+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree940Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Oh my gosh....thanks PWS! I can't believe I completely forgot Juan was Lily's son! I think SOD may have made a couple of oopsies though.....Lily's dad was Hector, not Hernando and Lily was a Rivera. Also...I'm pretty sure Alison was only ever on Port Charles....but my memory could be off on that....does anyone else remember for sure? I think I remember Emily and Juan dated back when Emily was played by Amber Tamblyn, so yup, he was around with the teens then...including his future wife as Elizabeth And I agree. No way Shawn is right and Carlos has no connection to Lily. They don't bring on a mobster named Rivera and not have him be a "Rivera" !!
    ilja likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, even as I was typing/copying that paragraph from SOD I thought, wait, didn't Sonny just say Lily was a Rivera??
    What SOD said about Allison was that Juan fooled around with her a bit and got caught by Em, but that Emily was his love. She didn't forgive him (and I think moved on) before he left town, according to SOD, but he left her with words to the effect that he still loved her.

For those that catch the show on Soap Net, the channel goes off the air on 12/31. Better make other plans

Soapnet disappeared from my channel lineup at least a year ago.....right before they started airing Veronica Mars With only four soaps on the air (and were B&B and Y&R even on Soapnet?), it was only a matter of time. I'm surprised it took this long. It was great when there were a bunch of soaps on the air, but there are only so many reruns of 90210 viewers are willing to watch.

It's almost ridiculous how much I enjoy Carly and Franco together. Laura Wright and Roger Howarth have such great chemistry. If they couldn't have him playing Todd, I'm glad they figured out a way to have him on the show and paired with her.
    Katydyd and ilja like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It's almost ridiculous how much I enjoy Carly and Franco together. Laura Wright and Roger Howarth have such great chemistry. If they couldn't have him playing Todd, I'm glad they figured out a way to have him on the show and paired with her.

They really are great together. I'm still disappointed that he was brought back as Franco, but I'm putting my distaste for the character behind me & trying to accept him as "reformed". I hope they get some good storylines for him.
    Roger just makes me smile.
    Katydyd and ilja like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post

They really are great together. I'm still disappointed that he was brought back as Franco, but I'm putting my distaste for the character behind me & trying to accept him as "reformed". I hope they get some good storylines for him.
    Roger just makes me smile.
    I've always loved him, even when Todd was at his worst. I remember reading an interview with him right after he got married and he was talking about his wife. He said that every time he looked at her, he got that feeling you get right before you smile. That feeling of bubbling up with joy. I thought that was the sweetest thing.

This is pretty great news: General Hospital Brings In a Six-Year High Of 3.3 Million Viewers! On Track For Its Best Season in Seven Years! | Michael Fairman On-Air On-Soaps | Daytime Soap Interviews, News, Updates and Previews, Video and Audio Interviews

ETA: Oh, and a nice interview with Jason Thompson about Robin's return, among other things: The Jason Thompson Interview – General Hospital | Michael Fairman On-Air On-Soaps | Daytime Soap Interviews, News, Updates and Previews, Video and Audio Interviews
    Last edited by Critical; 12-07-2013 at 10:15 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Soapnet disappeared from my channel lineup at least a year ago.....right before they started airing Veronica Mars With only four soaps on the air (and were B&B and Y&R even on Soapnet?), it was only a matter of time. I'm surprised it took this long. It was great when there were a bunch of soaps on the air, but there are only so many reruns of 90210 viewers are willing to watch.

If you go back in this thread, it was well over a year ago & maybe as many as two years, that I reported that Disney would be shutting down Soapnet & giving us yet another channel for kids programming. They already have about 103,000 of those, so I don't know if we need another. But, I have heard nothing lately about what the channel will become. It may just go dark & stay there.

I can remember there used to be a channel called FNN (Financial News Network) that was taken over by CNBC. I watched the final night of FNN just to see what would happen. Just before the stroke of midnight, they showed all of the production crew in the studio, they were all partying/crying & then at the stroke of midnight, someone flipped the switch & FNN was no more.

Caught up with Friday's show last night. Did Patrick really ask Sabrina to go home with him...the same question he asked his wife the night before. Dang...at one point I did like Dr Drake now he is a sleeze ball. First you have to break it off with Sabrina. You have a very much alive wife, work that situation out first. You have way too much work to do before even thinking about divorcing Robin, because that is exactly what you have to do, before you can even think about starting over with Sabrina.
    Never been a fan of Sabrina but she needs to move on. Never liked her & Patrick together.
    Dr Dumdum goes to work the day after his wedding gets called off. I don't know perhaps take the day off & talk to Robin. I am starting to lose faith in this soap just like I did with DOOL. Haven't watched it in months.
    PWS likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I just read the interview with Jason Thompson and am now reading some of the comments. Can someone explain to me what is the Scrubs reunion?
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Robin and Patrick?
    I agree with those who think he needs to tell Sabrina he has to work on things with Robin. Sabrina can wait or not, but he's still married to Robin and she got a raw deal being kidnapped away from her husband and child. She's home now - hallelujah! Now everyone needs to step back and figure things out without ultimatums.
    I do think Robin was in the wrong, though, in leaving things until the last possible moment. She should have alerted someone before the wedding began. Yeah, she tried to call Patrick, but what about Mac or Maxie, or someone?
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 12-08-2013 at 01:23 PM.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread