+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 449 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast
Like Tree739Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Yes. Australian. And Kimberly started playing Robin at the tender age of 6 or 7 in 1985. Her birthday is March 5, 1978 so the reason I said 6 or 7 is because it would all depend on when in 1985 she started (before or after her birthday) but in any case, I could be wrong but I thought Noah had already left by that point? I could be wrong.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

LOL or I could be wrong! It was so long ago! I'm just trying to get it all straight in my head.

However, we have established that Noah did sing on the show whenever he was on there. So this storyline is a bit off, right?

OK.... who else thought it was funny when Scotty automatically assumed that Tracy in a wig was Laura? Obsessed, much? LOL I loved that whole scene with Dillon and how Edward in the end supported him. Very touching.

I loved the goodbyes as well. I could swear that that was really the actor who was crying as he left. And what I loved (unlike when Tad did it on AMC) was the seemingly removal of the 4th wall when Clifton put his hands up in a square (like he was filming) and said "I will remember you all like this." I sobbed.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Harmony.... I could be completely wrong and having a fuzzy brain, too!! I could swear, however, that I recall Noah singing at a concert, singing to Bobbie, etc. It wasn't his main thing by any means, but I thought they had crossed over his real life into his soap life, as that is right when Working Class Dog became popular.

And I do have to admit that I have "I've done everything for you.... you've done nothing for me!" running through my head all morning, dangit.

Stickers spits nickels... PK...'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2467754;
    Yes, he did sing on the show. I don't understand why they aren't allowing it to be Noah that sings, either. That's one lingering question that I've had, too.
    My recollection is that the "band" was a young person's "lark"... Mildly successful (on the show) garage band with Blackie, and he "grew up" and gave up those things when he decided to be a doctor...

That his doppleganger is a famous rock star just gives it all a bit more irony...

;0))

PK

And I am suddenly singing Jesse's Girl!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

LMAO I have had Jesse's Girl stuck in my head ever since we started this discussion!

Awesome, finally got that cleared up. I miss the 80's GH when the focus was on the hospital (hello..it IS called General Hospital) and not the touchy-feely mob. *sighs*

So yesterday? When Sonny was going at Sam? Was it bad of me to wish that he'd go all Soprano's on her and off her? I wanted him to order a hit on her. But nope, this is the "nice" mob and he didn't.

The name of the band was The Riff Raff. Amy Vining was the lead singer which I never knew. I guess I have to go back into my memory banks a little more. Anyone know if SoapNet ever has the old classic episodes on? And when?

Stickers spits nickels... PK...'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2467986;
    The name of the band was The Riff Raff. Amy Vining was the lead singer which I never knew. I guess I have to go back into my memory banks a little more. Anyone know if SoapNet ever has the old classic episodes on? And when?
    Amy Vining....

Wow, I haven't heard that name in a long time... And I can't "quite" conger up her image or her relationship on the show...

But I can see Jessie Brewer, plain as day... (in black and white, no less!) Sigh...

That would be neat to see the early years again... Or for most of you, forget the "again"...

Roy Thinness (Jessie's rogue of a Dr. husband) was the first Soap Crossover whose career I followed closely through the years.. And how neat that he came back to his roots, and appeared on OLTL for a pretty long time...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Amy was a blonde nurse. If I remember, she was Ruby's daughter or something like that. Very perky. Almost like that annoying doctor woman on GA (Can't think of her name)

Amy Vining was Laura's "sister." Bobbie and Luke are Ruby's niece and nephew.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread