+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree953Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I have an idea of how they are going to explain away Robin revealing herself to Patrick and Emma. She is suddenly going to start showing signs of sickness and will be tested only to find out that her HIV has gotten worse thanks to not receiving proper meds while being kidnapped. She will then decide that since she is going to die anyway, and since Patrick and Emma have already gone through losing her once and since they have found someone else who truly loves them both, she does not want to make them suffer through her death all over again and she does not want to interfere with them finding happiness with sweet, kind-hearted Sabrina. In the meantime, while she is sneaking around Port Charles, she will just happen to see this same sweet, kind-hearted Sabrina do something totally unselfish proving how much she loves Patrick and especially Emma.

Thus Robin will ride off into the sunset, having seen her parents who will respect her decision to go off and die in peace. In the meantime, she will really be looking for Jason so that they can both come back one day when the actor who plays Jason realizes he will never have the same success playing anyone else but Jason.
    My gut feeling is that Robin will not quietly ride off into the sunset. I think the show is waiting for November Sweeps for some sort of reveal. I'll bet the one who quietly steps out of the picture is Sabrina. It fits her almost-too-giving character.
    Once Patrick/Emma/Robin are reunited, I have no idea how the show will handle that, considering apparently the Robin actress doesn't want to come back permanently. Maybe she'll become a part time occasional character. Just guessing, no spoiler. But it puts Patrick, a main character, in a place where his storylines would be limited.

Anyhow, next gut feeling is that Sabrina's ex-boyfriend was brought back for a reason. I don't see them together at all. He just doesn't fit her personality & they have no chemistry whatsoever. I was hoping he'd at least be charming, but nope, not at all. But I'll bet the show gets them back together after whatever goes down with Robin.
    I hope not, but like I said, he's there for a reason.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I can't imagine Spinelli won't get the baby if Maxi/Lulu start flinging dirty laundry in court. Dante and Lulu don't have a leg to stand on if a blood parent wants custody. I could see the baby deepening Spinelli's character in a good way.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I thought that was a VERY smart move by Ellie, to point out to Spinelli that he did not want to be linked to any craziness by Maxie. And frankly, not only for Spinelli but for her (NOT implying Ellie realized this!). If Maxie is totally smeared in court and Spinelli gets the baby Maxie might only have limited visitation with the baby, leaving Ellie to move in as the mom. I was really glad to see that Spinelli felt he still loved Ellie despite having a child with Maxie. Of course as someone who (illegally) learned about Connie early on Ellie might be having her own problems in court, or even jobwise. Of course if she has to take a leave of absence as a punishment just as the baby moves in.... I just hope this doesn't end up with Ellie hating being a mom freeing up Spinelli for Maxie again.

I like ilja's idea about the Robin reveal, although I do tend to agree with Miss Scarlett that TPTB won't want to waste this opportunity for a major blow up during sweeps. Frankly if Patrick winds up with Sabrina his story options are limited again....they are a dully happy couple, other than their Robin issues. So either way Patrick loses his story line unless something is going on at the hosptal. I actually don't think that deep down Sabrina is all that mousy...we've seen flashes of her getting angry (e.g., her behavior with Britt was not all that saintly), so not sure she will ride off into the sunset. But she might go back to Carlos in despair and then wind up getting shot in the Sonny/Julian war....

Boy, when that bug gets discovered Morgan is toast to the rest of the family. It will be obvious that he put it there (well, I guess he could try to say that Ava snuck it in , if Julian and Ava are dead and can't contradict him).

Kimberly McCullough (Robin) is on contract with GH, though it wasn't stated how long.

I agree with the others about Nov. sweeps, and I don't see her going away anytime soon. The Sabrina/Patrick story bores me.

I also found a fun fact. Maura West (Ava Jerome) was married to Jonathan Knight of New Kids on the Block, from 1995-1999, and her oldest child is with him. And I mute the TV and grab my Ipad when she has scenes with Morgan....ewwww, I definitely do not like that story line.

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    I also found a fun fact. Maura West (Ava Jerome) was married to Jonathan Knight of New Kids on the Block, from 1995-1999, and her oldest child is with him. And I mute the TV and grab my Ipad when she has scenes with Morgan....ewwww, I definitely do not like that story line.
    The main reason that surprised me is that Johathan Knight is openly gay. I don't know how long he's been open about it, but he is.
    Not that gay men can't marry women & have children with them. It just surprises me. I wonder if/when she knew.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    The main reason that surprised me is that Johathan Knight is openly gay. I don't know how long he's been open about it, but he is.
    Not that gay men can't marry women & have children with them. It just surprises me. I wonder if/when she knew.
    Now I'm wondering if it's a different Jonathan Knight..It sure wouldn't be the first time the internet had incorrect info...LOL

Definitely a different Jonathan Knight!!!!
    Last edited by crzndeb; 10-30-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Yeah, it's definitely a different Jonathan Knight!

In other news....I still can't muster up any sympathy for Lulu.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

If they wanted us to have sympathy for Lulu, they could have written it a lot differently... given us more up close baby loving, sobbing over the possibility of losing her, etc. She doesn't seem very motherly. I still think the best resolution is to reveal Ben is hers. I'd definitely root for her over the Britch.
    WHERE THE HELL IS LUKE?
    ilja likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I love watching Maxie "plumping up" due to her pregnancy in real life. They are shooting her many different angles to disguise her bump.

I forgot about that! I thought it had to do with the illness she had - steroids or something. How are they going to handle this? Maybe Maxie should kidnap her own baby and disappear for a while.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread