+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree870Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I don't remember any definitive reason other than perhaps more than a tinge of guilt for keeping the secret from him.
    She's been feeling very guilty for quite a while & has started to tell him numerous times, but as is always in Soapland, she kept getting interrupted. Once the baby was born, the guilt increased. This time she didn't get interrupted.

What's making me mad about this storyline is that Spinelli is so extremely & unforgivingly mad at Ellie, who was keeping the secret partly because Maxie insisted on it. But then with Maxie, who knew all along & swore Ellie to secrecy & kept the secret even though she was carrying his baby, he is so much more forgiving & understanding.
    If this was real, the brunt of his anger would definitely be directed at Maxie. She's the one who flat out lied, & swore others to keep the secret. SHE should have been the one to tell him a long time ago, not Ellie. Ellie was just keeping someone else's secret.
    But TPTB of this show obviously want Spinelli & Maxie to end up together, so reality goes right out the window & is used as a way to break up Spinelli/Ellie. Makes me mad.

As to Brit's baby, I've been pretty sure from the beginning that it's Dante/Lulu's.
    Remember back when, I believe it was Ellie, found out that one of the embryos was missing? It's never been mentioned again, but I remember it clearly.
    I've also thought since then, that after the whole Maxie baby thing came out, that this is how Dante/Lulu will end up getting a baby. They'll get their own back from Brit & she'll be left with nothing.

I really need to get a job writing for soaps.
    PWS and ilja like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

thanks, Miss S. I know what you mean about the interruptions....you'd think by now the people in soapland would know, if someone says they have something to tell you, even if you get interrupted always find them again and ask WHAT! And I agree, you'd think he'd be angrier at Maxie---although he did give her a pretty good reaming before Lulu and Dante came in. I'm glad Ellie is going to fight for him, but I also don't see it ending well.

On the previews for Monday it showed Brad asking Dante if he could talk to him... I also thought the scenes with Patrick and Emma were SOOO sweet him telling her she's not getting a baby brother. And when she came out with the ball gloves

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re Todd's tumor defense---just reading an article in the New Yorker magazine about a real case in which someone molested children, had a tumor, when it was cut out the urges went away, when it grew back they returned.... (this was a small part of an article about how much the physical brain controls what we do).

Brain tumors definitely can affect personality. My dad had one that was detected when he started losing his vision, but we knew someone who had one and they found it after this normally affable, happy guy turned aggressive and angry.

Maybe the GH writers are using it to conveniently keep RH on the show, but it's not as "crazy soap plot device" as it seems.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

OK, what is going on with Britt if, as we assume, that boy is really Dante and Lulu's? Surrogate bonding as we've heard is common via Maxie? (which will certainly give pause to anyone thinking of using a surrogate) She definitely sees the baby as HER baby.
    I wonder how long before more DNA studies are run on that baby... apparently Patrick already did another paternity test, post birth.

The baby is Britt & Brad's not Lulu & Dante's. Maybe it is juts me but I am not loving this new Lulu. I loved her as Lizzy Spaulding in GL but I can't buy her as Lulu. I knew they were going to name the baby Connie.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    The baby is Britt & Brad's not Lulu & Dante's. Maybe it is juts me but I am not loving this new Lulu. I loved her as Lizzy Spaulding in GL but I can't buy her as Lulu. I knew they were going to name the baby Connie.
    No way that baby is Britt and Brad's. The child looks nothing like either of them. I think the fact they are using a blond, definitely caucasian infant is supposed to point to that. I'm not sure why Brad's still keeping mum about the fact the baby is not his, but he's almost spilled a couple of times. I'll conceded the possibility the baby is Britt's and Dante's, but I still believe it's Lulu and Dante's, just like I suggested months ago when it was first mentioned there were three embryos. But either way I think Brit had to have bonded with the baby. Unlike a surrogate, she planned to keep the child, so she thought of that baby as hers from the time the embryo was implanted. And as we now know, she is not the cold and calculating b*tch her mother is, nor is she evil like her daddy. Hey I wonder if we'll find out she was adopted and is really the long lost child of someone else on the show Hopefully not some distant Cassadine though...I'm loving her and Nic together. Honestly, as much as I liked him and Emily, Brit has the potential to become my favorite partner for Nic. I'm not a huge Nic fan in general, but I like them both more as individuals when they are together Just please keep him away from Liz.... I like her, just not with him.
    PWS likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I agree, Katydyd. I do think the baby Britt carried is Lulu and Dante's. I think they'll get their baby, in the end of this whole mess. I think Maxie will eventually get her baby girl back. I like Nic and Britt together, too. He "gets" her, and has softened around her.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I had a family member who had a brain aneurism whose personality changed during his last days.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

+ Reply to Thread