+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree751Likes

Thread: General Hospital

  1. #3571
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,716

    Re: General Hospital

    Yes, when he walked off the hospital roof after Carly--just leapt at me! Glad it wasn't just me!

    Thanks very much for the info on why Ava would want Connie dead--excellent reason! Alhough I set my vcr to tape while I was gone I was sure, and was right, that my cable would go out at some point...and when it comes back you have to push something on the remote to reconnect to the TV... so the VCR faithfully recorded a lot of blank tape...sigh... and I missed seeing all that AJ/Connie/Ava interaction---Thanks!

    Sigh, well, clearly I was too optimistic about how quickly we will get the baby reveal. I do hope it is before the baby gets a name and goes home....I guess Britt will have to go into labor first. That was quick thinking on Britt's part for a "father", but I don't believe it for a minute. I'm sure she used one of the Lulu/Dante fertilized eggs. She would have known the odds would be good that the baby would look at least partly like Brad. Speaking of Brad, I was sure they were going to hook Felix up with Bobbie's adopted son Lucas...but unless there is a triangle I don't see that happening now...clearly Brad and Felix are heading for a relationship.
    Methinks Britt is going to be out of a job when this is all over though...unless there's some big twist.... They are making her so sympathetic these days it seems they want to keep her, but what is she going to do, sponge off Prince Nic? Assuming he'd have her after he hears the whole story.

  2. #3572
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,916

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Alhough I set my vcr to tape while I was gone I was sure, and was right, that my cable would go out at some point...and when it comes back you have to push something on the remote to reconnect to the TV... so the VCR faithfully recorded a lot of blank tape...sigh... and I missed seeing all that AJ/Connie/Ava interaction---Thanks!
    Hey PWS, LOL, I thought I was the only one who had this problem!!! My DVR has to be rebooted all the time, I'd say, on the average of once a week. It drives me crazy, but I'm happy to see that I'm not alone with this problem! Thank heavens for the Soap Channel. They do a full week's worth of GH episodes every weekend, so you can usually catch up if you miss any episodes.

  3. #3573
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,716

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Hey PWS, LOL, I thought I was the only one who had this problem!!! My DVR has to be rebooted all the time, I'd say, on the average of once a week. It drives me crazy, but I'm happy to see that I'm not alone with this problem! Thank heavens for the Soap Channel. They do a full week's worth of GH episodes every weekend, so you can usually catch up if you miss any episodes.
    I use On Demand for the same, but they also only have a week, so when you are gone 3 weeks...trouble!
    I do have to give the writers credit---there is a lot of action these days, and you DO miss stuff if you are gone for 3 weeks!

    By the way, what made Ellie finally decide to spill the beans?

  4. #3574
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,228

    Re: General Hospital

    I didn't know you could still buy VCR tapes.

  5. #3575
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,994

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I didn't know you could still buy VCR tapes.
    Oh yeah. I use them all the time. They're not very in demand anymore, but are still out there & readily available. At least the blank ones are. I haven't seen one with movies, etc., already on them in years. VCR's themselves are still out there too, but harder to find. I have 2. One in my bedroom & one in my living room, connected to my main TV.
    Even hooking them up to a new modern TV is difficult. The TV's aren't made to be compatible to VCR. You have to have an intermediary device to connect them.
    I'm older & don't change easily. I know these things.

    I don't have a DVR, just a DVD player. I've been telling myself I'll get one for years, but just never get around to it. They'll be extinct by the time I get around to it.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

  6. #3576
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,716

    Re: General Hospital

    Yeah, you can buy them at drugstores still... but getting the machines, not easy. Our last machine does both tape and DVDs, but we have an older one for our other TV that only does tape.

    So, to repeat, why did Ellie finally decide to tell Spinelli?

  7. #3577
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,228

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Oh yeah. I use them all the time. They're not very in demand anymore, but are still out there & readily available. At least the blank ones are. I haven't seen one with movies, etc., already on them in years. VCR's themselves are still out there too, but harder to find. I have 2. One in my bedroom & one in my living room, connected to my main TV.
    Even hooking them up to a new modern TV is difficult. The TV's aren't made to be compatible to VCR. You have to have an intermediary device to connect them.
    I'm older & don't change easily. I know these things.

    I don't have a DVR, just a DVD player. I've been telling myself I'll get one for years, but just never get around to it. They'll be extinct by the time I get around to it.
    If you can navigate the internet, you can work a DVR. They are that easy & more than convenient. You'd love it once you got it.

  8. #3578
    FORT Fogey razorbacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    9,228

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Yeah, you can buy them at drugstores still... but getting the machines, not easy. Our last machine does both tape and DVDs, but we have an older one for our other TV that only does tape.

    So, to repeat, why did Ellie finally decide to tell Spinelli?
    I don't remember any definitive reason other than perhaps more than a tinge of guilt for keeping the secret from him.

  9. #3579
    FORT Fan angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,451

    Re: General Hospital

    So, is Britt's baby really Brad's or Lulu and Dante's? I wondered what you all think. I hope it's Lulu and Dante's, so they can have their own baby afterall. I had heard once that the show was trying to 'redeem' Britt, so her giving the baby to them would be a step in that direction.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

  10. #3580
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    14,716

    Re: General Hospital

    I'm guessing L&D's. If you notice when Britt was talking to Brad it could easily have been read as her telling him that that was now the story, that it was his baby. Of course they kept it ambiguous, so it could also be read as them just discussing the fact that the truth had now come out.
    There's no way they are going to leave L & D without a baby--in my opinion. I'm not sure why Britt didn't just come out with the truth...maybe because the truth, stealing an embryo, will cost her her license but lying to Patrick won't. Once the truth is out I'm not sure how she will keep practicing though...if they truly want to redeem her.

    Thanks, razorbacker---I would have thought there'd be some definitive moment...Ellie's been feeling guilty for months...
    Last edited by PWS; 09-05-2013 at 10:32 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.