+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree940Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Dante is the least police-y police officer in the history of GH.....and he's got stiff competition!

Lots of bad acting over the last few days, especially from the actresses playing Lulu and Britt. SO over-the-top.

Nikolas is such a jerk. I wanted Elizabeth - or ANYONE else - to smack him.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Speaking of Prince Nik - has he been putting on weight again? He had gotten all puffy before he left last time, but came back hot and buff. Now he's starting to look puffy again. I wonder if he has some kind of medical condition.
    I know what you mean about child neglect... it's not just the water. The stables (?) have collapsed recently (Carly/Heather), and all those winding tunnels underneath the place you could get lost in. At least 3 serious mobsters/criminals invited to the party who are likely to shoot off guns at any point. I'd guess he's supposed to be closer to 7 or 8 if he can make an origami heart out of a nurses' ball flyer and hand out priceless family heirlooms.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, I agree, he's looking puffy---especially when he's all dressed up--I think he must have a short neck. He needs to take classes from Milo at the supposed center that Lucy and Laura were starting. (In real life Max and Milo are Nic's cousins, a fact I find fascinating for some reason). That haircut with the sort of mullet in back does him no favors either...
    So Emma was 2 when Robin went away for two years, so she's supposed to be 4 or at most 5? I figure Cameron and Spencer are supposed to be about the same age, but I don't think they can be more than a year or so older than she is at most....otherwise they would see her as a "baby" not a "babe" . I'm guessing Spencer is an older short kid, given the speeches he has to deliver, and that Cameron was actually fairly close to the age he plays, but he's started to sprout up. He usually has much shorter speeches and we don't actually see him make his origami heart.
    Good point about the collapsing tunnels, etc. You'd think that would undermine the whole house and it would have to be evacuated.

Donna Mills really does look fantastic for 73. Even in close ups you'd never guess her real age.
    I would suspect she's had some work done to look like that at that age, but if so it's very good work. She still looks exactly like herself. None of that odd appearance change.
    ilja likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Anybody else think Nina isn't dead?
    Katydyd likes this.

Me tinderbox - I think she's very much alive!
    Katydyd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Lots of bad acting over the last few days, especially from the actresses playing Lulu and Britt. SO over-the-top.
    TY for saying this. ^^^^^^
    As a returnee to GH I did not want to step on anyone's toes by saying the above so where Critical did say it I am going to totally agree with her!

Oh boy! This woman playing the baby kidnapper, ugh. Her acting as well as others; Lulu, Britt, Silas meh!

Yes, that suit on Nickolas was so tight! He does look allot puffier that when I saw him years ago viewing GH.

Oh and I also agree with those who think Nina is alive!

If Madeline did not trash Silas' place who did?

I am watching with 'closed captions' so I can learn everyone's name and I see this young lady laying KIKI!
    She is looking so familiar to me I had to look her up ..... huh, the former STAR from OLTL!

I remember Tracy from years ago watching but her HAIR now .... oh my! ugh. She so needs a new style. And she and Luke are engaged! Interesting!
    KAREN

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Whoa, momrek06, you've missed a lot in the last year! "Kiki" was on this show earlier, playing Starr (who also got involved with Michael) and her "dad" was on as well.. and is now Franco, both involved with Carly... and Silas was McBain, both involved with Sam---all from OLTL, and then there was a big lawsuit over the characters with the internet company, and all the OLTL characters left, but the actors came back... as different people. Which is why Kiki doesn't have the same color hair as Starr.

And we think Tracy is really engaged to someone pretending to be Luke by wearng a LUke mask---you missed a whole section of the show in which we learned that Faison can look like Duke in a Duke mask, and the babynapper, Dr. Olbrecht (Britt's mom, Faison is her dad), can look like Anna Devane in an Anna mask. Luke was kidnapped for a while and may never have been rescued.

I actually thought Weds. ' level of hysteria was about right for the giant reveal we've been building up to for well over a year. I agree, soap acting is not always the greatest, but Weds.... that justified the over the top response. But we can agree to disagree...

Madeline's lipstick is the only flaw in her look....looks painted on!
    Jaceegirl likes this.

I have to ask how folks would expect anyone to act under the circumstances of what went down with that whole baby issue. Should they have sat down to tea & scones & perhaps a brisk rubber or two of bridge & then all depart amicably? Sorry I don't get the over acting accusations.
    ilja likes this.

I agree, I thought the acting was pretty good, a lot of emotion going on.
    ilja and Jaceegirl like this.

+ Reply to Thread