+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1150Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I wasn't around during Casey, the alien days, so have no comment on that. I've laughingly put up with people moving through space and time at Star Trek speed, but this woman just held Robin hostage for years, put her dad in a coma, and had a part in keeping the police commissioner hostage. What could she possibly have over anyone that would override that? Maybe get her off, and out of prison (maybe!!!) - but in charge of the hospital where everyone who is involved in her charades works? I just can't stomach the scenes. I know it's a soap, but I can't watch right now.
    Count your blessings!

I took Olbrecht's comment at the end of the episode today to mean that she didn't get the Chief of Staff job honestly. We don't know what she has on the board members. It's a soap. I'm willing to go with it.

I've watched all sorts of crazy stuff on this show (and others). This will pass quickly enough and they'll be onto something else.

If the rumors are true and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Kimberly McCullough is leaving soon, I'm really curious about how they're going to have Robin exit. I can't imagine her leaving town without Emma and I can't see them killing her off. It sort of makes me wish she hadn't even come back if she wasn't going to stay very long.
    Katydyd likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Casey the alien?????
    I had no idea. I'm glad I wasn't watching then. As is, the storylines push the limit of reality & possibility and have me wondering why I watch this. That would have put me over the edge for good.
    I tried, but never could stomach Passions because of exactly this. Their storylines were just too far out there for me.

As to
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Kimberly McCullough/Robin, I read a while back that she is "always welcome to return" either for short time or long. So I really doubt that they'll kill her off. I also doubt that the whole family will leave. Patrick is an integral part of the show, especially with Sabrina's baby now. My best guess is that she will still be there, but an off camera character, not working in the Hospita. Maybe she'll get a grant to work on her big cure thing & be doing it somewhere else, either in Port Charles or a neighboring town, so she won't be seen on the show.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Lol Casey the alien was tame compared to Ryan's hope having Delia kidnapped by a King Kong like Ape and held on top of a skyscraper lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Lol Casey the alien was tame compared to Ryan's hope having Delia kidnapped by a King Kong like Ape and held on top of a skyscraper lol
    Or the lost world of Eterna AND the return to the Old West on OLTL! Remember when Marlena was possessed by the Devil on DOOL?

I quite liked Casey the Alien He was cute.
    PWS and MsDiva2007 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The new Chief Of Staff can't last long. Things will happen & she will be outed. That's my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Or the lost world of Eterna AND the return to the Old West on OLTL! Remember when Marlena was possessed by the Devil on DOOL?

I quite liked Casey the Alien He was cute.
    That was the reason I left Days. Is it still on the air?

I had no idea about Casey. It must have been during my really away from there days. I had thought that I always watched it every now and then but apparently I missed an entire storyline that should have stuck out.

After yesterday's episode I am wondering

Click to see Spoiler:
    if Robin is going to get PTSD? Not that she seems like someone who would get it but who am I to say when you consider our own military get it.

I'm still rather shocked that she got back with Patrick if she was going to leave so quickly. Not that she hasn't been a ratings booster. Way to go Robin!
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I just googled Casey the Alien and am watching really old videos of GH. Man, everyone was so young back than and the way they did Robin's and Anna's hair sure made them look related. They were both quite pretty. And Casey was cute.
    Last edited by ilja; 01-23-2014 at 08:30 AM.
    PWS likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, and part of Casey's appeal was the way he related to Robin, the child. And I agree---Anna and Robin really looked alike then. Of course hairstyles and clothes were more "poofy" then, so you have to allow for that, but they both looked really good.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Om my gosh, I remember watching that!
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread