+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree870Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I've always disliked Obrecht immensely, but for the first time I actually had some sympathy for her. When Faison said he'd have sex with her, but she'd have to wear the Anna mask, that was about as bad an insult as a person could have said.
    The actress played it very well too. The shock, hurt & outrage were feelable.

Still dislike her immensely, but now I want her to be the one to dispose of Faison, with a satisfied smirk on her face.
    PWS, Katydyd, ilja and 1 others like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I've always disliked Obrecht immensely, but for the first time I actually had some sympathy for her. When Faison said he'd have sex with her, but she'd have to wear the Anna mask, that was about as bad an insult as a person could have said.
    The actress played it very well too. The shock, hurt & outrage were feelable.

Still dislike her immensely, but now I want her to be the one to dispose of Faison, with a satisfied smirk on her face.
    I just came across this thread and decided to see what people were saying. I have only watched GH for the last year and I had a bit of a hard time because of not knowing all the history, then when so many of them had to come back as different characters, in a way it became somewhat easier.

I felt the same way as you did about Obrecht which surprised me because I never thought I would ever feel the least bit sorry for her, and I don't know half of what I'm sure she has been guilty of over the years. I guess I find it hard to imagine how anyone could be attracted to Faison, and I couldn't help, but laugh when the baby seemed to look at him at times and just start crying like crazy. I would cry too looking at him.

I'm sure most people who watch can't wait until Robin, Patrick and Emma are reunited, but for a newbie to the show I can't help, but feel sad for Sabrina. I never laid eyes on Robin until recently when they showed she had been alive all this time so don't have the attachment to her yet, that I'm sure the rest of you who have been watching for a long time do. I am sure long time watchers have been waiting forever for this reunion to finally take place. I'm sure I will end up really liking her as I read that Robin has been part of this soap since she was a little girl.

I only know Sabrina and she seems to totally love both Patrick and Emma so this will devastate her. I don't care for her ex boyfriend since he is working for Derek who is really Julian. Just wish she had someone better than him to help her through this. Maybe he will surprise me and turn out okay. I have to remember that lots of these characters are mob members. I'm still getting use to that. I do like the soap and am glad I decided to give it a try.

Diane is fast becoming one of my favorite characters. I wish they could find an actor with equal chops to play against her as a love interest. She would be interesting in one of those Sam/Diane or Moonlighting love affairs where they hate each other for years before finally getting together.

While I've always loved Robin since I've watched her grow up on the show, I've never cared for her and Patrick together. I never got over his cheating on her. Though I did not like them together even before that so it probably would not have mattered if he never cheated on her.

It's possible they got together during a period of time I was not watching the show so maybe that's part of why I don't like them together.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Of course, since I think I've read that she is only back temporarily, I'm pretty certain she and Patrick are not going to have a reunion anyway. I just hate that she probably won't have one with Emily either except maybe playing it off as a dream visit from her angel mama,
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I call shoddy writing.
    The scene between Spinelli and Lulu was achingly poignant with little Connie right there making happy eyes at him, but WHERE IS DANTE???? He and Olivia should be weighing in on all this.
    Obrecht gets knocked out 3 times and she just keeps popping back up.
    Jerry is sending 5 people back to Port Charles, including Robin, and nobody is supposed to let on that Robin is back while her husband and daughter make plans to reform a family? Because he's holding her mom and dad WHO BOTH HAVE GUNS in the lab? How is he going to feed them?
    And, oh yeah, the guards have switched allegiance to Jerry. What? The guard who greeted "the prince" back thought they were just guests. Besides him the only guard we've seen is Spanky.
    PWS, ilja and Jaceegirl like this.
    Count your blessings!

Wow! Will wonders never cease?
    Morgan actually put clothes on today & left Ava's hotel room (or whatever it is she stays in). I don't think we've seen him clothed & out in public in weeks, ever since he hopped in the sack with Ava after Kiki & his wedding reception.
    I was starting to wonder if she was keeping him locked up as a sex slave.
    PWS and ilja like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Good points, Gut---maybe we can excuse Dante's absence if that encounter was just chance, but sending that whole crowd back to PC (and of course Luke and Spanky will also wind up knowing) and thinking that no one will find out Robin is alive? Crazy. I know we've mentioned before that maybe Emma will see her "mommy in heaven" at some point and be dismissed, just as her previous phone call with Robin was, but in the end lots of people are going to know that Robin was alive for a whole year--even if she dies in two weeks. Unless they are planning to slaughter half the cast people will be left who know. It's hard to believe they will all keep quiet. I suppose if Robin dies for real ( or as real as it gets in PC) they might decide not to tell Patrick so he doesn't have to mourn Robin again and his relationship with Sabrina will survive. Now the big question is, will Sabrina see Robin and not tell Patrick? We all know that that kind of secret comes back to bite you in soapland!
    One thing does have me a little worried---assuming Britt told Faison the truth I think that baby secret is due to come out soon as well. Which means all 4 big secrets--2 babies and 2 non-deaths (Robin and Julian J.)---will be out over the next few months. I don't see any new stories lining up to carry the plot beyond that. It's almost as though TPTB are lining up for a show finale. Hope that is not the case.

