+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree941Likes

Thread: General Hospital

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Am I the only one that was cracking up at the way Franco (Todd really) jumped in the lake to save Michael? Did you not notice him holding his nose and jumping in feet first like us wimpy non-divers do at the pool? Talk about an anti-heroic pose! I liked to died with laughter.

And I love that Heather is his mom. Talk about two actors playing well off of each other. They are my favorite couple.
    Kiki jumped in feet first as well, removing her expensive shoes first and after wasting time running around shouting for help. I'm betting the water is only about 4 feet deep...they couldn't have anyone dive into it.
    Jaceegirl--what's making it so hard for us RH fans to adjust to is that "Franco" and "Kiki" played Todd and his daughter Starr on OLTL for years...she grew up there, just as Robin did on GH, and then they transferred in character to GH and hit it off with Carly and Michael respectively, and now thanks to the stupid contractual dispute they are back playing different people but involved with the same people.... If the dispute ever gets resolved the actress could play Michael's old girlfriend and his new one, switching wigs, and have him have to choose... A lot of OLTL fans followed Todd and assorted family members to GH (plus a lot already watched GH I'm sure), so it's been particularly hard for them/us. Also post tumor Franco has some charactoristics in common with Todd...bad boy who means to do well but keeps screwing it up.
    It is nice to see RH without Todd's scar though. And since the actor didn't go through all the Franco killings etc. I don't think he feels quite so strongly about redeeming the character---reportedly he was not happy when Todd, a rapist, got reformed and they seemed to be wiping out his history, which is one reason the Todd character turned out to be so good, and so tormented in the end.
    I'm wondering if Carlos is going to be the one to interrupt the wedding and not actually Robin---he'll suddenly realize where he saw her before and do the "objection", and no one will believe him but Patrick and Emma might have doubts and that will mess up the honeymoon even if the wedding goes through...
    Can't wait to see what Felix comes up with in the way of a wedding dress Sabrina's mom might have worn in PR. I'm sure we will get to the actual wedding. Have to say I like quite a few of the dresses Sabrina tried on. Poor Robin listening to Patrick smooch away with Sabrina...that marriage is going to have a few rocks in it if she stays around, even if she understands intellectually what happened.
    Last edited by PWS; 11-17-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Wow PWS thank you for the history lesson - it's a lot more complicated then I thought. I never watched OLTL or GH before - I always watched CBS soaps, and watched Y&R, B&B, ATWT and GH. I first knew RH as Paul Ryan on ATWT. Laura Wright (Carly) from GH was on GL as (Cassie). Maura West (Ava Jerome) used to be on ATWT as (Carly). Marcy Rylan the present LuLu was (Abby) on Y&R. William deVry (Derek Wells aka Julian Jerome) used to be Storm on B&B. For me it's like old home week because they are the same actors, but completely different roles. I became fed up with B&B and ATWT and GL were cancelled quite awhile ago so I decided to start watching DOOL and GH on a friend's advice and like them both.

For you long time watchers I can't imagine how hard it is to watch the same soap and have the same actors come over from another soap in character and because of the dispute come back yet again as different people.

I agree with you about the wedding dresses - they were gorgeous and I think you are on the right track about Carlos possibly interrupting the wedding or telling Sabrina or Patrick before the wedding - although thinking about it, I'm sure they will go for the drama and he will interrupt the wedding.
    PWS likes this.

