+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

Re: All My Children

I haven't been watching regularly because the show has been boring me lately, but I tuned in today and saw Amanda modeling. Are they kidding? She's a beautiful girl, but she's not a model. Storylines like this are why I don't watch this show as much. Also, every time I see Amanda and Jake together it makes my skin crawl. He looks like her dirty uncle with that bad hair and creepy beard. He is not aging well and it's obvious he's fighting it...and losing.

They did hire new writers though, so I hope they can turn this around. First, they should kill off Greenlee for good! The second she came back into town, half the show became about her.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I completely agree with both your points. Surely with a little TV magic they could spiff up Jake so he doesn't look like a derelict! He's a good-looking guy. Can't stand Greenlee and don't understand what the big deal is about that character that they needed to bring her back. Bring Back Dixie! Then they'll be accomplishing something in terms of ratings and story lines.

I read that they are going to bring back Dixie. If they do, I don't know how they'll explain her being alive...lol. But it's been done before on soaps, Greenlee being an example of that.

All my children fans take note:
    Taylor Miller and Gillian Spencer will reprise their respective roles as Nina and Daisy for Palmer's funeral and a tribute to James Mitchell who passed away Jan. 22nd. The episode is scheduled to air April 20th. Miller's friendship with her onscreen father carried into real life. Mitchell even walked her down the the aisle at her wedding more than 25 years ago.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

There's an article in the newest Soap Opera Digest about the tribute to James Mitchell. Apparently, James was very clear that he didn't want a formal memorial service when he passed, so they are honoring those wishes for Palmer. I have no doubt they'll give him a wonderful tribute, especially since Lorraine Broderick is on the writing staff and she knew James very well. The episode will air on April 20th. Get your Kleenex ready!

Kattatude - if they could bring Maria back after we saw her die in a plane crash and bring Greenlee back after she went over a cliff, they can figure out a way to bring Dixie back. So what if we've seen her ghost! They brought back Robert and Anna on GH after Robin talked with her father's "ghost." They can figure out how to bring just about anyone. I expect that, even if we SAW someone get decapitated on screen, they'd come up with some cutting edge surgery to reattach the head!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kattatude;3873854;
    I read that they are going to bring back Dixie. If they do, I don't know how they'll explain her being alive...lol. But it's been done before on soaps, Greenlee being an example of that.
    Please PLEASE tell me where you read that and approximately when. You're not referring to her recent stint as a ghost that lasted all of one week, are you?

I read it somewhere on soapcentral.com - in the last couple of days - on the All My Children forum. I can't remember the name of the thread. I have no clue if it's true, but I did run across it there.

Ya know...I went back to see if I could find it, and the most I could find was a thread with people saying they wanted Dixie back. I was certain I had read somewhere they were bringing her back, but I didn't find it with a quick search of the forum. Sorry to have mislead anyone.

Tomorrow Palmer will be remembered.

Also this week, the character of Adam will be leaving

I just checked TV Guide and the memorial to Palmer is on Tuesday.

This week
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Adam and Brooke will ride off into the sunset together. After Palmer's funeral, they will decide not to waste any more time, so he dumps Annie and leaves with Brooke. IMO, a great way send-off for Adam and a nice way to make it up to Julia Barr for the non-exit she made a few years ago.

Can the Chandler men not keep it in their pants? It's almost incestuous around PV. JR sleeps with his father's wife. Erika and her daughter both sleep with Ryan. Annie either slept with or almost slept with her husband's nephew....the list goes on and on. I know that there's a finite amount of people in town, but good grief.

HATE the JR/Annie storyline. You knew Marissa was going to get crushed eventually, but this is pretty bad. Now there's one more reason for David to hate the Chandlers.

+ Reply to Thread