+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 496 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree937Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Today's little scene with Lulu in Laura's hospital room was just heartbreaking. That's one character they cast perfectly. Not only does she look like Genie, she can act too.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I can't wait to see her in scenes with Genie this fall!

I seriously want to smack Lucky and Maxie, but if this little affair ends up getting Jason and Elizabeth back together, then I'm all for it. I was sort of shocked that Carly actually told Elizabeth about the affair. I was sure she'd just keep quiet about it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oh, I haven't caught a whole show yet this week. Carly caught Lucky and Maxie and told Elizabeth???

Holy crap.. thank God I haven't deleted these on Tivo!

Oooooh, I caught yesterday's show last night. I'm surprised Carly told Elizabeth as well as that was a nice thing to do, despite the topic. How horrible for Elizabeth to have to walk in on that and not make a scene. Hopefully she throws Lucky out on his butt today!

The Lulu pregnancy storyline is going to be interesting. Please don't let it break Dillon and Georgie up again.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    The Lulu pregnancy storyline is going to be interesting. Please don't let it break Dillon and Georgie up again.
    It probably will. IMHO, Georgie is way too immature to be with someone like Dillon. Not that Lulu is any more mature but Georgie has been nothing but dishonest with Dillon from the day they got married. The whole thing with her writing to Diego in jail and lying about it? Why would she lie about it unless she really had feelings for Diego and didn't want anyone to know. I think Dillon needs to be on his own for a while and find someone who's a little more mature and doesn't act the way Georgie and LuLu have acted. The whole story is just wrong! "I slept with my stepbrother and now I'm pregnant." So Dillon's going to be a father and step-cousin at the same time. Ewww. And Lucky and Maxie are p***'ing me off!!!! What kind of a woman would so willingly sleep with a married man andrisk her job and reputation and freedom by stealing drugs for that married man??? And Lucky's just as guilty. He's sleeping with another woman who's getting him drugs illegally while his wife is sitting at home worrying about him and trying to bring the romance back to the marriage. I told my husband yesterday that Lucky is a drug prostitute. He's only sleeping with Maxie because she's getting him his pain killers. So instead of giving him money for sex, she's giving him drugs. Liz deserves soooo much better than that. He keeps acting like that she's going to end up in the arms of someone that no one's going to want to see her with. Let's see: Sam belongs with Jason, Emily with Nick, Carly with Sonny (can't believe I'm saying that), Patrick with Robin so who's left? Maybe go back to Rick? I know he's married to Alexis but I honestly don't see it lasting. They're supposed to be giving him and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sam
    a little romantic liason according to SOD but I think that will be just a one-night stand.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

See, and I think Georgie is a heck of a lot more mature than Lulu AND Dillon. Shoot.. I think Georgie is 18 in the show and Dillon is 19. Lulu is (thanks to the magic of soaps) about 17-18ish.

The Maxie storyline angers me even more because, as Lucky is trying to get himself away from drugs there is Maxie trying to hold onto him by continuing to give him more. When he says he doesn't want them she pulls the old guilt trip on him.

GH has a history of being unable to write strong, stable female characters. With as fabulous as I think they are writing for the current Carly, there are still flaws. The other women are all quite pathetic, really. They've destroyed Alexis' character to the point where there's nothing redeeming about her and it just goes on and on, ad nauseum; Emily is self-righteous and preachy and non-appealing; Robin is too prudish; Liz is nowhere near as fun as she was when she first came on; Sam is useless.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Newbie
    I'd really like to see Elizabeth get her feistiness back!

I still remember her first, classic exchange, upon meeting Lucky:

Elizabeth: "Who are you?"
    Lucky: "Lucky"
    Elizabeth: "We'll see."

I just absolutely hate how GH is constantly slaughtering couples I am so in love with...i've lived with it so far, but breaking up Lucky and Liz is not good at all in my book...

I kinda regret supporting Maxie during her near death scenario...well, i hope they really do killl her off soon, like maybe getting runned over by a train...I just completely hate her character now...what she did to Liz on yesterday's episode was just ridiculous...

Recap for today: Elizabeth's worst fears were confirmed. She's pregnant. (Is it Lucky's or Jason's???) Sam tried to call Jason to give him the news about Alexis. She decided to keep it from Alexis that she and Jason have reunited. Anna overheard Alcazar making Ric an offer. (Something about getting Jason out of his hair) Jax continued to shower presents on Carly by giving her a '57 convertible (I forget what kind).
    That's all I can remember. If anyone remembers anything else, please add.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Slaughtering couples is what soaps are all about. The whole thing is slowly, tortourously bringing couples together, giving us a two weeks (or perhaps three) of happy bliss and then smashing it all to pieces. Sometimes they pick them back up through another long, slow, agonizing reunion or they go and smash someone elses bliss. I love it, I hate it, I watch it like my life depends on it.

I may have posted this before but
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jonathan Jackson is reprising his role as Lucky to coincide with Genie Francis coming back as Laura.
    Not sure if this is a permanant thing or what. I hope it is. I really like him. Much better than the guy who's playing him now.

+ Reply to Thread