

Babe was the character I loved to hate... the agonizing and drawn out storyline with her and Bianca's baby was just excruciating for me to watch!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm hoping Josh will be the person David alluded to as the person she loved who he's holding. I always thought it was terrible of Zach to kill Kendall's brother to get her a heart.

I don't really want Babe back. I'm thinking it would be ironic if she was brought back and then JR shot her while attempting to shoot Marissa. Maybe Babe flings herself in front of Marissa to stop JR or to protect her sister. Although it would be awful for David to lose Babe again after saving her life and keeping her hidden all this time.

I hope the show does well enough online that it gets picked up for tv again in the future. Maybe with new direction, better writers, and a revamped cast the show could get its magic back. As long as Vincent Irizarry remains on AMC. I will continue to watch. Once he's gone, so am I.

omg I'm kicking myself, i missed the episode while picking up some lunch and got delayed...

but i saw the ending where one of the bodies was revealed...kinda disappointed, but not really, that character should've never died.

but can someone tell me about Babe? it was a vision wasn't it? yesterday she appeared, but what happened with that today? Did Sarah Michelle Gellar appear in today's episode?

OMG, I was crying by the first commercial break today! Not only did Babe return (only as a vision, but I'm happy - I always liked Alexa Havens), but we also got Adam (with Brooke), Joe and Ruth, Maria, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Jamie!

One of the best moments of the last week was that scene where Erica tells Brooke that she's not going to be in Erica's movie. Brooke's response: "Bummer." That was one of the best rivalries in the history of this show. I'm glad they got a chance to work together one last time.

I still haven't decided if I'll watch the show online yet. I'm waiting to see which actors are signing. Cameron and Lindsay signing does nothing to make me want to watch. She's too new for me to care and, although I like Cameron, Ryan is just a big nothing for me. I need Martins (and I mean Tad and Dixie, not Jake and Amanda), Hubbards and David Hayward for it to feel like AMC.

Looks like the show will go out with a Tad and Dixie wedding! That proposal - with the entire Martin clan listening via cell - was super cheesy, but I loved every minute of it!
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

"Last" episode today! I'm excited, sad, anxious...

I went back and saw the Sarah Michelle Ghellar episode and I was sad she was in it so brief, I would've love to see her with Susan Lucci or Alicia....the bit with Babe and JR was good too... i cant help but to wonder who the other woman is...they keep mentioning a woman patient, I wonder who it could be...guess we'll find out today...im gonna have to catch the view too for the amc tribute.

Some terrific interviews with various cast members:
    How Do We Say Goodbye? – The Final Interviews with the Television Cast of AMC! | Michael Fairman On-Air On-Soaps | Daytime Soap Interviews, News, Updates and Previews, Video and Audio Interviews
    One with Agnes Nixon and the cast:
    All My Children Comes to an End: Creator Agnes Nixon and the Cast Look Back - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

And two with Michael E. Knight (the first one is really good):
    The Michael E. Knight Interview – All My Children | Michael Fairman On-Air On-Soaps | Daytime Soap Interviews, News, Updates and Previews, Video and Audio Interviews
    'All My Children': Michael E. Knight on the Show

I started watching this show when I saw about 9 or 10 when I would go to my friend's house for lunch every day. Her mother would always have AMC on. I can't even fathom turning on the TV at noon on Monday and not seeing AMC. I have to work tomorrow and won't be home until late, so I'll have to catch the show on SoapNet or Hulu

I sure as hell won't be watching The Chew. I think it's the height of insensitivity for ABC to be running promos for that show during AMC. I'm sure they'll do it tomorrow as well. I can only hope that it and the show replacing OLTL fail miserably and Brian Frons gets the boot.
    Last edited by Critical; 09-23-2011 at 03:01 AM.
    cablejockey likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I watched this show almost religiously when I was in college. A group of us gathered in the lounge every day for it. My job has kept me from following it daily since 1982, so I won't miss it. A little sad to see the show end, but happy that Susuan Lucci can now indulge in a cheeseburger if she wants to.

I've been watching since 1999? 2000? Ever since Leo and Greenlee, and they have been my favorite.

30 more minutes for me for the last televised episode, im ready to go! got my tissue box, watching the view was a bit disappointing because everything felt rushed, no one really got to say anything...

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    I've been watching since 1999? 2000? Ever since Leo and Greenlee, and they have been my favorite.

30 more minutes for me for the last televised episode, im ready to go! got my tissue box, watching the view was a bit disappointing because everything felt rushed, no one really got to say anything...
    I'm watching The View right now. I have to say, although I loved Jenny and Greg, I wish they hadn't spent an entire segment on Kim Delaney and Laurence Lau. They only had an hour - they should have let the current cast members have more time. Thorsten Kaye spoke for maybe a minute and that was it.

If i had to describe the last episode with one word, it would be D'oh!

+ Reply to Thread