+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree890Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Patrick can't win no matter what he does. He's already hesitated when Robin asked him what he was going to do. She won't forget that. He's not going to continue with Sabrina (all other things being equal) with the implied peer pressure of the entire town celebrating Robin's return. And he does love Robin. No win. Unless Sabrina chooses to leave town, she's going to be there at the hospital every day, pining away. Catching her in a kiss with Carlos with his clothes on and her dress over her arm might make his decision easier. Doing right by Emma will also play a role in his decision. Interesting dilemma. When he asked Robin to come home with him, all I could think of was that Sabrina's been living there and her stuff would be all over the bedroom, bathroom, etc. She made the right decision, although it broke my heart for Patrick when she did.
    Count your blessings!

Patrick might not be able to win either way, but found it odd that he was back at the hospital working after an emotional life-changing event. Certainly wouldn't want my doctor to be working under personal duress but this is soapland. I thought the writers could be more creative with "day-after" activities for Patrick and Emma (going to school when mommy returned from the dead???).
    ilja likes this.

What emotional life changing event? People never stay dead on GH and we know this! So should Patrick.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    Patrick might not be able to win either way, but found it odd that he was back at the hospital working after an emotional life-changing event. Certainly wouldn't want my doctor to be working under personal duress but this is soapland. I thought the writers could be more creative with "day-after" activities for Patrick and Emma (going to school when mommy returned from the dead???).
    At least they explained why Emma wasn't around---making life normal, that Robin wasn't going to leave again. I liked that Anna used the same phrase (shackled to your leg) to describe how SHE felt about being with Robin as she did when talking about Emma.

Gutmutter---I also kept thinking about Sabrina's stuff being all over the house---in fact where could she go after this disaster..."home" to pack up her stuff? Presumably the only clothes other than her wedding dress that she had with her were what she'd planned to change into after the wedding. How awkward would that have been if Robin went back to the house...excuse me while I get my nightie out of your husband's bed....my toothbrush out of your sink... And yeah, Patrick is screwed...if he'd said something about letting Sabrina down that would be one thing, but ... and yeah, catching her kissing Carlos...

Carly got Arnie Becker as a father Excellent.
    PWS likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Was he on today??!! I thought he had died awhile back....

ETA - Carly's dad I mean
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

He died. She was just sharing with Franco.
    Loved the Maxie/Robin reunion.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Some history, courtesy of SOD, that I"d missed, maybe others have as well. Since it sounds as if the Rivera et al. family will be important somehow... Juan (who delivered Sabrina's dress) was the son of Sonny's first wife, Lily Reva (the one who got blown up) by Miguel Morez (played by Ricky Martin, back in the day, a crooner, not, I guess, a mobster like her dad). Dad Hernando forced her to give Juan up for adoption. Sabrina is his cousin only adoptively, not by blood. When Juan was in PC he was involved with Emily Q and Alison Barrington, Rafe's mom, when they were all teens. Both those women are now dead I believe.
    This isn't a spoiler since a devoted watcher would know it all, and I have no idea if it will be important, but since Sonny has mentioned his dead wife a couple of times now I'm guessing there will be some connection to PR someday.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.

Thanks PWS. I always like it when someone explains GH history. I missed so much when I wasn't watching & these writers are honoring a lot of history.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Me, too---there were several years there where I kept up entirely by reading the summaries in SOD, which were so vaguely written they drove me nuts. It was very hard to tell what had happened.

+ Reply to Thread