+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree760Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

That whole scene with Robyn telling Patrick she needed to leave was ridiculous yesterday. There was no logic and even the best actress could not sell it, although I thought they gave it good effort. Writers could have handled the situation much better if they need to get Robyn out of PC for other commitments.

Why has nobody even questioned the missing embryos where Ben is concerned? Especially given Britt's history and parentage? And if Britt is pointing the finger at her mom, then will she still be head of GH? Oh, silly me. If kidnapping Robin doesn't prohibit her, why would baby snatching?
    PWS likes this.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Off the plot line, but I cannot get over how good Tracy looks. I know she must have had some work done at her age, but it was well done, she just looks "rested", even on the HD TV. In contrast, as we've all said, Bobbie's doc should have his credentials revoked. The actress who plays Lucy normally spends a lot of time in the sun I imagine, at the ranch they have, and it's showing up on her face...but frankly that's ok with me--better that than bad plastic surgery.
    And back to Tracy, I liked what she said to Lulu.
    Not clear to me that Dante and Lulu think they will get the baby--not sure why they would think that. Wouldn't it be nice if a nice shared custody thing could be worked out, nice and sane. Boy, is it being set up that Nic will not like it when he finds out that Britt knew all along it wasn't her child at all. I really don't want to see Nic back with Liz though---she was really being witchy during the discussion with Britt and Dante---not thinking about how Dante and Lulu were feeling much, just wanting to score off Britt.
    I actually think Britt and Nic are a good pair.
    And maybe Lucas and Brad are as well. I wonder if the secret sponsor of the Jerome family is Brad's family....and that's why that is being brought up again. Even though "Chinatown" seems to have disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Why has nobody even questioned the missing embryos where Ben is concerned? Especially given Britt's history and parentage? And if Britt is pointing the finger at her mom, then will she still be head of GH? Oh, silly me. If kidnapping Robin doesn't prohibit her, why would baby snatching?
    I thought the same thing Gutmutter, but before Ellie left didn't she show Dante and LuLu some paperwork showing that there were really no missing embryos, and that was why they couldn't go ahead with their original plans. I'm sure that Obrecht faked the paperwork because she had already used the one good embryo on Britt. It's all very confusing because they have just used the word sperm the last two days and I'm not sure where Dante's sperm would have come from. By them using the word sperm it implies Dante is the father and Britt the mother, which we know is not true because in the past both Obrecht and Britt have said she is not the mother. Obrecht even told Faison Ben was not his grandson, and just recently reminded Brit she had that bit of information to hold over her. When Brad was talking to Felix he even started to tell Felix there was more to the story, but then before he could finish Felix changed the subject to Lucas. I'm assuming that was what Brad was going to say. I'm just totally confused by the whole thing.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

As I recall it, there were several embryos to start with. One or two were used on Maxie, resulting in the pregnancy that she miscarried. Two had not been used, and were being saved for either future children or in case the first attempt with Maxie didn't work. Those two embryos were used by Britt and her mom to create Ben (presumably her mom did the implantation on her; one "caught", one didn't). While of course unethical at the time no one thought this was Dante and Lulu's only chance at a child because 1) Maxie was pregnant and 2) it was assumed they could always make more embros if they needed them. Their problem then wasn't fertility, it was Lulu not being able to carry to term. The paperwork Jaceegirl refers to said that the remaining two embyos were destroyed (by mistake)--that is, there was official paperwork saying it was time to clean out the freezer as it were, and toss unneeded or too old stuff, and the Falconeri embryos were among the destroyed materials. This paperwork was signed by Ellie as I recall, and was clearly a "mistake", but it was right when she was leaving town, and I can't recall now if anyone asked her about it, or if it was just Brad showing them the paperwork. (That kind of mistake in lab management might have cost Ellie her new job I would think.) If Ellie did see it she'd think it was an accident...a typo as it were. But of course there was no accident or typo--Brad or Britt's mom created the papers. That is, Brad was continuing to cover for the theft of the embryos.

I'm guessing that all of Dante's sperm sample was not used in the making of the original embryos. After all, there are a lot of sperm in one sample...you don't need them all if you are fertilizing an egg in a Petri dish. The rest would have remained frozen for possible future use, and this is what Lulu and Dante believe was used to create Ben. So Britt is lying by saying only sperm were used to create Ben, and by saying she didn't know Dante was the dad until Liz discovered it. Ben is from Lulu and Dante's remaining embryo(s), and Britt knows it. But she loves him anyway and doesn't want to give him to them. Plus at this point it would cost her Nic, but I do think she really loves Ben and wants to keep him.

For Ben's sake I'm glad they are finding a way for him to get to know the parents he's obviously eventually going to wind up with...so when he leaves the only mommy he's known it won't be such a shock. At his age he will really notice (unlike Connie's age). I also liked Sonny's talk with Dante about what Dante has missed with Ben--reminding him that they only met much much later in Dante's life, and yet were able to forge a bond.
    Last edited by PWS; 02-20-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Thank you PWS for explaining it all so well. I agree completely with you and somehow I remember both Ellie and Brad being involved regarding explaining the mistake which was not really a mistake. Somehow I remember Ellie telling both Dante and LuLu how sorry she was that something like that could have happened especially in lieu of what they had lost with Connie, and they trusted Ellie's word over Brad. Ellie was leaving and it was all kind of rushed at that point. Ellie was of course innocent, but I believe as you do that Brad knows there was a cover-up.

Like you I'm glad that at least Ben will be a part of Dante and LuLu's world, but hope it doesn't take that long for the whole truth to come out. I'm glad it's Nickolas we are dealing with as far as thinking Dante needs to be a part of his son's life. I don't think Britt feels the same, but will do it for Nickolas. I do believe that Britt loves Ben, but she is so scared of losing Nicholas if he finds out the truth, yet I believe it eventually will, and she will end up losing him anyway. If she was truthful with him she might stand a better chance of him understanding. The longer she waits the worse it will be.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think there were a couple of times she was on the verge of telling him, and then they'd either get interrupted, or he'd say something like, it's not like you KNEW ... implying if she did that would be beyond the pale. Ugh, it looks like they are setting him up to go back to Elizabeth...when I think he's really good with Britt, and she with him.

I think you're right about them setting it up so he goes back to Elizabeth. I like Nickolas with Britt as well. I think she became a much better person because of him - except for the lie about Ben. I hadn't seen today's show until a little while ago when Elizabeth told him she loved him. What ever happened to AJ? I was sure that Ava killed Connie, and they had AJ on for a couple of days where Ava mapped it all out for him that he indeed killed Connie. Is the actor who plays AJ leaving, and that is why they did that? At the time of the murder I felt sure that Ava killed her.

I also loved it when Dante told Ben he wished LuLu was his Mom. So sweet!!!

I probably should not say anything that I want to happen since I'm so lousy at predicting outcomes BUT I don't believe they are going to have Nicholas with Elizabeth in the end. First he is still Lucky's brother and second, his chemistry with Brit is electrifying.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as an idol?

I don't get how everyone is willing to give Britt to Nicholas... she was evil to Sabrina, evil to Emma, covers for Obrecht constantly, stole Dante and Lulu's last two embryos, blackmailed Brad into lying for her, smeared Elli's good name by saying she messed up with the embryos disappearing (when she wasn't there to defend herself), and is STILL LYING about Ben's parentage and keeping him from his real mother!!!! - knowing that Lulu can't have children of her own. She is EVIL! I hope they are setting Nichobeth up for an end game, and Britt has to watch weeping. Nicholas' reaction was pretty strong when Liz told him she loved him. There are still feelings there.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread