+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1032Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I don't mind the pre-emptions. Just air it at another time on the same day. I don't understand why they needed to air today's episode of The View, but couldn't make time for GH.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Not shown on the East Coast either... You see the effect of the pre-emptions when you get a "Friday cliff hanger" on a Monday.

Gut---Molly was in the car because she had gone to see Silas, having just learned about Rafe's drug use from TJ while they were picnicking in the park. She was going to tell Silas that he needed to do something. She ran into Rafe leaving...having been encouraged by Nina to go on the lam. She got in the car as a way to stop him, but when Dante and Sam showed up Rafe panicked and drove off. If I remember correctly. And then as they were driving the whole story starts to spill out, with Molly saying, but Rafe, it was an accident, and Rafe, saying, no, it wasn't, I was made to do it by someone ... presumably someone not in the car...so maybe to pay off his drug debts... so maybe ordered by Fluke to target Emma to shut Spencer up....who knows, because as Molly is asking who made you do it, at that point they see the roadblock and the crash happens as he goes off the road to avoid the roadblock car. She didn't remember the stuff just prior to the accident at first, but now it coming back to her in flashes/dreams, etc.
    Last edited by PWS; 07-17-2014 at 11:55 PM.

Thank you! I thought I had gotten all caught up, but missed that part.
    I wouldn't mind the news pre-emption if they didn't just keep repeating the same 10 known facts and pictures over and over and over. After a brief breaking news flash they could scroll the news and link for more at the bottom.
    ilja likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I was a sopping mess over the Rafe scenes, too.
    Joss and all the other youngsters (except Emma) can fade away now, thank you.
    Pretty clear that Nathan was set up by the Aussie on calling ICE - but why seal his own doom? To marry Maxi? I bet she'll fall for it, too. What is his ulterior motive?
    Why does Nina think she caused Rafe's death?
    Don't kill off Olivia! She's the prettiest one in the cast! Give her a better storyline. My short list of people who could give Alice a heart: Britt or her mom, TJ's mom, Kiki's mom (I'm having name farts), or an interesting twist would be for one of the villains to give her their heart (Fluke would be interesting) and have it give her evil tendencies. She's such a sweetie, but with her wrestling background that they've been playing up, it could lead to some interesting storylines and nobody would suspect her. She could really go head to head with Tracy.
    Oh, absolutely. Except for Emma. She's the only one of the kid actors who's any good. I don't know why TPTB think we're interested in kid drama. The teenage storylines we always get in the Summer are bad enough at times. At least most of the teenage actors can actually ACT. I find that so many little kid actors are so over-the-top and hammy. It's distracting and not believable.

It takes me back to how very terrible Ricky Martin was on this show. I remember he'd deliver his dialogue as if he'd memorized the lines not in sentences, but as lines on the page. His pauses were so unnatural and I finally figured out why. At least he was pretty to look at, even with all the hair flipping
    Gutmutter likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I really don't like Nina and Levi is just gross

I normally wouldn't do this because it has nothing to do with GH, other than 1 thing. This girl looks like she could be the sister of Kiki in real life & she is freaking brilliant. Check out Caitlin Rose & see what you think.

Caitlin Rose - Shanghai Cigarettes - YouTube

Why, why, does Lucy need to come back. She adds nothing to this show. Her neck makes me itch.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Bob Hastings, who played Burt Ramsey back in the 1980's, the PC police chief for years, who was later outed as a mob boss, Mr. Big (according to SOD he turned to the dark side when Anna was named his co-chief, and he "assigned" Duke to woo her, which started their romance, back when Duke was a crook), has died at age 89. Fifteen year battle with prostate cancer. He was also on McHale's Navy for those of you who watch ancient reruns.

Some nice comments about him in this week's SOD from "Anna, Scorpio, and Scotty".

Oh, and I agree Caitlin Rose does look like Kiki, especially since the mike partly blocks her face so you don't get a real look, and especially when she smiles. Nice voice, catchy song.

There's some discussion about Bob Hastings' passing upthread starting at post #4755

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And some of it is by me--- ... the old memory's starting to go...

+ Reply to Thread