+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree972Likes

Thread: General Hospital

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: General Hospital

I can't believe Maxie isn't going....just for family reasons alone.

Maybe Ronn Moss will be a new love interest for Olivia.

A clue as to what may be motivating Fluke, and therefore who he is the other day. He looks to the ceiling as if he is talking to someone in "heaven" and says something like, yeah, I know the main goal is to punish Sonny, but it doesn't hurt to make a little money on the side does it? I don't know if he is talking to someone who has died that he is seeking revenge for or if he is "talking" to someone far away,e.g., Brenda. If the other person is alive I wonder if they know about the drugs, or if that is just Fluke's idea. So it seems as if Fluke is a fairly independent operator, but working on behalf of or for someone else.

Add me to the list who feels that Maxie is being manipulated. If she wants to be a vegetarian, fine, and people shouldn't try to sabotage her. But if she's being pressured or guilt tripped into it, then that's another story.
    As to her not going to the Nurses' Ball, she obviously really wants & wanted to go. That's her thing. She was clearly manipulated & pressured into not going.
    Real love or caring about someone isn't trying to change them into someone else. It's appreciating who they are & maybe even taking one for the team & going along sometimes if it makes the other person happy. Even if you don't, you at least don't try to stop them.
    It's just a matter of time before she cracks & kicks this dope to the curb.

I absolutely loved Obrecht's Cabaret take-off performance. That was fun.
    I missed the beginning of the show like usual today. For the rest of the Nurses' Ball I think I'll tape to make sure I don't miss anything good.
    ilja likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, so far it looks as if Eli IS taking one for the team and they are going...but no doubt he'll try to ruin it in some way. Maybe that will open Maxie's eyes. Eli totally has a point about just give the $$ you'd spend on your dress, etc., to AmFAR, but this is also a small town, make your own fun thing. One of my high schools had only 100 kids and we had a party every weekend, sometimes two, to which frequently the whole school was/were invited. Dance parties. Much more social activity than the really big high school I went to had.

I liked Nathan coming in with Epiphany.

I loved the Cabaret scene---come on you stoogie faces...you may hate her, and it wasn't nice to scare the nurses off the stage, but it was good...and if she wasn't a master criminal you'd be saying what a good sport the hospital head is. Give her a round of applause, don't just sit on your hands. Even the kids weren't clapping, just pulling prune faces.

I thought Olivia looked stunning---they need to show off that tiny waist more. And I love that she handed Sonny's hat to him and now everyone is mad at him. Somehow I think Kiki's efforts to protect Michael are going to fail (and he'll be mad at her and Morgan for not telling him), as so many people now know. Kind of glad Ava got away though....

Cameron is overplaying his hand....Emma's going to dump both of them... it's become more about the boys' competition than it is about caring for Emma. Kind of this year's Frisco/Mac battle.

What on earth did they do to Elizabeth's hair? Weird and ugly. I wonder if she really did make her own dress---the actress apparently does sew well and make a lot of her own things.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm the only one watching the Nurses' Ball? Even Magic Milo? Glad to see Milo back, even if he didn't say anything. Is he working on some other show?

So Luke and Tracy get married right smack in the middle of the Nurses Ball! Interesting!

Glad to see Maxie ended up going to the NB. Her bf is an idiot. Seeing less of him would be great.

So Britt and Bradley and Spencer and Nicholas all have decided to go to the NB.

Miss Scarlett, you did not miss anything really. Lucy spoke for a few minutes on the history of the NB and then she introduced the GH Nurses. As they were doing a song and dance number and Obrecht "crashed" their singing and dancing and did her Cabaret performance.

I do not like Anna's dark hair.

I love Elizabeth's and Olivia's dresses.

The guys number was great. And yes MILO was with them dancing on stage.

Kiki doing PINK's song was great. Full of energy.

Loved Eddie Main but Luke's song was meh.
    KAREN

I had two idiot 8th great boys staying for detention yesterday, so I missed the NB. Grrrr. I will definitely catch it on Hulu when they allow it.
    Count your blessings!

Have you checked ABC's site? Sometimes they have video available before Hulu. I've been watching OnDemand and it's available later the same day.

"That is one nutty hospital." Nice little shout-out to Tootsie at the end of Obrecht's number.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I hate to admit it but there is just something about Obrecht that I find quite entertaining. The cabaret type number was perfect for her. I too wish some had dropped their high and mighty attitudes and actually clapped for her.
    Lizard and Miss Scarlet like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, perfect choice for Dr. O. Very S & M.

I would think that in NY you need to have filled out some forms in order to get married....you can't just up and grab a minister and get married. Now maybe they did that even though they hadn't set a date, but we didn't see that.... Clever move by Fluke though. And of course if,as we all think, Fluke is not Luke, the marriage is invalidated because he lied about who he is.
    Fluke is having trouble kissing Tracy? Aren't they living together and presumably sleeping together/having sex?

I think I heard Lucy say that next up would be Blackie??? As played by John Stamos? This was before I ever started watching GH, but I've read references over the years to him having been sent to jail. Presumably his jail term ended? I guess this is a change from Bobbie's ex, who is on a tour now I saw in the paper. Would be cool if that's who it is....really deep GH history!

Who was Ned singing with? Just some random woman they hired to sing? On my soap captioning they always say who is speaking...or singing...a line and while they would say Ned was singing his lines hers were just blank.

How to get rid of Eli.... how about he steals the Aztec princess necklace? And Officer Shirtless catches him?
    ilja likes this.

Speaking of officer hunka hunka burning love, was I the only one that thought he had no rhythm?

Speaking of spoilers, I just read that Jonathan Jackson is coming back.

What?!? No spoiler tag?

Well actually, I didn't realize it at first but it was an article from 2009. Talk about a big letdown.
    PWS likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

+ Reply to Thread