Miss. S.---yes, and I loved Diane's crack about Morgan still being searching for his shirt!

As for a partner for Diane...how about Scotty, assuming they aren't about to split up Lucy and "Doc"?
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Ok am I the only one who doesn't like whiny doe eyed Morgan? I mean he says daddy does like me Wawa Wawa all day long. Well daddy doesn't know you because mommy took you and gave you to Jax to raise. How well did that work out. You still managed to be and entitled,gambling,whiner and Sonny has no blame for that. I swear that kid acts more like AJ than AJ. All he is missing is the love of liquor.

What is with all these people having sex on couches are there no beds in Port Chuckles?
    Oh, that's a long-standing problem in PC. I'm pretty sure all of Sonny's kids were conceived on the couch. Really though, it probably has more to do with budgetary restrictions. That way, they don't have to build bedroom sets.

Ilja, Diane has long been a favorite of mine. She's one of the few people on this show who seems to know exactly who she is and is totally unapologetic about it. Plus, she's frigging hilarious. Her line today about Morgan still not being able to find his shirt =

Maybe I'd feel less conflicted about this Lulu - Maxie custody fight if Julie-Marie Berman was still playing Lulu. Instead, I feel no emotional connection to the NuLulu at all. For me, it's all about Maxie and Spinelli getting their daughter. I don't care about Dante and Lulu. Plus, how nasty is Lulu like ALL the time? I think JMB would have played it differently - maybe more injured and emotional than plain mean and angry.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I like the Kevin/Diane scenario. He and Lucy don't seen to jive well. I'd hope Lucy would go off after another man leaving Kevin blameless, though. They haven't used him much. I don't know if he's not available regularly or if they have too much else going on. But Kevin seems to like his women outspoken and Diane is at least sane.
    What's to keep Robin from using technology to contact Patrick? I know Faison and Obrecht are going to be watching her, but someone slip her a phone! She could explain about her folks and the need for secrecy.
    What's to keep Nikolas from contacting the authorities about his castle/island and two former agents being held hostage?
    If Jerry's too sick to travel, how is he well enough to pull all this off?
    Why did Luke require a Halloween counter of makeup for how sick he was (only to turn rosy the minute he had the injection) and not Jerry?
    I like my shows to make sense.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I can only help with that last one---I think Jerry had had some kind of treatments that were temporary helps---so he was in better shape than Luke who hadn't. Meanwhile, is anyone thinking about Sean? Didn't he also have polonium poisoning? Did I miss that he died from it? One reason to find the scientist would be to save Sean.

And yeah, I don't think Jerry has thought through this whole Robin on the loose hostage thing! Maybe the polonium is addling his mind...

PWS
    FORT Fogey

OK, before I forget, is this Ryan's (Irish bar) they keep referring to meant to be a nod to the soap Ryan's Hope bar? I don't have a feel for NYC so the location they keep mentioning doesn't tell me whether that jibes with where the Ryan's Hope bar was. Anyone remember?

I'm amazed Derek let Morgan walk out the door... I guess he's too high up to get actual blood on his hands these days? From that preview I can't tell if Morgan is spilling the beans even after seeing Daddy being "unfaithful" with Michael or not....

So Sam is Ava's niece...so Silas dated aunt and niece...

When are we going to meet Lucas? And what has happened to the potential gay love triangle...we haven't seen Brad or Felix in ages. I kind of hope that Lucas is NOT a hunk, just a nerdy bookish type, so we can see Felix falling for something other than how a guy looks without a shirt---so far he seems pretty shallow... as does Brad...all the focus on looks. Yes, we get occasional hints that personality matters, but it seems to pale in comparison with their interest in looks. We need something similar to Patrick falling for the pre makeover Sabrina.

+ Reply to Thread