+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

Re: All My Children

that website that Bianca logged onto is a real web site:

I Am Erica Kane | All My Children | SOAPnet.com

here is tribute to Larry Keith (Nick Davis)

Larry Keith - AMC - All My Children - Kathleen Noone
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3882994;
    For some reason, Joe isn't in the same category for me. He just wasn't a big mover and shaker or troublemaker like the other four. I'd include Langley in that list and Mona too, as well as Charles and maybe even Kate, who I still miss.

I still liked them, but Joe and Ruth were more supporting characters by the time I started watching, around the time Tad came to town. Was that the late 70's? I remember Donna and Chuck and Brooke and Mark and Phoebe stealing Charles from Mona....or was it the other way around (I think it was!) Ah, the good old days.....

The best thing about the tribute show was that we didn't have to suffer through more Ryan/Greenlee drama. Why couldn't she have just died when she flew off that cliff on the motorcycle?

Unless tptb really step things up, I don't know how they're going to recover from losing David Canary. JR is not Adam and Jacob Young is no David Canary. Okay, I'm making myself sad now. They need to give Michael Knight a killer storyline NOW....and preferably not one with faux Liza.

On another note, I heard that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Kate Collins will be coming back as Janet for a while - I don't remember how long she'll be in town and I'm not sure if this will be insane Janet or calm, motherly Janet. Either way, I'll be happy to see her.
    It was the other way around... Mona "took" Charles from Phoebe, which was pretty radical then... the "other woman" was the nice one, and the betrayed wife was the witchy one. And as I recall Erica really resented her mom's messing up her social climbing in PV by irritating the queen of PV society, Phoebe. Ah, the good old days.....
    But it is time to let the not so young generation have a shot... if "Palmer" was 89 I'm guessing "Adam" is in the same ball park...how much longer caould they have him bedding 20 year olds? Or even 40 year olds?
    Sorry I missed the tribute, would have liked to see all those oldies reunite. I'm retiring soon, maybe then I'll look for it on youtube or some such.

FORT Fogey

Oh what has happened to my favorite soap? Man Greenlee is sure not worthy of as much airtime and RB is certainly not doing anything for ratings so why do they act like she is the best thing ever for the show? Her and Ryan together is horrible.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4073198;
    Oh what has happened to my favorite soap? Man Greenlee is sure not worthy of as much airtime and RB is certainly not doing anything for ratings so why do they act like she is the best thing ever for the show? Her and Ryan together is horrible.
    I haven't been able to stand the character of Greenlee since she first showed up in PV and wish she had never come back. However, from what I've read, RB is Frons's pet, so we're not likely to be rid of her any time soon unless it's her choice to go ... same thing with Ryan. Those two are not a supercouple and never will be. Give up, Frons. Bring back Cady McClain/Dixie for Tad.

oh man, I just got news that

Click to see Spoiler:
    Zach will be killed off because Thosten Kaye refuses to relocate to LA... wonder where that will leave Kendall, I hope she doesn't jump on the Ryan bandwagon again

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;4106451;
    oh man, I just got news that

Click to see Spoiler:
    Zach will be killed off because Thosten Kaye refuses to relocate to LA... wonder where that will leave Kendall, I hope she doesn't jump on the Ryan bandwagon again
    Surprisingly, they haven't made much of a secret of that one. It's been in the last two issues of Soap Opera Digest. I can't say I'm disappointed or surprised, especially after they told every magazine about Sonny being Dante's father on GH, which should have been a shocking reveal. Maybe they're trying to get viewers to watch the show by revealing the big events like that.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I like Thorsten, but he is not the show. TPTB are acting like he's integral to the show and he's just not. The show will move on without him, as they've done with many actors. If they moved on without David Canary, they can move on without TK. They already have several characters coming on the show to test with Alicia as potential relationships....or maybe a triangle. I'd be happy if they lured Thorsten back to OLTL. They never found Patrick's body. I have been pretty annoyed with Marty lately though, so I don't know that I'd be for anything that makes her happy!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Kudos to AMC for keeping the "David is alive" thing a secret. I love it when that stuff happens and you don't see it coming. I try to read spoilers pretty regularly and I either missed that one or it was super secret.

Really though, what the hell kind of trial is this? Is this the worst judge on earth? Since when do random people in the courtroom get to stand up and berate the witness? Usually, GH has the worst, most unrealistic trials, but this one takes the cake.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was glad to see David too. And also found the constant parade of angry hostiles coming up to David, ridiculous!!

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;4112569;
    I was glad to see David too. And also found the constant parade of angry hostiles coming up to David, ridiculous!!
    By about the third person, I just started laughing. They all started shouting out insults while the judge just sat there looking stoned. It was totally ridiculous!

Does anyone else find the pairing of Jake and Amanda kind of, well......icky? Ricky Paull Goldin is maybe 15 years older than Chrishell Stause, but it seems like more since she looks about 25 at the most. I had to change the channel on that love scene today. *shivers* Plus, what was with that song? "I'll be your lover, I'll be your brother..." WTF? Just ICK. I've never been a big fan of RPG, but now he just gives me the creeps with the overly dyed hair and the obvious makeup. The makeup department does a much better job on the other men on the show, so I have to assume it's his decision.....or is that just a bad fake tan?

I'm sort of confused by the whole JR/Marisa thing. She isn't AJ's mother and yet she's fighting for custody? She wasn't even officially AJ's step-mother for very long. She's his aunt, yes, but it's not as if she's known him is whole life or anything.

The new doctor is hot and so is that new minister/reverend. Maybe someone other than Kendall could date either one of them. Plus, when are they going to pair Tad with someone worthy of him? I guess, for me, unless they bring Dixie back, no one will be good enough!

+ Reply to Thread