+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1763Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I loved both "Carly 1" and "Carly 2" with Sonny, Lizard When you say "Carly 3" do you mean Laura Wright - who is technically 4, or Jennifer Bransford, who is actually the 3rd Carly? She was definitely my least favorite - and VERY forgettable! Neither of them had a great love story with Sonny - and I don't think "current Carly" has nearly the same chemistry with Sonny as the first 2. I do like Laura Wright's Carly very much though - I'm just no longer invested in Sonny and Carly as a romantic couple. Now Carly/Franco.....
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Loved revisiting all the Carly's!! I think this episode may have been a bit confusing - and not especially wonderful - if you're not a long time viewer, but I for one enjoyed the heck out of it
    I was quite confused. I haven't been watching through all the Carlys, so I had no idea who these women were. I was fixing lunch for myself & my dog & watching a bit half heartedly, as usual, so these random women appearing with various ages of Sonny had me wondering. I wasn't even listening well, so I had no idea they were the Carlys.

I figured they were just women from Sonny's past. I know there have been quite a few of those.
    Seeing that I didn't know them or their backstories, I just didn't pay attention. When the current Carly was on, even in past scenes, I did pay attention because I know her. Now, knowing that they were all Carly (or the Carlys) I wish I would have paid attention.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

No I do not think AJ mentioned Ava to his mom when he said you will find out.
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

AJ didn't mention Ava to his Mom but he said to Carly, "Sonny shot me for Ava" so hopefully Carly can figure it out.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

The daughter was the Emily who was also visiting Nic, her ex, to advise him about marrying Britt vs. Elizabeth. If I remember correctly, she was adopted as a teen, as Monica met her mom when they both had breast cancer (that was a bold story at the time, as I recall) and the mom died, while Monica was cured. Interesting that Jason didn't turn up! Not even as a stand in from the back...so I guess he really is alive if frozen. That was a nice episode with all the "Paging Dr. X or Nurse Y" for all the major characters who have left. Poor Monica, all she has left are grandkids....and none of them live in the house.
    The actor who played AJ wanted to leave, and was not very tactful about it ... said he didn't think he'd be coming back to be spending all his time having panic attacks and selling relish.... The writers who have really brought GH back up to speed were pretty offended as I understand it from SOD. As soon as he worked out his ability to leave he was calling other shows. I think Billy Warlock (sp? can that be right?) who also played AJ was maybe a bit saddened that AJ isn't around to be played anymore...

I'm beginning to think that Nina was killed by her mom who figured she'd give all the family $$ to Dr. Clay... or maybe mom had been skimming and she thought Dr. Clay would be sharp enough to notice, unlike her daughter. Of course I also think someone got Clay's evil crazy vampire twin to pose as him to get the prescription.
    On the other hand it would be tidy to have Kiki's mom be the only murderer in town. But although we know she killed Connie there are times when she seems sincere in saying she didn't do the other stuff.

I still can't believe they killed off AJ, he's such a major character. I was really expecting him to turn from the light and run back down those stairs! But I guess it was him or Sonny at this point... I'm also amazed that Britt hasn't broken any laws... wonder if the hospital board might think there are a few ethical issues to deal with.

Momrek06---they brought back the Nurses' Ball last year already--that's where Britt announced her pregnacy to Patrick in front of Sabrina and Emma and the whole audience, where Frisco came back and proposed to Felicia in front of Mac (they weren't married yet), etc. I'm pretty sure you can get youtube videos from it. Anna and Duke did a tango, Frisco sang, Mac did a very stupid jealous puppet act....
    momrek06 and ilja like this.

Thanks PWS for your post!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I'm beginning to think that Nina was killed by her mom who figured she'd give all the family $$ to Dr. Clay... or maybe mom had been skimming and she thought Dr. Clay would be sharp enough to notice, unlike her daughter.....
    I agree - I absolutely think mom is behind it all, and it's because of the money I wonder if Nina is even her biological child as Nina was much older than detective sexy-pants as I recall. I still have serious doubts though as to whether Nina is actually dead....
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    The actor who played AJ wanted to leave, and was not very tactful about it ... said he didn't think he'd be coming back to be spending all his time having panic attacks and selling relish.... The writers who have really brought GH back up to speed were pretty offended as I understand it from SOD. As soon as he worked out his ability to leave he was calling other shows. I think Billy Warlock (sp? can that be right?) who also played AJ was maybe a bit saddened that AJ isn't around to be played anymore...
    I don't blame him for leaving. I stated earlier that he was horribly underutilized for a core family character.
    The writers have been doing a great job with GH & incorporating its history into the current show & storylines, but with AJ, they just dropped the ball.
    I was excited to have him back & kept waiting for his storyline & integration with other characters to pick up. But it just didn't.
    So much potential & they just wasted it.

If SOD is right, then I side with the actor.
    ilja and Jaceegirl like this.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

Thank you karna68 about the fact that AJ did mention Ava to Carly and yes I hope she figures it out. I have a feeling that Sonny will just think the connection of AJ mentioning Ava was because AJ was with Ava when he got to her apartment and the reason Sonny ultimately ended up shooting AJ. He will say he was protecting Ava from AJ. I hope Carly digs deeper and realizes that Ava was not suppose to be at the apartment at all. She was suppose to be in NYC and used that as her alibi. I'm not sure Carly knows about that, but I know Carly is no fan of Ava and hope she will think there is more to the story then that. AJ told his mom the truth will come out and she will be proud so I'm going with that.

I think you are right PWS and Nina's mom killed her. Nathan is going to be absolutely crushed to find that out if it eventually comes out. I know he was surprised she hadn't told him about Nina's death sooner or the fact that Silas had signed the papers giving the money to Nina's mom, but he also can't give up on believing Silas still may be guilty. Plus Sam and Silas are focused on Ava being the guilty party which I agree with you - she may not be guilty of it and if not they are back to square one. Thank you for the back story about the actor who played AJ. I heard he was frustrated with the s/l, but didn't realize they wanted him to stay. I may be wrong, but I don't think he will be that happy on the B&B. They may use him for awhile, but they tend to back burner actors and actresses after there s/l is over. I like the actor and liked him on GH, but they did seem to drop his s/l and we didn't even see him for quite some time.

I can't believe this business about the stolen embryos not being a crime. It seems like Dr. Orbecht gets away with all sorts of things and I just find it frustrating. If Britt takes Ben and leaves for who knows where I fear LuLu and Dante will never get to have their baby. I hope she decides to do the right thing and returns Ben to LuLu and Dante. Without Nikolas I'm sure she thinks Ben is all she may have and I understand she loves him, but so does LuLu and Dante. It makes it worse because they know Ben is their son and not a case of not knowing and finding out years later. I was a bit confused as I thought Dr. Orbecht was going to leave as well so they would all be one big happy family, but then it seemed like her plans were to continue on in Port Charles. Love this soap, but some of these things just bug me.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 04-03-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I loved both "Carly 1" and "Carly 2" with Sonny, Lizard When you say "Carly 3" do you mean Laura Wright - who is technically 4, or Jennifer Bransford, who is actually the 3rd Carly? She was definitely my least favorite - and VERY forgettable! Neither of them had a great love story with Sonny - and I don't think "current Carly" has nearly the same chemistry with Sonny as the first 2. I do like Laura Wright's Carly very much though - I'm just no longer invested in Sonny and Carly as a romantic couple. Now Carly/Franco.....
    Yes I meant blonde Carly when i said three. Real number three had such a rough voice....was here for a blink of the eye.
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

+ Reply to Thread