+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree978Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

And did you notice that pure D evil look on this face? Talk about the stuff of nightmares.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah....he did seem more than a bit demented during the killing...I wouldn't want to be Carly if I ever crossed him...

On the cover up side, why not just say he interrupted Heather trying to kill Carly and killed her in the struggle...given Heather's past not hard to believe. Now with this clumsy cover up...his bloody finger prints on everything, missing sheet from his bed, caught in the act by Diane...

I'm really really hoping it was a dream... or that Heather is not dead and forgives him and doesn't report it...that would give her some leverage over him re Carly. Heather's the unsinkable Molly Brown---can't be caged, can't be killed (even by jumping off the roof of a hospital!). It's hard to believe they'd give up such golden writing possibilities as Heather and Franco mom and son routines--they have been great together even before that reveal.
    And I agree, this really kills rooting for Carly/Franco---Carly needs someone who's reformed, not someone who still kills but feels bad about it.
    Please let it be a dream...

Also agree that Robin needs to let Patrick make his own decision. Then she can decide if it took him too long. Maybe they need to do a whole courtship thing again....
    Hard to believe they are going to kill handsome Carlo off at this point--still a lot of story to play out with him and Sabrina....but if they do will Patrick wind up being blamed somehow? Will his DNA/fingerprints be found on Carlo thanks to the punch?

A lot of good questions/comments in the posts above. No wonder viewership is way up. they have us hooked!
    I'm going to have to disagree with most of you, though. I applaud Robin for going directly to Sabrina. She's telling her the honest truth from her perspective, thanking her for helping Emma, owning up to the tape she made urging Patrick to move on, but in reality, they're still married and she is Emma's mom. Sabrina can choose to agree to her request or not, but Robin is right that Patrick is stuck and it WOULD be the right thing for Sabrina to do - to back down from the whole thing. I get that she's hurt, in love, etc. but Robin is alive and she's Patrick's wife. Boo hoo.
    As for Todd - I thought it was a little too easy that his tumor was removed and then suddenly he's a little wimp with no artistic ability. I hope this new turn at least means he can make art again.
    PA Snow Bunny and ilja like this.
    Count your blessings!

I keep thinking of how Maxie encouraged Robin not to give up and how the light seemed to come on in Robin's eyes at that point. I consider it a bold move that Robin is going directly to her competitor and telling her like it is, that indeed Robin IS Patrick's wife.

And yet, there is this side of me that would not want to be chosen by Patrick by default as in, I was the only one left. Of course that's my pride speaking up which may be part of why I am now single in real life and not just on the boards.

I do admire Robin even if I don't like her with Patrick still. I just find him way too wimpy. I think Robin needs someone who is strong with a pair.

As for Heather, there is no way I want her dead. What are they planning, turning this into an episode of the Walking Dead?

I agree with Gutmutter. I see no problem with Robin going to Sabrina and asking her to step aside. Like it or not, Robin is still legally Partick's wife. He would have to actually divorce Robin to marry Sabrina. That can take 2 years if Robin decides to fight it. Sabrina realy does need to back away otherwise she is never going to have the "complete" Patrick because he is still in love with Robin. He did say I am in love with Robin but he also loves Sabrina. BIG DIFFERENCE!

I can not believe Franco killed Heather!!! OMG I never saw that coming! GH writers/producers...your are KILLING me here! I don't want to lose RH again! I am still hoping it was a dream.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I completely understand why Robin did what she did, and probably in her place I'd do the same thing. But, since I'm not in her place I can look at things a little more objectively It really is Patrick's choice to make. Robin's excuse of "it's Patrick we're talking about".. sure doesn't give him much credit for being able to make an adult - albeit difficult - decision. I'm not sure exactly how the legalities would be handled in real life, but Robin should have been declared legally dead - they found a body. Until she is legally declared alive again (and IRL that is actually a process), she's not his wife and Patrick is still a widow....although I suppose the writers can play with the technicalities of it however they choose. If Robin hadn't been presumed dead for the last two years, this obviously wouldn't be an issue. But neither Patrick nor Sabrina did anything wrong by falling in love, and Sabrina deserves the same consideration as Robin (IMO). It's not as though Patrick had an affair and should simply choose his wife and family because it's the right thing to do. Robin asking Sabrina to step aside because she's his "wife" doesn't really do anyone any favors. If Patrick would otherwise have chosen Sabrina, that doesn't bode well for Robin and Patrick's future. In that case, Robin deserves the chance to move on and find someone who loves her 100%. And I agree with Ilja - I would think if Sabrina makes the choice for Patrick, there would always be a tiny piece of Robin that wonders whether Patrick really wanted to be with her, or was instead thinking about the love he lost I wonder about Emma, too. No one has really addressed her relationship with Sabrina. Of course her Mommy is alive and she is beyond thrilled - best news ever for her!! But she's so young that Sabrina was an important part of her life for a big chunk of it! I would think she'll start to miss her and want to see her soon....

And finally - my fingers are also crossed for Franco waking up from a nightmare today! I don't think he's turned into a wimp at all...and I was looking forward to watching him fight his demons internally, not literally stabbing them to death with a kitchen knife RH is way too good of an actor to waste by writing him into a corner like this. Like I said, I've stood behind Carlivati & Co with all their decisions so far - even the ones I wasn't thrilled with at first. I just hope whatever they have planned keeps RH a tortured anti-hero trying to be a better man, and not an insane killer. Nothing could make me stop watching GH at this point...but it won't be nearly as fun if RH is a 100% irredeemable villain!
    Last edited by Katydyd; 12-10-2013 at 02:40 PM.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I called it! In deference to the West Coast I won't say which of my predictions came true, but I want the points after we can discuss it!

Once it airs on the East coast we don't consider it a spoiler. You can discuss it all you want
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Somebody please discuss....I have at least another 2 hours before I make it home! I want to be spoiled
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Does anyone remember the next to the last scene of the original Carrie?

+ Reply to Thread