+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 494 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast
Like Tree930Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

The voice? The odd tan? The sincere squinty eye look? The overly large boobs for that tiny body? Did I mention the voice (the many reasons to not like her). Then there is the character and the plots they keep giving her.

OK here is my take on the whole rehabilitation thing. Carly always had that something to her character that made her likeable even in spite of all the bad things she was doing at first. You could feel that she was acting out because she was damaged somehow on the inside and its the same thing with Rick. Yes, hes horrible and has a tiny heart BUT..... the actor is so dang good that he is able to play this character in a way that I can't help but feel compassion for him because I know its coming from a place of deep hurt and I keep hoping that someday he will find happiness and forgiveness.

I don't feel any of that for Sam. I don't think Kelly M is a good enough actress to pull it off. To play a bad guy with that deep inner core of hurt... think about Todd on OLTL. He's the master at that sort of thing.

Anyways.. thats my take on it. I think with a better actress that maybe Sam could be played in a way that you can't help but feel compass and hope that she is redeemed.

Well, not liking the actress, will make it pretty well impossible to like any character she plays... I understand what you mean, completely. I dislike the actress playing this Carly, so that clouds my opinion, and I find nothing redeemable about her character for that same reason....

I have liked Kelly Monaco from her days on Port Charles, and I like the way she looks... Different strokes... But I dislike them giving an actress I like a crummy plot line... The writers have made it impossible to like Sam any more... And they did it too quickly... One minute (practically) Jason loves her, and the next he has threatened to kill her... I didn't buy that at all...

Both actors who have played Todd are great... I thought Roger was the better of the two, but maybe that's only because he was the original... Hmm... I wonder what he's doing now. Another soap?

I am not fond of the actor playing Lucky, so his character has lost it's charm for me - that and turning him dark...

I did watch yesterday's show again last evening, and all that stuff happened in the cliffhanger... I don't know what I missed during the news interruption, though.... I wonder if the writers have changed directions on a dime again, because the character who was supposed to be offed, turns out to be too popular to let go... (Like Luke back in the day...)
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by PK
    Both actors who have played Todd are great... I thought Roger was the better of the two, but maybe that's only because he was the original... Hmm... I wonder what he's doing now. Another soap?
    You're getting your soaps mixed up. Todd is on OLTL not GH. He is now played by Tristan St. John. Roger Howarth is now on another soap. I believe it's Another World? I kind of liked Roger Howarth's Todd better than St. John. But anyway, wrong soap.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Right, I was using Todd on the other soap as an example of how a bad guy can be played and still be sympathetic. I preferred Roger's Todd as well. And... do you think today's viewers would be as understanding as they were of Luke and Laura? All I've seen everywhere is a huge uproar being made about Jax and his rape by Irena and people are ticked off about the whole way it was played out. I don't think today's audience is as quick to overlook and forgive certain things because of how "romantic" it maybe. What do you guys think?

Oh and for the record, I don't like the actress playing Carly right now either. She's too hard and her voice tends towards the whiney but I like the character enough to overlook it for the most part.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 09-09-2007 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2564186;
    You're getting your soaps mixed up. Todd is on OLTL not GH. He is now played by Tristan St. John. Roger Howarth is now on another soap. I believe it's Another World? I kind of liked Roger Howarth's Todd better than St. John. But anyway, wrong soap.
    No, I was not mixed up, I was simply agreeing with Harmony about Todd from her earlier reference...

Perhaps I should have quoted and highlighted the text, but I figured most of us here watch the full ABC lineup...

Sorry for the confusion...

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2564281;
    Right, I was using Todd on the other soap as an example of how a bad guy can be played and still be sympathetic. I preferred Roger's Todd as well. And... do you think today's viewers would be as understanding as they were of Luke and Laura? All I've seen everywhere is a huge uproar being made about Jax and his rape by Irena and people are ticked off about the whole way it was played out. I don't think today's audience is as quick to overlook and forgive certain things because of how "romantic" it maybe. What do you guys think?

Oh and for the record, I don't like the actress playing Carly right now either. She's too hard and her voice tends towards the whiney but I like the character enough to overlook it for the most part.
    I find it so "Fruuuuusssstttratting" that all the soaps copy one another... OLTL did this same thing with Todd some time ago with Margaret - resulting in the birth of "Tommy", and the associated rigmarole that a guy can't be raped, blah, blah, blah...

Of course he can... His body responds to a particular set of stimuli which he has absolutely no control over... It's the same old "blame the victim" scenario that is still alive and kicking... Sadly...

I don't believe that women of the intelligence supposedly being shown in the soaps, could possibly buy into that stupidity...

But then, most of the writers are men, right???

OK, off soapbox...

I agree. I find it interesting that so many choose to not believe that men can be raped. Think of the way the character Jason reacted when Carly tried to tell him that it was against Jax's will. He snorted and smirked. Pretty much the same reaction most would have. Now... why haven't they addressed this at all in the character of Jax? Unless it really wasn't against his will and he's just using that as a cop out?

OK back to Friday's show... I'd love to find out what we missed because of the news brief. I can't believe they interrupted for that BS. GRRRR. And the cliff hanger was quite good and left me with all sorts of questions. However, thinking on it a bit alot of the stuff doesn't tie together. You know? I'm wondering if they aren't related.

Well, Jason had to smirk and disbelieve if they are to have a genuine dialog... There has to be conflict, after all...

And we know how much Carly relies on Jason's views...

"Re the other stuff, I'm thinking a last minute writing change...

After, all... We 'viewers', will never notice... <Aarrgghh!!>

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2564346;
    OK back to Friday's show... I'd love to find out what we missed because of the news brief. I can't believe they interrupted for that BS. GRRRR. And the cliff hanger was quite good and left me with all sorts of questions. However, thinking on it a bit alot of the stuff doesn't tie together. You know? I'm wondering if they aren't related.
    That's the beautiful thing about SoapNet at 10pm.... no news briefs!

*slaps forehead* I completely forgot about that!! I think I've already missed it. Dang it. I have to remember that for next time it gets pre-empted.

+ Reply to Thread