+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree743Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Click to see Spoiler:
    there are rumors all over that lily is really alive and Carlos riviera is her cousin and Sabrina is her daughter?note the dress Felix altered and lily wedding dress. The fact that she knows Juan is interesting also. This would mean that clink/boom lily did not die? Anyone else see these rumors?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I wouldn't have been too eager to join my hubby in the marriage bed either if it took him that long to come and greet me upon my return from the dead. I would have been jumping for joy and running into his arms if the love of my life returned from the dead. That is assuming I wasn't thinking he was a ghost or a zombie.

Of course, I would not have waited until after the "I do's" to announce my arrival, either.
    Yep Yep my exact feelings! Sorry but Partick will have some major groveling until I would come home including replacing the bedroom furniture. Partick you can't have them both..duh!

I have never had any warm fuzzy feelings for Sabrina at all. I always thought Partick/Sabrina together was just plain gross.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Click to see Spoiler:
    there are rumors all over that lily is really alive and Carlos riviera is her cousin and Sabrina is her daughter?note the dress Felix altered and lily wedding dress. The fact that she knows Juan is interesting also. This would mean that clink/boom lily did not die? Anyone else see these rumors?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Who the heck is Lily? A little history please.

Please don't make me use Wikipedia. My computer is in "issues" mode. It may not be able to go there. As is I have to copy/paste to get spoiler tags. I'm lucky to be posting at all.

(Problem is solving soon. New computer on it's way)
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Unfortunately, there's one major flaw with that rumour:

Click to see Spoiler:
    If Carlos is Lily's cousin and Sabrina is Lily's daughter? Ewww! But Lily somehow being her mother would be really interesting !!! I do think the Rivera's are more involved than just random family member Carlos working for the Jerome's though...

On another note, I'm wondering if Carlos has a bigger role than appears in the Jerome Organization? There were some subtle looks and body language when Julian and Sam met on the docks that got me thinking. Some of the language choice Julian used was interesting too. It would actually make far more sense for the Rivera crime family to have such a huge personal vendetta against Sonny. I mean, sure the Jerome's might want to take over, but the Rivera's would be more apt to make it so personal....I'm starting to wonder if Julian and Carlos aren't actually on equal footing (or maybe Julian is even acting as frontman). I could be totally off base, but the fact that Carlos is a Rivera has to have more importance than just "oh look, a member of the Rivera crime family works for the Jeromes - that's a fun tie in to GH history"
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Scarlett, to answer your question:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Lily was the daughter of Hector Rivera, a Puerto Rican crime boss who was a rival of Sonny's. Lily and Sonny had a relation ship during the whole Sonny/Brenda thing. They eventually married, but Sonny was just about to leave Lily for Brenda when he found out she was pregnant. Sonny told a devasted Brenda he couldn't ever leave Lily now. FYI - He really did love Lily, he just wasn't in love. Anyway, Hector had discovered Sonny was going to leave Lily (but Hector didn't know about the baby) so he rigged a car bomb to go off. Unfortunately, in the famous "Clink/Boom" episode, just as Jax and Brenda toasted their wedding on a yacht, a pregnant Lily started the car and was blown to bits by the bomb her father had rigged to kill Sonny.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Scarlett, to answer your question:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Lily was the daughter of Hector Rivera, a Puerto Rican crime boss who was a rival of Sonny's. Lily and Sonny had a relation ship during the whole Sonny/Brenda thing. They eventually married, but Sonny was just about to leave Lily for Brenda when he found out she was pregnant. Sonny told a devasted Brenda he couldn't ever leave Lily now. FYI - He really did love Lily, he just wasn't in love. Anyway, Hector had discovered Sonny was going to leave Lily (but Hector didn't know about the baby) so he rigged a car bomb to go off. Unfortunately, in the famous "Clink/Boom" episode, just as Jax and Brenda toasted their wedding on a yacht, a pregnant Lily started the car and was blown to bits by the bomb her father had rigged to kill Sonny.
    Thank You!
    Could this mean that:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sonny could be Sabrina's father? That man has already had children with most of the women in PC. You'd have to have a professional background check done on anyone you wanted to date if you lived there.
    ilja likes this.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Click to see Spoiler:
    the dress is just like Lilly's only Felix altered the sleeves and the top some
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, I cut Patrick some slack for the delay in running down the aisle. Unlike his daughter who just thought Robin was visiting from heaven, Patrick had to actually process that she was alive and not some hallucination. It wasn't like he was looking at Sabrina and saying, gosh, what do I do now. He was just standing there with his mouth hanging open (not a good look!). And then when he realized she was really there he kissed her several times. No thought of Sabrina at all until Emma brought her up.
    I thought Carlos redeemed himself a bit today---not having slept with Sabrina (assuming he's telling the truth), admitting he'd been a jealous jerk. And he was pretty realistic I'd think about what's going to happen---although I'm sure Patrick will fumble around for a while--maybe by then both women will be thoroughly irked with him. Of course if Carlos DID sleep with her and then she's pregnant, whose baby is it? Another paternity story.
    On that thread we are apparently finally getting some closure on another story soon
    Click to see Spoiler:
    just read that Dante convinces Lulu to think about surrogacy again, and apropos that to check that their remaining two embryos are still viable---so if one is missing we know where it went...
    There's also a spoiler out there that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Ellie gets a job offer far away and Spinelli considers going with her... not sure how this gets the pregnant Maxie off screen--maybe she goes for a stint with a shrink--I don't know how many more bundles of flowers she can carry around

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Well, let's look at this whole thing from Patricks' angle. He should have been spending his wedding night getting frisky with his new wife, but NOOOOO, the old wife showed up & ruined that. But that opened the old getting reacquainted night of debauchery, but NOOOOO, she decided to go home with her Mother instead (Say What). Talk about your loss of a night of bliss, he gets the double dose.
    So, Patrick spent two years thinking the love of his life was dead and on the day he is about to marry someone else (someone he loves, btw), Robin shows up and you think Patrick is upset because he wasn't going to get laid that night? That he's bummed that his now miraculously alive wife c-blocked him? And then Robin wouldn't sleep with him either and that's why he's upset? I don't think that's really an accurate read of the events.

I didn't even pick up on the fact that Carlos' last name is Rivera. We know there are no coincidences in soap land. I'll be shocked if he isn't related to Lily. Heck, if someone showed up in PC with the last name Smith, they'd turn out to be related to Frank Smith
    Katydyd and ilja like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Critical, I was joking for cryin out loud,

+ Reply to Thread