+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: All My Children

Re: All My Children

I cried like a baby. Zach on the floor in the elevator just totally did me in. The poem that Zach read at the end was written by TK. It was a beautiful poem. The song that Eden sang is from a Broadway play called "Once Upon a Time" starring Eileen Herlie & Ray Bolger, Eden did a wonderful job.
    I think the whole tribute was beautiful and AMC sent her off in the manor that she deserved.
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

Quote Originally Posted by rcurrytoo;3255473;
    I cried like a baby. Zach on the floor in the elevator just totally did me in. The poem that Zach read at the end was written by TK. It was a beautiful poem. The song that Eden sang is from a Broadway play called "Once Upon a Time" starring Eileen Herlie & Ray Bolger, Eden did a wonderful job.
    I think the whole tribute was beautiful and AMC sent her off in the manor that she deserved.
    ty for the info on the song, curry. She really did a fabulous job singing. See, I missed the poem! And I can't find it on Youtube.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Here are the words to the poem. Courtesy of Zendall Fan SNS.

Highland Song

By Thorsten Kaye

Now who will lead our Carnival

And who will make us stronger

Who will mend our broken sleep

When she is here no longer

For whose part do we stand and bow

What stories do we tell

And will we memorize the day

When great and greatness fell

Say will this valley overcome

And will these shadows fade

And will we lift our eyes to see

The beauty that she made

The disappearing last of her

That leads to worlds unknown

Has left a path to softly tread

When sadness wanders home

I’ll meet thee where the highland winds

Divide wild mountain thyme

Where I will be forever yours…and you forever mine.
    Phyllis Newman.....Proof you can't turn a ho into a housewife.

Thanks for posting the words to that poem rcurry. I thought he'd probably written it, but didn't know for sure. It seems like he and Eileen were just as close like their characters were.

These soap goodbyes are always 100 times more poignant when the actor has passed IRL and they are long-time cast members: the other actors aren't having to act, they really are grieving. When Anna Lee (Lila, GH) died, Leslie Charleson, Stuart Damon and Jane Elliott (Monica, Alan and Tracy) had me in tears. It was obvious they were grieving their friend.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I watched Erica again breaking into sobs as Eden Riegel sang and you could tell that it wasn't just scripted crying. You had to know that everyone on that show that had the good fortune of working with Eileen was truly mourning. She will be missed and Pine Valley will definitely seem a lot darker without her brightness shining through it. It's going to seem so strange not seeing Myrtle giving her sage advice to all the Pine Valley-ites. And how sweet was it to see Agnes back for a brief moment to blow a kiss to her departed friend?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3255489;
    ty for the info on the song, curry. She really did a fabulous job singing. See, I missed the poem! And I can't find it on Youtube.
    Do a youtube search for All My Children 12/19. It'll come up in numbered parts.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Terena79;3255564;
    Do a youtube search for All My Children 12/19. It'll come up in numbered parts.
    Right but all the videos ended with Zach sitting on the elevator floor and there were no other numbers after that. i will search again, though.

I was extremely disappointed that they didn't replay that episode during Christmas and replayed the freaking tornado thing again.

I haven't watched much lately. I did see the Myrtle funeral episode and it was very good, but sad. There just hasn't been a lot to hold my interest lately. yes, Annie is batpoo crazy, I get it already. Just get rid of her. I prefer Greenlee with Aidan, so i hate the storyline with Ryan. I am tired of Taylor, I am tired of David Hayward, I am tired of ex-prostitute Randi, and I am tired of Kendall's coma.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3259842;
    I haven't watched much lately. I did see the Myrtle funeral episode and it was very good, but sad. There just hasn't been a lot to hold my interest lately. yes, Annie is batpoo crazy, I get it already. Just get rid of her. I prefer Greenlee with Aidan, so i hate the storyline with Ryan. I am tired of Taylor, I am tired of David Hayward, I am tired of ex-prostitute Randi, and I am tired of Kendall's coma.
    I like crazy Annie but I feel the same way about everything else. I'm tired of the coma only because I want to see Zach's reaction when she comes out of it. I do enjoy not having Kendal around, though.

Hayward and Crystal are lame. I hate Randi and can't wait for Frankie to finally be a normal human being and have some reservations about dating a former prostitute, which it looks like is going to happen soon.

And I just really enjoy looking at Aidan and want him to be happy.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

+ Reply to Thread