+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree928Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Morgan is supposed to be just 18. There have been several comments to the effect that he is legally a grown up now, if just. Presumably being off at boarding school means he never worked out sme of his parental issues...which is why he seems about 14 half the time, or more than half. Maybe even 8. I think it was even said to be a military school? Whichever, he's certainly no ad for boarding school! About all you can say for him is that at least when he first learned who Derek was his first impulse was to go tell Sonny--he wasn't swayed by Derek's arguments...at least not until he saw Michael and Sonny bonding, and even then, not until he learned that Michael would be working for Sonny.
    You know those articles you see about how the prefrontal cortex isn't fully developed until the 20's? Morgan is like an illustration of that. Impulsive, immature, mood swings...
    Thanks. That explains a lot to me about his behavior, although he still bugs me.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Also, boys mature way later than girls. My son is 25 and he's only come around to mature thinking and actions in the last 3 years or so. Not that he behaved like Morgan!
    I really want to know how Jerry Jax is keeping his hostages fed. We haven't actually seen him lately.
    ilja likes this.
    Count your blessings!

OK, I think I figured it out. Johnny gave his part of ownership in The Haunted Star to Starr Manning, for some reason (I can't remember why). That's why Kiki isn't involved & is looking for work. It gets tricky I guess when the same actor plays two different roles.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ryan's Hope was the first soap I ever watched, the one that lead me into all the other ABC soaps, so I practically squealed "Delia!" when she appeared. Of course I've seen the actress elsewhere, but this was where I first saw her. I liked that they gave a little backstory as to what Delia had been doing since Ryan's Hope went off the air.

I know I should get the reference to Silas looking like her son, but I'm having trouble placing it...anyone?

So Delia's going to be Ava's mother??? Not sure how that fits into the RH timeline...

I really hope they're not going to let this "Maxi is an unfit mother" scenario play out. Where are the adults in their lives? Why hasn't Luke made an entrance? Why isn't Dante's mother having a vision of some sort? Why isn't Dante talking some sense into Lulu? Why is Alexis going along with this? Why aren't Mac and Felicia breathing down Lulu and Dante's necks? I suppose if The Britch's baby is really theirs that could sideline it, but I don't want to see Maxi dragged through the mud. Wouldn't they also have to prove that Spinneli is an unfit father? He could sue for custody.
    ilja likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I may be in the minority, but I'm on Lulu/Dante's side. A surogacy contract should be a permanent unbreakable contract. It's just wrong to tear apart someone who is unable to carry a baby & goes through so much in order to have one, only to say "tough luck, no baby" just because of the flighty whims of the surogate mother. She entered into a contract, knowing full well what was expected of her & fully agreeing to it. To now say "It's mine. I want it." is not just cruel, but should be illegal.
    The same with an adoption contract. The birth mother agreed to this knowing full well what it meant. The only exception should be if the birth mother changes her mind no later than the birth of the baby.
    In surrogacy, no exceptions.

Granted, this is Soapland & the whole pregnancy with Spinelli was either impossible or extremely improbable & was only done for the writers to prop Maxi/Spinelli & get them together. But if Maxi didn't speak up by birth time, it was her own darned fault. She knew all during the pregnancy, & decided that the baby would be Lulu/Dante's. She made her decision. She should be held to it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, in this case it is an adoption, not a surragacy, and adoption law, while it varies a bit from state to state, does give the birth mom and dad a few weeks or months to decide whether they meant it. In most cases they pregant mom is under a lot of pressure from her family situation to give up the child... and she's pregnant...this gives her time to regroup and make a more well reasoned decision. Not to say that I don't agree that Maxi was an idiot, but she was not in a good position to make a well reasoned decision. For example, at one point when she was about to tell Lulu, Lulu had just found out that Luke might likely die---so how could Maxie pick that moment to say, oh and by the way, you are not only losing your dad, you are losing the baby you thought was yours. I'm surprised that isn't being brought up to give Maxie some support, plotwise.

When it comes to a surrogacy of the type they thought they had, their bio baby, courts generally agree the surrogate has no claim on the baby, although there are some states where it is still messy I believe. But in mixed situations...e.g., surrogate's egg, sperm from the dad, the surrogate may have rights over the "adoptive" mom even if she's married to the sperm donor.

I see in the previews that we finally see Ellie again...where has she been during this tough period in Spinelli's life?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I see in the previews that we finally see Ellie again...where has she been during this tough period in Spinelli's life?
    Hanging out with AJ, Monica, Jocelyn, etc. at the I-ain't-been-on-for-a-very-long-time soap hideaway.
    PWS likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

It occurred to me today, watching Kiki drink champagne, that Morgan has always liked "older" women...

I don't see the conflict of Maxi keeping her baby with the surrogacy contract since the contract was in reference to Lulu's and Dante's baby who died, not Maxi's.

I have an idea of how they are going to explain away Robin revealing herself to Patrick and Emma. She is suddenly going to start showing signs of sickness and will be tested only to find out that her HIV has gotten worse thanks to not receiving proper meds while being kidnapped. She will then decide that since she is going to die anyway, and since Patrick and Emma have already gone through losing her once and since they have found someone else who truly loves them both, she does not want to make them suffer through her death all over again and she does not want to interfere with them finding happiness with sweet, kind-hearted Sabrina. In the meantime, while she is sneaking around Port Charles, she will just happen to see this same sweet, kind-hearted Sabrina do something totally unselfish proving how much she loves Patrick and especially Emma.

Thus Robin will ride off into the sunset, having seen her parents who will respect her decision to go off and die in peace. In the meantime, she will really be looking for Jason so that they can both come back one day when the actor who plays Jason realizes he will never have the same success playing anyone else but Jason.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

+ Reply to Thread