+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree855Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I looked up the ages of the actors again right after this latest revelation. "Heather" would have had to have been 12 when she gave birth to "Franco". That means getting pregnant at 11. "Scotty" a few years older, but not much. I believe he would have been 15 when "Franco" was born.

Even if physically possible, & in Heather's case it's a big stretch, it just doesn't fit with GH history.
    The possiblility of them having a child together would have made him at least 10 years younger.

The writers are grasping where there aren't any straws.
    Well it seems to me that Franco can't be any older than Steven Lars. Heather may have just been a promiscuous young girl.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Well it seems to me that Franco can't be any older than Steven Lars. Heather may have just been a promiscuous young girl.
    The actor who last played Steven Lars was actually a year or two older than Roger, making "Heather" 10 when he was born. Now even with adding/subtracting years from both, this whole thing just doesn't fit in with GH history.
    Heather was definitely a grown adult over 20 before having Steven Lars, & was quite a few years older before Scotty even came in to the picture, which was after Jason was born. I learned this mostly through Wikipedia

The writers really need to honor GH history. This is just taking too many liberties.

By the way, does anyone else find it amusing that the hospital for the crazy people is called Miscavige? I laugh every time it's mentioned.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Really, it's a SOAP OPERA. They never adhere to reality, so why start now? Technically, Robin is at least 4 years older than Jason. Morgan should only be 10, Michael should only be 16, Molly should be 8 and Kristina should be 11. On soaps, NONE of the actual math matters. Soap writers don't find young kids all that exciting to write, hence all the SORAS'ed kids on soaps. They're 5 one minute and 18 the next. They've done that for 40+ years. They're not going to stop now.

If you let go of reality, you enjoy the show for what it is.

I don't care if some viewers don't like Carly. I love her and I love her with Franco or Todd or whoever Roger Howath is playing at the moment. He's my favorite leading man for Carly. He's the only one who takes her for who she is and doesn't expect her to change or be something she isn't. Plus, they have great chemistry.

I never liked John McBain, but Silas Clay is growing on me. This might have a little to do with his haircut. Now it looks like he washes it too.

Kiki jumping into the water to save Michael =
    Katydyd and PA Snow Bunny like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thank you Critical!! Soaps have always played fast and loose with age, this is nothing remotely new. And honestly, I'm OK with Franco being the child of Heather and Scotty - at least Heather's obsession with him finally makes sense now. There's potential for interesting story there, and it gives Franco some living parents. I really don't care what they do with RH's character because no matter what they throw at him, he makes it work! And I completely agree, RH is the best match for Laura Wright's Carly bar none. Their chemistry is off the charts!!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Carly has always been a fave of mine. I know she isnt popular but lol I love her to bits!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Soap Operas = Revisionist History. Period. Too bad, cause it spoils things for those of us with a MEMORY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Soap Operas = Revisionist History. Period. Too bad, cause it spoils things for those of us with a MEMORY!!!
    Especially if you have been watching like I have since the 70's
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I love Carly too. I am fine with the writers recalculating age(why can't that happen to me). What I don't like is when it changes an entire storyline. I am so lost on who is/isn't/can be a Quatermin.e If it ends up that Ava is a long lost Quartermine I am OUT.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I'd just love to know how Franco was a match for Danny!? Random match? This is just too recent to play fast and loose with. Could Heather somehow be a Quartermaine?

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Especially if you have been watching like I have since the 70's
    I've been watching GH since somewhere around 78-79. Playing with age has been around forever. I remember the big stuff just fine. But no, my memory isn't good enough to remember if timing wise Heather/Scotty could have happened. But by the same token, I can't remember exactly that it couldn't have happened either. Was she off the canvas at the right time when Jason was born? I don't remember. But just because it hasn't been mentioned before, doesn't mean that back story can't be added. I agree with elleprn though - the part that's difficult to swallow is Franco being a match since he's not related to Danny. But again, since I'm entertained by the story and the characters, I'm willing to go along with it. I went along with Cassadines having a machine that could freeze the world, I'll go along with Franco being the result of a heretofor unknown dalliance between Heather and Scotty I don't watch soaps for a dose of reality. If I wanted that I'd watch Fox News.....jk

As an aside, I read an interview with FV about the whole Franco parentage. It was a recent decision. Part of it was that initially they were like, great, Franco has all these ties to the Q's - but then they realized that most of the Q's are actually dead. Having Franco be the child of Scotty and Heather gives him a chance to have some immediate family ties with people currently on air as well as giving those people more story to play. I'm actually looking forward to Franco having to come to terms with being psycho Heather's son....mostly because I know RH is going to knock it out of the park!!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread