+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree743Likes

Thread: General Hospital

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: General Hospital

And why on earth are the guards at the institution helping Heather? For sex? As far as I know she doesn't have any money to speak of, and yet she can always buy a new trench coat, wig, etc,., when she needs it. Maybe from the sale of her BLT painting?

Patrick's baby is going to need a bone marrow donation or something...it will all come out. OR it will turn out that Carlos was NOT such a good guy and did take advantage of Sabrina's drunkenness, comatose state and raped her. But that means this has to stay undercover for at least another 6 months...May sweeps? So they need to find another story for Robin to fill the time or what's the point of having her back. Maybe a fight to be Chief of Staff?

Britt's baby reveal is, I assume, being saved for Feb. sweeps. They can't leave the baby with her much longer...pretty traumatic to switch moms when he gets much older, even if he "can't remember it". Connie/Georgie was only a few days old, but Ben has been around for a couple of months now.
    ilja likes this.

So, they recast Lucas as a 35 year old man?
    ilja likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    So, they recast Lucas as a 35 year old man?
    Hey why not...the made Scotty Baldwin Franco's father. This show is starting to take a weird direction. Not sure I like it.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Hey why not...the made Scotty Baldwin Franco's father. This show is starting to take a weird direction. Not sure I like it.
    I've looked up the ages of many of the actors/actresses, and it's enough to drive you crazy.
    If you go by the actors/actress's age, there are men fathering children at 9 with a woman who's waaaaay older, women giving birth at 10, brothers & sisters younger than their siblings who were born when they were teens. And of course the whole Franco/Jason supposedly being born on the same day, but well over 10 years apart. Then the women who, if judging by the age of their oldest child, give birth to their youngest well in their 60's when the actress is only in her 40's.

For example: The actor who plays Julian Jerome is 10 years younger than the actress who plays Alexis, who had Sam in her teens. He's also only 8 years older than the actress who plays Samantha, his daughter.

I've found that sometimes you have to just ignore reality & just watch the show. Let the writers play fast & loose with the facts & ages. If not you'll go crazy & end up locked up with Heather.
    Katydyd and ilja like this.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Which means running around free in Port Chuck.
    Katydyd and ilja like this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    And why on earth are the guards at the institution helping Heather? For sex? As far as I know she doesn't have any money to speak of, and yet she can always buy a new trench coat, wig, etc,., when she needs it. Maybe from the sale of her BLT painting?

Patrick's baby is going to need a bone marrow donation or something...it will all come out. OR it will turn out that Carlos was NOT such a good guy and did take advantage of Sabrina's drunkenness, comatose state and raped her. But that means this has to stay undercover for at least another 6 months...May sweeps? So they need to find another story for Robin to fill the time or what's the point of having her back. Maybe a fight to be Chief of Staff?

Britt's baby reveal is, I assume, being saved for Feb. sweeps. They can't leave the baby with her much longer...pretty traumatic to switch moms when he gets much older, even if he "can't remember it". Connie/Georgie was only a few days old, but Ben has been around for a couple of months now.
    Oh my goodness! You had me literally laughing out loud!
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as an idol?

I have so much disrespect for the Port Chuck police. First they don't notice that Heather is on the loose. If they did, all they'd have to do is monitor who buys BLTs at that restaurant.
    PWS likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Am I the only one who is driven crazy by Sabrina's spanish accent only appearing when she says Carlos? Aaaaaaaggggggghhhhh!!!!

Mind you, my mother's voice used to change by whom she was talking to on the phone but that was funny because we could try and guess who was on the other end of the line. But Sabrina's Carlos accent makes me pull my hair out!
    elleprn likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as an idol?

It drives me crazy too, especially since she doesn't really have an accent. Carlos has more of an accent, but the way he says "Sabrina" makes me crazy.

Years ago, SNL did a sketch making fun of how news anchors do that - totally unaccented English until they say a Spanish or Mexican word or name.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think it's actually realistic for people who are really bilingual, like Sabrina. When she first knew Carlos I'm sure they would have spoken Spanish to each other, so she would always have pronounced Carlos in the Spanish way, so that's just his name to her, not the American Carlos (ditto for Carlos saying Sabrina). But I agree, it's very noticeable, since her English is otherwise accentless, so you are expecting her to say Carlos the way Ava does.
    I would guess that is true for news anchors saying a Spanish word, although when they say the name of someone they don't know, whose name is not all that common in Spanish and give it the real Spanish twist, even if the person is an American (e.g., the Supreme Court Justice), I admit I do think they are showing off their bilingualness a bit. On the other hand they could just be saying it, politely, the way she does, since they can. Since I was a high school student in Karachi (way way back in the day), it drives me crazy how badly the names of some of the Pakistani towns and provinces are pronounced even on shows like CNN. Ditto for those in India and Afghanistan that we heard a lot. Not asking them to get all the vowel sounds, gutterals, etc., but at least know which syllable gets the accent!

+ Reply to Thread