+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

Re: All My Children

I wonder about Marissa too. What legal rights does she really have over AJ considering she was only married to JR for 5 minutes!
    I hate the whole stupid visit back to the past with the Damon/colby/Liza triangle, but I guess they needed an exit for Damon. I just started getting used to this character and he's gone!
    As for Jake and Amanda, I'm surprised to hear that he is that much older than his tv wife!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4146251;
    Does anyone else find the pairing of Jake and Amanda kind of, well......icky? Ricky Paull Goldin is maybe 15 years older than Chrishell Stause, but it seems like more since she looks about 25 at the most. I had to change the channel on that love scene today. *shivers* Plus, what was with that song? "I'll be your lover, I'll be your brother..." WTF? Just ICK. I've never been a big fan of RPG, but now he just gives me the creeps with the overly dyed hair and the obvious makeup. The makeup department does a much better job on the other men on the show, so I have to assume it's his decision.....or is that just a bad fake tan?

Plus, when are they going to pair Tad with someone worthy of him? I guess, for me, unless they bring Dixie back, no one will be good enough!
    If you think RPG and CS are icky because of the age difference,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    have you heard that Tad and Cara are supposedly going to wind up together?
    That age difference looks even worse, IMO. And IA 100% about bringing Dixie back!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4146453;
    If you think RPG and CS are icky because of the age difference,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    have you heard that Tad and Cara are supposedly going to wind up together?
    That age difference looks even worse, IMO. And IA 100% about bringing Dixie back!
    I had a feeling they would try that pairing. I'll have to wait and see how I feel.

I may just find Jake and Amanda icky because I find RPG icky!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Did anyone watch Oprah today with the soap legends? I missed most of the episode, but watched a clip on Oprah's site with Susan Lucci and all 8 men who played her husbands! They all looked pretty good, I must say, although Michael Nader (Dimitri) looked odd and seemed to be missing a tooth. Also, Larkin Malloy (Travis) looked very heavy, but only in the face. It reminded me of a friend who went through a bone marrow transplant and was on steroids - her face was abnormally full like his. I hope he's not ill. I wouldn't have recognized him if they hadn't said who he was.

Darnell Williams, Debi Morgan and Michael E. Knight were all on in addition to Tony Geary and Genie Francis from GH. So sad I missed most of the show! Hopefully, I'll find it online or catch it in reruns. It looked like a good one!

ETA: Okay, I just did some searching about Larkin and maybe he isn't ill. Maybe he just has gained lots of weight, although I must say, he didn't look that heavy. There's a pic of him on this site looking about the same as he did on the show today: LARKIN MALLOY : HOME
    Last edited by Critical; 02-10-2011 at 03:22 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Yes I saw it! I dont normally watch Oprah, but I was glad to see Susan Lucci! I didnt recognize a couple of the husbands either! The guy who was Jeff Martin really looks old now! I didnt recognize Dimitri at all or Phil Brent!! It was so nice to see Adam again.
    Susan must really like Oprah to let her come to her home and watch her wash her face and exercise!! I didnt watch the rest of the show.

Rumors are swirling pretty strongly that ABC is going to cancel this show & replace it with yet another talk show.

Oh I sure hope not!This show has been part of my life for years! The characters--especially Phoebe Tyler, Erica Kane--have been part of our cultural conscience for decades! Bad management, writing, and direction have driven a once iconic tv show to this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Rumors are swirling pretty strongly that ABC is going to cancel this show & replace it with yet another talk show.
    The same rumor went around a few years ago with OLTL and it never happened. I'll believe it when I see it. Since OLTL is still in NYC where production is much costlier and AMC usually has higher ratings, I'd expect OLTL to go first.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Wait… what… cancel AMC… omg.

So many Soaps all ending…

And AMC had so many of those actors relocating to LA…
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The same rumor went around a few years ago with OLTL and it never happened. I'll believe it when I see it. Since OLTL is still in NYC where production is much costlier and AMC usually has higher ratings, I'd expect OLTL to go first.
    Both of those shows are about equal in the ratings with AMC just a bit lower. But, don't forget, ABC is ending their other outlet for these shows early next year when SoapNet is gong to be branded as another childrens network, so the revenue stream will be reduced.

+ Reply to Thread