+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree976Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Brit's mom...seriously!!!! With R**** leaving the show, this show has offically jumped the shark tank for me. Going to remove it from my dvr list. The whole mob scene did not help their cause with me either.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Gut, I'm STILL hoping it is a dream sequence...maybe Robin or Britt's.... I'll find out in 20 minutes... They fire Monica because her SON is up for murder (ok, and she did conceal he was dead), but they would make Olbrecht CoS?

Port Chuckles has always been known as home of the Keystone cops. I remember that bumbling obsessed with Sonny, Taggart!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

This is really a deal breaker for me. I turned it on ready to watch and there she was with her stupid accent as the new chief of staff. I turned it right back off. Too, too stupid for words. I'll follow the recaps and spoilers for a while to see how things are going, but I won't watch it.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I'm sticking it out 'till February Sweeps are over. Then I'll make a decision.

What the heck is it with all the people turning up, hiding out, wandering in & out of Wyndymere? The place is supposed to be an island!
    How are they getting there? Now with Heather/Carly hiding out there it's gotten ridiculous. How did they get there? Rowboat? If so who rowed? If Heather, Carly could have easily overpowered her or pushed her overboard. If Carly, she would have had two oars in her hands to club Heather with, unless Heather was pointing a gun at her the whole time, & even then, someone would have been pretty winded afterwards & I didn't see any indication of that. If private ferry, you'd think the ferryboat Captain would tell someone. If private plane or heliport, someone would notice & spill the beans there too.

My money's on transporter. Beam me up, Scotty.
    ilja likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I've watched this show for over 35 years. I've stuck with it through sillier storylines than these.

The little grammar school "love triangle" was an eye-roller, but I had to laugh about Spencer's suggestion that Cameron should just go date Jocelyn Jax instead.
    ilja likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Hey we have had aliens why not people going to an island easily
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Brit's mom...seriously!!!! With R**** leaving the show, this show has offically jumped the shark tank for me. Going to remove it from my dvr list. The whole mob scene did not help their cause with me either.
    Seems to be a bit of an over reaching decision to me. It's a SOAP OPERA, not a real life experience like say, oh X Files or something.

Okay, I must have lost it but I think Oldbrick actually looks kind of pretty in her new makeup, hairdo and glasses.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

She can actually look very pretty depending on how she is styled. Usually she's made up to look kind of desperate for Faison and unappealing, but I've seen shots of her off screen where she looks very nice.

OK Gut---the "explanation" is that she "has something" on the GH board (or at least key members) and maybe also on the WSB, which is why she was let go and hired. We don't know what. Robert and Anna even worried briefly that she might have found out what they had done to Faison and were using that to blackmail the WSB.
    I can see her return may feed into the rumored Robin departure.... although I don't quite see how unless she takes her family with her...and then that leaves Patrick's baby stranded.
    I'm definitely sticking with it to see how Britt's baby gets outed and whether Nic sticks with her, but I admit this new CoS thing violates even soap logic so far.
    No Knocking Casey, the alien! He was so cute and such a hit they brought actor back in another role... but oddly part of what made him appealing was that Casey was kind of naive--the new character wasn't and he didn't last long. Anyway, his appeal made people willing to suspend logic---this story doesn't have that same plus!
    Gag me with a spoon re the junior set triad (although I agree the Joss line was good--since apparently the only other kid of their age in or visiting PC)---Even the normally good actress who plays Emma is hamming this up, and the boys aren't really up to it--very stiff sounding. Plus Nic's son---trying to bribe Emma with is riches--ugh. And kid, that approach will only get you golddiggers. Ask your dad.
    MsDiva2007 and Katydyd like this.

+ Reply to Thread