+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree970Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    I love watching Maxie "plumping up" due to her pregnancy in real life. They are shooting her many different angles to disguise her bump.
    Me too. Especially with all the problems Kirsten had with endometriosis a few years ago. I'm so happy for her.

Faison as Beetlejuice was perfect. He didn't even need a wig!

Trick or treaters on Spoon Island? They ride the boat over to the island for ONE HOUSE? Uh-huh.
    PWS and ilja like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, I don't think they'll get any kids other than Spencer, who occasionally lives there.

OK, I know Hallowe'en has become more popular in the rest of the world, but that's pretty recent---certainly not something that Faison and Olbrecht grew up with, so how can it be her favorite holiday? When we lived in England in the mid 80's no one knew what Hallowe'en was---they were all about Guy Fawkes on Nov. 5th, which was more like the 4th of July with bonfires.

In my neighborhood you never see grown ups in costume... certainly get ups like you see on the soaps...unless they are going to a grown up party--but not to trick or treat with their kids.

Somewhere...on a TV show or in a book ... I heard the line... Hallowe'en, when the good girls think it's ok to dress slutty

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Me too. Especially with all the problems Kirsten had with endometriosis a few years ago. I'm so happy for her.

Faison as Beetlejuice was perfect. He didn't even need a wig!

Trick or treaters on Spoon Island? They ride the boat over to the island for ONE HOUSE? Uh-huh.
    Maybe instead of candy bars they give away jet skis or something cool like that.
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Maybe instead of candy bars they give away jet skis or something cool like that.
    But then you have to worry about being kidnapped and held hostage.
    ilja likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

So soapy how they're dragging out the Robin reunion story. Not loving Sabrina in the blonde wig. I'm still wondering if the Flash is writing the storylines where people are in two places micro-seconds apart... Octoberfest Obrecht in the tunnel with Faison and then approaching Duke from behind in full Anna costume.
    Count your blessings!

I think they'll drag out the Robin reunion story for just about as long as it takes to put together a wedding. Then, when the officiate asks if anyone objects.....in runs Robin. Cliche, but it would work for me
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I know...Olbrecht in full Bavarian maiden outfit one moment and complete Anna mask and outfit the next, with every hair in place!

Even though Robin left Patrick that tape I think this would really stress their marriage, seeing him ready for happily ever after with Sabrina.
    By the way, didn't Robin make that tape because she thought she was dying of AIDS, that her meds weren't working, or something? And now she is fine? I must have missed something.

Yes - not sure which time... maybe when one of the evil female doctors switched her AIDs meds with fake ones.
    Count your blessings!

I don't really know where else to put this, so I'll just slam it in here. The real life son of the woman that plays Ava is also an actor. He has been cast as one of the Von Trapp kids in the upcoming Sound Of Music starring Carrie Underwood.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

One of her FIVE kids--- I still can't get over that with her figure....

+ Reply to Thread