+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1097Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I'm reading the spoilers in advance of each week looking for a reason to jump back in... haven't found one yet. This latest (VC/WSB) isn't helping. We need the eye roll icon back.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I was happy to see Victor Cassadine, or at least the actor. I really like him, & he's still looking quite good. He played Tony DiMera on Days for many years. He plays the bad guy quite well, the good guy quite well, & the not-so-sure-if-he's-good-or-bad guy even better.
    I'm looking forward to what he's going to do with this role.

As to the running the WSB bit, the show has been not just pushing the bounds of credibility lately, but stomping all over them & throwing them out the window.
    I really don't like that. Soap stories are often ridiculous, but I like them to at least hang onto a bit of realism. They're not doing that.
    Imperfect1 and ilja like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Yeah, good point, re Jason, but, if she were faced with his return in real life, and as a mom raising a child...yes, his child, but still... Well, we'll see, but I'm betting not before May at the earliest! Maybe they still hope they can get the "real" Jason back.
    Didn't Steve Burton play Jason? If so he is Dylan (I called him Dullen) over at Y&R. I stopped watching Y&R on the 30th because it turned into a horrible show with terrible writing and all these new actors that JFP brought over who imo can't act their way out of a paper bag. It was also the last day that Michael Muhney appeared who was tremendous with his role of Adam Newman. We just lost several actors/actresses this year because of JFP and her decisions. Steve Burton appears to be her pet and many (from other sites) feel she is turning it into the Steve Burton show. I never saw him on GH as he had just left so can't speak for how he played that role. Dylan is boring imo, but he will be staying since he has turned out to be Nicki Newman's long lost son that she gave up for adoption. With that tie in to the Newman family I doubt he will go back to GH. I understand JFP also allows him to do all his filming in 2 days so he can spend more time at home.

Steve Burton is kind of a drab actor, but his role as Jason fit his acting style perfectly. Jason had a really mixed up history & was kind of a confused & downbeat guy, but still quite likeable.
    I'd like to see him back, but would be open to a replacement, if SB's not returning.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, I know it is unlikely he'll be back (SB)---Jason had been the premed bound Q son, but after the car accident with his drunk brother AJ he had a head injury that turned him into a very stone faced unemotional guy who became an enforcer for Sonny. He gradually acquired some ability to feel again...e.g., his friendships with Robin, Carly, Elizabeth...but was also very rigid about "betrayal". So when Robin told AJ that he was Michael's bio father, not Jason or Sonny, as Carly had said, he cut her off for a long time. I expect he'll return around the time Silas gets out of jail and things are happy for Sam.... with a new face--which they may or may not comment on. When they had Todd come back with a new much prettier face on OLTL (supposedly after plastic surgery as I recall--one of the few times I've seen a change of actor covered that way) then when eventually they got the "real " Todd to return they had a whole new story line to write as the usurper had taken over Todd's family and life.

Spoiler alert....according to my SOD this week at the end of the week while Lulu is watching Ben while Nic is out at the stables she
    Click to see Spoiler:
    notices a rash. I seem to recall that was the first symptom for Danny's leukemia....this could lead to a donor search again, and Britt confessing all to save his life
    , but I didn't see that happen. Maybe coming up Monday, just in time for sweeps.

Actually, I read that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    it is an allergy that Dante also has and Elizabeth is the one who picks up on the fact that they are on the same medication for it.
    . I wish they'd give Elizabeth a fresh romance and take her out of the busybody role.
    Miss Scarlet and ilja like this.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

OK, it was an allergy--to latex and a whole lot of fruits that have some proteins in them that are similar...and Dante has the same one....which Lulu pointed out when Nic told her what the rash was....so clues are piling up... Given that Lulu was so nuts over Connie and didn't even carry her and only had her for a couple of weeks I hope she is a little sympathetic to Britt when this comes out... but I doubt it.

OK, so Robin will go off to rescue Jason from the Cassadine deep freeze? Why on earth would they have frozen him even if they rescued him from the water??? But ok, that's a reason Robin would leave. Hopefully she tells her husband... although he already has some issues about how close she is to Jason... and I notice they are using a photo of the "real" Jason... so not planning to bring back him back as someone else yet. I'm guessing Robin will be gone until May sweeps... at least.
    And when she comes back will there be a marriage, now that Sabrina has come clean?

Thaao Penghlis! Not only do they bring back Victor, but they don't just recast him. Excellent.

Someone needs to fit Elizabeth with a muzzle and, like Gut said, get her a life of her own so she'll stop meddling.
    Imperfect1 and Miss Scarlet like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think the powers that be don't like the actress that plays Elizabeth. I think they just keep her around because she has a lot of fans and in hopes of luring Jonathan Jackson back some day.

I wish they would redeem her.

Yeah, I was surprised they used the real picture of Jason. Maybe they can use the excuse that the reason he looks different when he comes back is because his face froze in place like our moms used to warn us would happen if we didn't stop making faces.
    PWS likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Now that Sabrina has told Patrick that the baby is his, he'll certainly tell Robin. That will give her an excuse to leave "to sort things out" or something.
    I was wondering what excuse she'd tell Patrick. The question is, how will she explain leaving her daughter? They just got each other back after 2 years or more.

+ Reply to Thread