+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I have never like perfect little Robin. It sucks that Sabrina did nothing to anyone and she gets dumped at the end if the ceremony. Robin could have stopped this without this girl being embarrassed in the process at the end. The whole church so in awe in Robin being alive not one person cared about what this was doing to Sabrina. The annoyance of having Robin back on the show trumps anything that Sabrina could ever do.

I can see a lot of fast forwarding in my future. I can not suffer all the giddiness over mousy robins return to the fold.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

On the other hand. I love Robin. I feel like I really know her because I've watched her grow up on General Hospital. I'm quite proud of how well she turned out (yes I know I'm talking about a television character but hey, this is escapism TV) considering that her mother and father were too busy with their jobs to be around that much when she was growing up. I just wanted to run to her and hug her myself when she showed up at the Church.

I do believe that she and Patrick are going to split up since the actress is only there temporarily.

My baby sister and I have talked about how we wish real life were like the soaps when it comes to our loved ones being gone and how much we would love for them to return from the dead.

Of course, the next thought that comes to my crazy head is Stephen King's "Pet Sematary" which makes me dismiss the first thought.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Sorry but "Mommy's here" beats Sabrina any day of the year!
    That may be the case, but it was still a gut wrenching moment for Sabrina & you have to feel for her just a bit don't you?

I have to admit - as touching as the Robin/Patrick reunion was, I didn't actually shed a tear until Sabrina broke down sobbing and sunk to the floor. Again, I might be biased because I'm not a huge R/P fan, but you can't help but feel bad for Sabrina. Right to the end she was kind and compassionate...and I completely understood where she was coming from. Poor Sabrina didn't even feel like she could be deservedly heartbroken over the circumstances because it was such a happy time for everyone else Robin was beloved by so many and the chapel was filled with friends and family thrilled she is back...not the least of which were Emma and Patrick.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    That may be the case, but it was still a gut wrenching moment for Sabrina & you have to feel for her just a bit don't you?

I feel sorry for her because she really is innocent in all if this. Usually when the dead spouse returns to stop a w wedding the new spouse to be has been underhanded and manipulative and guilty of something like Britt. Everyone just seemed to forget the woman was in the room at all. Kind of cold behavior for friends invited to your wedding.

I am not a Sabrina fan. I don't even like her with Patrick. I still can feel for how messed up that was. I really see no chem with Patrick and any woman on this show. Hopefully Sabrina will find someone who really does love her.
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Nope, never liked Sabrina. She knew full well, no matter what Patrick said, he was still in love with Robin yet she pushed for a quickie wedding. I take Brit over Sabrina.
    Oh don't get me wrong Robin should have stepped forward right away. If Emma hadn't spotted her was she going to just walk away from her family??? Hey men can come & go but your child...NO WAY!
    Going to work out that Sabrina is pregnant & Jerry Jaks kidnaps Robin AGAIN! This happens I stop watching GH again.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

The "Robin Lives" story is drawing me back into GH. Trying to figure out how this will turn out, it's never uncomplicated when a person returns from the dead. I'm going to agree that Sabrina will end up pregnant although GH seems to have too many babies out there right now so another pregnancy is boring. That little Emma is adorable!
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I really see no chem with Patrick and any woman on this show.
    Oh thank goodness, I thought I was the only one This is exactly why I could never get fully behind Patrick/Robin - no chemistry! He's cute, and I like the character, but other than early on with Sabrina I haven't seen him really "spark" with anyone. I think he has the most "chemistry" if you want to call it that, with Emma. And I obviously don't mean that in any other way than there seems to be a genuine fondness between the two that translates to the screen. Maybe when he is supposed to be in love he tries too hard and that throws the chemistry off? I mean, I thought there was chemistry all over the place when he didn't yet realize that he had feelings for Sabrina....
    MsDiva2007 and ilja like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Yes they need to find someone who has chemistry with Patrick and hire them quick!
    ilja likes this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Apparently he really is fond of the actress who plays Emma and vice versa--beyond the nice things any actor has to say about a child costar (according to SOD). Maybe he's just not a very good actor!
    I wasn't watching GH when Patrick and Robin got together (and when, apparently, he cheated on her)--the only relationship I saw Robin in was with Stone (now there was chemistry and tragedy--AND a great message story). Admitedly the doctor/doctor pairing is socially appropriate and Dr. Drake is cute, in what for me is now a too boyish kind of way, but the relationship just doesn't spark for me either. "Patrick" did a great job of grieving for Robin and portraying his love then... somehow less so when she's actually around.
    Short of being kidnapped again, or killed "for real", or having to go to some super treatment center for her AIDS, I don't see how Robin can leave without taking Emma with her. And that means she leaves her job, her mom, and takes Emma away from her dad. So if, as rumors indicate, the actress is not here for the long haul, I foresee some disaster looming---just as Patrick and Robin settle down again, and Anna is sure they are safe as Faison is gone. Someohow don't think Sabrina will be so quick to take him back after that...
    Sabrina really is being "good" about this .... and sensible, as much as one can be. Right up until running into Carlos' arms....

PS and I admit I like Robin so much partly because I watched her as a child. That's one thing soaps have going for them when they use actresses and actors who grow up in real time.
    Last edited by PWS; 12-04-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    Katydyd likes this.

+ Reply to Thread