+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

Re: All My Children

I knew there was a reason I dont like RR and her show. We will see how excited she is when its her show getting the axe.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Exactly. There are alot of us, who maybe we don't watch the soaps like we used to, but grew up with the shows and on occasion do see what is going on and are sad about this.
    Well, either she didn't or if she did TPTB told her get out there and create some positive buzz about the death of all scrlpted shows. The side effect for me is to make me even less likely to watch RR than I was before. Previously I had least had a warm fuzzy feeling for her...now, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Well, either she didn't or if she did TPTB told her get out there and create some positive buzz about the death of all scrlpted shows. The side effect for me is to make me even less likely to watch RR than I was before. Previously I had least had a warm fuzzy feeling for her...now, not so much.
    I don't think I'll watch the new shows. First I am usually at work, but the days I'm not, I'll make it a point not to.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Hoover to ABC for canceling soaps: You suck!
    by Lynette Rice

Hoover stood up with irate fans today by announcing that it will yank advertising from ABC in light of the net’s decision to cancel All My Children and One Life to Live. On the vacuum company’s Facebook page, vice president of marketing Brian Kirkendall said “we hear you loud and clear” and plans to discontinue advertising with ABC this Friday.

“We’re making every attempt to pull our spots from these programs sooner,” Kirkendall said. “Because we feel that’s not enough, we also want to help get your voice heard with ABC. So, we’ve set up a special email address, SaveTheSoaps@Hoover.com, to help pull together the mass emotional outpouring of support for our beloved ABC soaps and get it to our contacts at ABC. Please, send your emails to us at SaveTheSoaps@Hoover.com, and we’ll get every, single last one of them to ABC.”

A sponsor launching a save our show campaign? That’s pretty unique (though Subway jumped on the Save Chuck bandwagon with its finale and footlong campaign). And it certainly makes for good PR, though all it will do is back up ABC’s claim that there’s no money in airing soaps. The enormous costs of maintaining old (and many think outdated) daytime sudsers was the primary reason behind the network’s decision to yank the two shows. One less advertiser will only bolster the net’s decision, though it should certainly help Hoover collect a few more friends on Facebook!

No word from ABC, for now.
    Hoover to ABC for canceling soaps: You suck! | Inside TV | EW.com

If I hadn't just bought a Bissel, I would go out and buy a Hoover!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Wow, this is amazing! If Hoover pulls their ads from all ABC shows (not just the soaps) their action would really have more of an impact on the network.

Hmm.... my vaccum cleaner is older than dirt, it is about time to start looking around for a new one. I believe a Hoover has my name on it .

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Wow, this is amazing! If Hoover pulls their ads from all ABC shows (not just the soaps) their action would really have more of an impact on the network.

Hmm.... my vaccum cleaner is older than dirt, it is about time to start looking around for a new one. I believe a Hoover has my name on it .
    I know! I was thinking about getting a new one this year! Mmmm....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Bravo to Hoover for taking a stand. And I sent off an e-mail to save the soaps.

This is the most effective way to go. I'll be sending my protests to the ABC sponsors. The networks don't care what their viewers want; they want the advertising dollars. Protesting directly to ABC won't accomplish much, but writing to the sponsors will have at least some effect. That's what got Chuck renewed after its first season and that's what got Jackie Warner's show off the air at least for a while.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Don't forget your local sponsors either. I sent emails and snail mail to as many local businesses that I could that advertised during AMC, and told them of my anger, and they all emailed me back. Local advertisers might not be the big bucks, but it is still bucks and losing them is not good. AMC is a huge loyalty factor for ABC. They may think it is all about the buck, but loyalty amongst fans is so important. I am just gutted that AMC is cancelled as it has been apart of my life forever. I think this is going to impact them more than they know. Frons needs to be fired, as I feel this has been his agenda since he started. There is no other reason that we had stories and pairings shoved on us that we did not like.

I also hope Frons is fired(has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?) It did seem like he was undermining the show for the past few years. And good idea about contacting local sponsers.

+ Reply to Thread