+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree855Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

So, I take it that no one remembered or perhaps no one even listened to the song I linked? All you long time fans of the show should check it out.
    ilja likes this.

I didn't watch it when you posted it because I didn't start watching until 1986 when I became a stay-at-home mom, but I'm glad you mentioned it again!!! I watched it and, though I didn't recognize a lot of characters, I was fascinated by the VERY YOUNG!!! ones I did recognize... Luke & Laura, Scott & Heather, Monica and Alan when he still looked like Prince Charming from Cinderella, and lots of footage of Bobbie before her devastating plastic surgery debacle. Thanks!
    ilja likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I was watching GH at the time, but apparently not listening to pop music..lol. I did't remember it. Thanks for sharing, though. Loved the video.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

If Robin leaves I wonder if Emma will go with her... That little girl is a great actress for such a young child--she seems very "real", although I wish they'd stop giving her some of those cutesy poo lines.... I especially liked her in her scenes with Britt back when Britt was trying to win Patrick. And of course she did a great job with the church reunion scene.
    Robin/Kimberly was an excellent child actress as well.
    ilja likes this.

This girls name is Courtney Brown. She is one of the reporters on our local ABC station. Is she the long lost twin of Robin or what?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    So, I take it that no one remembered or perhaps no one even listened to the song I linked? All you long time fans of the show should check it out.
    I have it on 45. The name of the song is actually "General Hospi-tale," IIRC and the band was The Afternoon Delights. I watched GH back then. I may or may not still know all the words to that song by heart
    ilja likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I watched it but I don't remember it at all but then I was a new mom at the time so I was probably sleep deprived. It was nice seeing Shell Keppner in that video. Heather was always a whack job wasn't she....sheesh! Bobbie looked better 30 years ago than she does now.

I can't believe Soapnet went off the air. Someone fill me in on what happened. I missed it!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Patrick and Sabrina renewed their vows with Emma officiating, while Sabrina and Felix battled it out about respecting Sabrina's wish to not tell Patrick she's pregnant. We all know how long Felix will keep his word on that! Carlos is still sleeping.
    Maxie meets her new sub-letting tenant - one hella hunk who tries to talk her into staying with him. He looked at a photograph once she left that I didn't catch. It looked like two blonde women - did anyone see who it was? Anyone we know?
    Dante and Lulu upset about not being able to be parents. Dante suggested using his sperm with a donor egg and Lulu flipped out. He pointed out how much they had loved Connie and she wasn't theirs. She still can't get over him not lying for her on the witness stand and left him/their relationship (on New Years Eve) with nowhere to go.
    Silas and Sam's flower blossomed/flames flickered and roared...
    New hunk calls Silas who doesn't answer and flashes his badge saying Silas can't run forever.
    Count your blessings!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I can't believe Soapnet went off the air. Someone fill me in on what happened. I missed it!
    Yep, Soapnet is off the air. I LOVED watching GH (and Days of Our Lives) on Soapnet. No annoying interruptions for local tv weather reports, political press conferences, announcements, etc. My understanding is that Soapnet was owned by Disney, and Disney decided to delete it and replace it with another much needed (NOT) Disney Jr. channel.

And while I'm totally off-topic (sorry mods, I'll be quick), another one of my favorite channels, The Style Network, has also now been deleted and replaced by the Esquire Channel. Many of their good shows have found homes on other channels (like Bill and Giulianna Rancic are now going to be on E, and Tia and Tamara will be on Oxygen) but one of my faves, Jerseylicious, apparently hasn't been picked up by any network. Anyone know anything about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I have it on 45. The name of the song is actually "General Hospi-tale," IIRC and the band was The Afternoon Delights. I watched GH back then. I may or may not still know all the words to that song by heart
    That is all true. The group was a 1 Hit Wonder & they got their name after the hit single from the group Starland Vocal Band. They were basically an all female vocal studio group from Boston.

+ Reply to Thread