I want to know what store let them bring a dozen dresses home to try on.
    In the original cliff-hanger at the end of the episode where Michael fell in the water, Kiki jumped right in with an awkward splayed-leg jump. At the beginning of the next episode she ran around like a chicken with her head cut off. Not the same scene at all. I hate it when they do that.
    I don't think they could bring Starr back to vie with Kiki (same with Todd/Franco or Slias) because everyone pretended like they didn't look exactly alike. Sort of silly, but then a lot of things are in Soapland and we choose to suspend disbelief for the sake of the story.
    I can't wait to find out how Dante answers the question left hanging in the air about whether Lulu had wanted to run away with Connie. If he's true to character, he will tell the truth and that would cause a rift in the marriage. Did Dante not know about Lulu's previous abortion? That is a pretty big bomb as well. I don't like the new prune-faced Lulu. I'd be fine with them breaking up. Dante would make a good rebound match for Sabrina.
    PWS likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I want to know what store let them bring a dozen dresses home to try on.
    In the original cliff-hanger at the end of the episode where Michael fell in the water, Kiki jumped right in with an awkward splayed-leg jump. At the beginning of the next episode she ran around like a chicken with her head cut off. Not the same scene at all. I hate it when they do that.
    I don't think they could bring Starr back to vie with Kiki (same with Todd/Franco or Slias) because everyone pretended like they didn't look exactly alike. Sort of silly, but then a lot of things are in Soapland and we choose to suspend disbelief for the sake of the story.
    I can't wait to find out how Dante answers the question left hanging in the air about whether Lulu had wanted to run away with Connie. If he's true to character, he will tell the truth and that would cause a rift in the marriage. Did Dante not know about Lulu's previous abortion? That is a pretty big bomb as well. I don't like the new prune-faced Lulu. I'd be fine with them breaking up. Dante would make a good rebound match for Sabrina.
    I think you missed a scene or two. At the beginning of the next episode, Franco and Carly pulled her out of the water. Then Franco jumped in.

Yeah, I don't care if this Lulu and Dante stay together. Without Julie Marie Berman, it's not Lulu. I don't care what happens to her.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I know she jumped in eventually, but the day before, she jumped in immediately.
    Count your blessings!

I know I'm the only one that really likes the new Lulu. Of course it probably helps that I was really away from the show for the years that the old Lulu was on it. I wasn't watching it that regularly during those years.

Which may also be why I'm not that crazy about Patrick. What I really remember about Patrick was when he was cheating on Robin. He has never endeared me to him since then and I never found him and Robin compatable. Which may be part of what is influencing me that he and Robin will not be getting back together and there is no way they are going to make Emma suffer through losing her mother again. I still believe that she will not see her (that she realizes) except for maybe in a dream that seems real with Robin telling her that it's okay to love Sabrina.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I kind of like nu Lulu. This whole baby feud is tough though. I agree that Spinelli will probably end up with the kid & nu Lulu & Dante will be on the outs

I like the new Lulu as well, but I guess it's easier for me since I knew her from two other soaps. She first was on GL and then after that was cancelled she came to Y&R so I am familiar with her in two different roles. Now seeing her on GH and never seeing the other actress who played Lulu I have nothing to compare.

I didn't know Patrick cheated on Robin ilja. You would never know it now by the way he acted when he thought she had called him on the phone. His actions seemed to me to be that of a very devoted, loving husband, but that is all I have been shown since I started watching. I agree if Robin is not staying on the show it would be cruel to have Emma see her. I'm not sure if she is or not.

Gunmutter I would like to know what store let them bring home 10 dresses as well. I would guess the very wealthy would get something like that if they asked, but to give them to Felix? Only in soap land. I expect Dante to tell the truth on the stand as well.

Wait, did I miss the part where Patrick cheated on Robin? He was kind of a lothario when he first came on the show, but he reformed when he and Robin got together. I don't remember him cheating on her after they were together.

Julie Marie Berman played Lulu for a LONG time - about 8 years - so you must have been away from the show for a while!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Patrick cheated with Lisa Niles Critical....I can understand if you put that entire story line out of your mind

I don't mind the new Lulu. I think what is unfortunate for the actress is the story line since she's been on has been less than flattering for the character. We didn't really get to see NuLulu in enough positive scenes to really care. She started out disconnected from everyone who loved her from the beginning, and now she's blasting her supposed bff over custody of a baby that isn't hers. I can't see JMB playing Lulu in the custody battle and having much sympathy for her either. Well, maybe I'd be more sympathetic, but I wouldn't like what she was doing no matter who was playing her!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread