+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

FTR; My comments on "poor acting" refer to the amount of time I have been watching and that's probably three weeks now.

It was not just about the night LuLu found out Ben was her baby.
    KAREN

I'm glad Nik reflected on his treatment of Liz. Hopefully it will somehow enable us to wrap up the Ben story quickly. I don't care if Obrecht escapes until further notice. I can't stand her character. As long as she doesn't slip back into the chief of staff at GH as if nothing happened.
    Count your blessings!

Definitely on board that Nina is very much alive

If we hadn't played "Weekend at Bernie's" with Anthony Zacchara for so long, I'd swear he was faux Luke. He certainly has reason to hate Sonny with a passion....not to mention that he'd have the added the bonus of getting back at Luke and Tracy. I think Anthony was kind of a lech too. I don't remember Hector Rivera (the only other one we know of who hates Sonny that much) being that way.....

ETA: Oh wait! Could Bill Eckert have somehow made it out alive? He was wealthy, and very involved with Barret Enterprises back in the day. I think he was a pretty good guy back in the day, but I don't remember for sure. And things change.....
    Last edited by Katydyd; 03-28-2014 at 05:06 PM.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post

If we hadn't played "Weekend at Bernie's" with Anthony Zacchara for so long, I'd swear he was faux Luke. He certainly has reason to hate Sonny with a passion....not to mention that he'd have the added the bonus of getting back at Luke and Tracy. I think Anthony was kind of a lech too. I don't remember Hector Rivera (the only other one we know of who hates Sonny that much) being that way.....

ETA: Oh wait! Could Bill Eckert have somehow made it out alive? He was wealthy, and very involved with Barret Enterprises back in the day. I think he was a pretty good guy back in the day, but I don't remember for sure. And things change.....
    I just have no idea who any of these characters you mentioned are. I wish we'd hurry up & find out so I'd know who to go & look up on Wikipedia & the GH history sites. I'm not going to research all of them.
    Wikipedia is my friend.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I just have no idea who any of these characters you mentioned are. I wish we'd hurry up & find out so I'd know who to go & look up on Wikipedia & the GH history sites. I'm not going to research all of them.
    Wikipedia is my friend.
    Here is a great site as well.

Just click on each name and you will get a full history.

General Hospital Cast List - Soaps.com
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    FTR; My comments on "poor acting" refer to the amount of time I have been watching and that's probably three weeks now.

It was not just about the night LuLu found out Ben was her baby.
    Ah well yes, soap acting in General is usually pretty over the top, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post

Yes, that along with the fact that the AZ could fit under Luke's armpit. How would he have added six inches to his height?

Fake dying gives you growth spurts and fake masks gives you a va va va voom body.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Wikipedia is my friend.
    Anthony Z. was Tracy's mobster husband for a while...she was blackmailed into marrying him as he knew about some funny stuff she'd done financially to save ELQ.When he died there were some pretty funny scenes of Luke and Tracy trying to move the body, pretending he was alive, to keep Heather and others from realizing he was dead. He was also Johnny's dad/grandfather (lower level mobster, involved with Carly and with Connie's alter ego), and was being chased in a car earlier in a way that caused the death of Starr's OLTL child and baby daddy, freeing her up to get involved with Michael eventually. They certainly thought AZ was dead... but you never know on the soaps! He had a real thing for Tracy.
    Bill E. was Luke's cousin who looked just like him. I thought he was a blue collar working guy, good guy? Maybe he got rich when I wasn't watching! It would be easy for him to play Luke...no masks involved!

Here's a great link about Bill Eckert. He started as a blue collar guy, but sure didn't end up that way. He was definitely well connected to Barrett Enterprises too. Other than he wasn't really evil (then) and the whole dying in Luke's arms bit, it could fit And it sure would be better than yet another rubber mask! Not sure why he'd have such a hate-on for Sonny though....

Bill Eckert (Anthony Geary) - General Hospital Wiki
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread