+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree740Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Yup - that's exactly what I thought too Jinafire!! No way will it be the other - but it sure makes for good drama now!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Nice that Scotty gave his marriage with Laura a fair chance, huh? They've been married for what? A few months? Tops. He chased her like a stalker for years and then, once she finally agrees (after he bullied her) to marry him and now he just up and wants out? Lame.

So, how long before AJ is off the hook? November sweeps?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Does anyone know is Genie leaving? Is this trip to Paris and quickie divorce yet another excuse to get her off the canvas? I hope not, I'd like to see her stick around a while. And Lulu is sure gonna need her mom coming up here! Speaking of which - I though Bradford Anderson did a great job with the whole Ellie/baby reveal. He has really grown as an actor and it shows in Spinelli - who is far more of a character now than a caricature. And speaking of Ellie (ok, many random GH thoughts here ) - I loved her scenes with Franco! Of course, I pretty much love any scene RH is in. But he and Carly on the roof were even more terrific. They are smokin' together!! I can't wait to watch him try and prove himself to her. And finally.....I'm actually liking the Britch and Nic together. He definitely brings out a vulnerability in her that makes her, well, likable. Which is almost too bad because I'm not quite sure how Nic is possibly going to forgive her once he finds out everything - including the fact that she knew Lulu and Dante aren't the parents of Maxie's baby.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And let's not forget that she "stole" an egg for her own pregnancy (or so we were thinking before I left town and TVland).

Whew! Britt let the non Daddy out of the bag. It's on now!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Whew! Britt let the non Daddy out of the bag. It's on now!
    Ah - but will he believe her? And will she want to run another paternity test proving it's not his? Hopefully!
    Desiderata

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Does anyone know is Genie leaving? Is this trip to Paris and quickie divorce yet another excuse to get her off the canvas? I hope not, I'd like to see her stick around a while. And Lulu is sure gonna need her mom coming up here! Speaking of which - I though Bradford Anderson did a great job with the whole Ellie/baby reveal. He has really grown as an actor and it shows in Spinelli - who is far more of a character now than a caricature. And speaking of Ellie (ok, many random GH thoughts here ) - I loved her scenes with Franco! Of course, I pretty much love any scene RH is in. But he and Carly on the roof were even more terrific. They are smokin' together!! I can't wait to watch him try and prove himself to her. And finally.....I'm actually liking the Britch and Nic together. He definitely brings out a vulnerability in her that makes her, well, likable. Which is almost too bad because I'm not quite sure how Nic is possibly going to forgive her once he finds out everything - including the fact that she knew Lulu and Dante aren't the parents of Maxie's baby.
    Agreed. Bradford Anderson is really hitting it out of the park on this storyline....and I haven't always been the biggest Spinelli fan. The scenes with him and Maxie today were really good. I'm pleased that the truth is coming out pretty quickly, at least in soapland.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

General Hospital Daily Recaps | GH @ soapcentral.com
    I hope nobody minds if I repost this for myself so it's easier to find... now that school has started, I need to catch up!
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Been away for a few weeks---just caught up on the last week thanks to On Demand. Have to agree that the acting has been fantastic this last week. Spinnelli, Ellie, Patrick, Britt. All acting like "real people" caught up in these bizarre situations. And glad to see that baby craziness is probably about to end with big reveals all around...
    So I'm guessing along with the rest of you that AJ is really Ava J., not "AJ". Did I miss some reason that Ava would want Connie dead? Did Connie recognize her from "back in the 'hood"? When they were all mini gangsters together?
    Also agree that Carly and Franco are HOT...and I love how now that Franco has been cured of his brain tumor (how else can you possibly really redeem him?), he's even walking differently, and differently than Todd did...
    I'm guessing that Laura is going to have to have more treatment in Switzerland so she can be written out understandably. Surprised to see that Scott will stick around, but I guess they need a new story if the baby stuff is wrapped up.
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Been away for a few weeks---just caught up on the last week thanks to On Demand. Have to agree that the acting has been fantastic this last week. Spinnelli, Ellie, Patrick, Britt. All acting like "real people" caught up in these bizarre situations. And glad to see that baby craziness is probably about to end with big reveals all around...
    So I'm guessing along with the rest of you that AJ is really Ava J., not "AJ". Did I miss some reason that Ava would want Connie dead? Did Connie recognize her from "back in the 'hood"? When they were all mini gangsters together?
    Also agree that Carly and Franco are HOT...and I love how now that Franco has been cured of his brain tumor (how else can you possibly really redeem him?), he's even walking differently, and differently than Todd did... I'm guessing that Laura is going to have to have more treatment in Switzerland so she can be written out understandably. Surprised to see that Scott will stick around, but I guess they need a new story if the baby stuff is wrapped up.
    Oh I totally caught that too - I thought it was just me! When he was walking off the roof behind Carly there was definitely something in that swagger that was pure "Franco" RH is just so darn good!! And in answer to your question about why Ava would have wanted Connie dead - Connie had just discovered that Derrick was actually Julian Jerome and Ava is his sister. She had found some stuff on his computer that helped her put it together (I think some of it had to do with research on Sonny's "coffee" business). She was just about to call Sonny with this info when AJ came into her office with his gun. So, in addition to being really po'd that Connie spilled the story of Kiki's parentage, Ava may have discovered that Connie also knew she was a Jerome Jerome. I thought the scenes of Ava and AJ in the bar were very telling. She was totally goading him into drinking and getting revenge on Connie. I think she probably waited, then followed AJ hoping he'd get the job done, and when he didn't.....she took care of business. Maybe Ava wouldn't have shot Connie herself just over the daddy reveal, but if she saw what was on the computer or Connie said something, she would have felt she had to kill her. I think it's interesting that no one mentioned what was pulled up on that computer. Makes me think the killer erased it. And not only was AJ to drunk to do that, he'd have no reason to. And I didn't add spoilers because it's pure conjecture on my part
    ilja likes this.
    Desiderata

+ Reply to Thread