+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

Re: All My Children

Stupid stupid ... we are invested in these soaps, we grew up with these soaps. Just because they put some crap on TV in place of them doesn't mean we will watch it. I have had enough of crap reality shows. This move is STUPID

I signed the petition. At least they will know how many are against this decision.

There is a big drive on Oprah's network (OWN) begging her to take All My Children over and run it on her network. Sounds like a good idea to me.

I signed.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

It's just so sad, if for no other reason than the chance it gives to unknown actors to work and be discovered. So many stars got their start and/or have appeared in soaps. Here is a link to a list of several of them. There are three pages of names in this story.

Soap Opera Alumni: Respected Film, TV Actors and Actresses with Soaps on Their Resumes - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Reactions from many current (and some former) daytime actors and others:
    Stars react to AMC/OLTL Cancellation

AMC star Susan Lucci — who has played diva Erica Kane since 1970 — issued this statement: “It’s been a fantastic journey. I’ve loved playing Erica Kane and working with Agnes Nixon and all the incredible people involved with All My Children. I’m looking forward to all kinds of new and exciting opportunities.”

Sheri Anderson: Days of our Lives, GH, Y&R and B&B fans must keep tuning in through thick and thin! We can't lose any more of our beloved soaps.

Sherri Shepherd: All My Children & One Life to Live CANCELLED! I grew up watching both shows w my grandmother... What a loss. RIP Soap Operas

Kristen Alderson (Starr - OLTL): course we are all very devastated about the news,but are very grateful we have time to process it.

Greg Rikaart (Kevin - YR): 2 soaps gone. Talented peeps lost gigs, but the douchebags of Jersey Shore have job security. WTF is wrong with society's viewing habits?

Bradford Anderson (Spinelli - GH): So sad our daytime family is getting smaller. It sucks. Just plain sucks.

Jordi Vilasuso (Griffin - AMC): 6 more months of really good show! This has been the best group of people that I've ever worked with. I am blessed to have been part of AMC!

Rainn Wilson: RIP "One Life to Live". The show that gave me my 1st TV gig. 1997. Casey Keegan, homicidal stand-up comic. #truestory

Eden Riegel (Ex-Bianca - AMC. Heather - YR): Saddened and shocked by the news of #AMC's cancellation. It's the end of an era. I love you, AMC.

Catherine Hickland (ex-Lindsay Rappaport - OLTL): Because every show Brian Frons touches, dies, does that make him a serial killer?

Kim Zimmer (Echo - OLTL) - Devastating.Not surprised it's still so sad that a genre of tv is disappearing. 1 thats important 2 the employment of many diverse people. I'm deeply heartbroken by this news!

David Gregory (Ford - OLTL): Thank you all so much for your support of not only daytime TV, but the ABC soaps: especially OLTL. And the Ford clan!! Love you guys. Frank has promised were goin’ out with a bang so get ready to process it.

Bree Williamson (Jessica - OLTL): Thank you so much for your support. I feel like Sarah marshal when ‘crime scene’ was canceled. You guys are so lovely. Unfortunately I am not sure there is anything anyone can do.”

Eric Martsolf (Brady - DOOL):AMC & OLTL. I don't get it. Ticked off.

Tyler Christopher (Nikolas - GH): My opinion of oltl and amc being canceled is...ABC farted then panicked when a little poop came out

Kyle Lowder (Rick - B&B): My heart goes out to all those associated with AMC and OLTL, from the loyal fans to the brilliant artists behind and in front of the cameras.
    To the fans of DAYS, GH, B&B, and Y&R, rally together and support your respective shows in any way that you can. This genre is too special.

Chrishell Stause (Amanda - OLTL): Rumors are true. AMC & One Life are cancelled. End of an era. Very sad but you will see us actors pop up other places
    Your support is overwhelming and appreciated! Ill keep you updated on other projects as they happen & still try to amuse you on Twitter
    Oh No They Didn't! - Stars react to AMC/OLTL Cancellation

Catherine Hickland rocks.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I love that Frons kills everything he touches line!!

The show that replaces AMC is a "food" show starring Mario Batelli....doesn't he already have about a dozen shows & what makes ABC think people are going to tune in to another? Having worked for Disney for a bunch of years, this is just typical of them. They seem to have their own opinions & the hell with the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I love that Frons kills everything he touches line!!
    I liked that too!

I wonder how the new shows in those time slots will do? Probably not much better, but they are usually cheaper to make. TV has been taken over by talk and reality.... think about it. How many really good dramas or comedies are being made a year? It used to be you had so much to watch... now its a sea of reality shows. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy several, but it is kind of sad.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread