+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1099Likes

Thread: General Hospital

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: General Hospital

I thought Carly made very good points today about Kiki and Morgan, and drawing an analogy to her marriage to AJ. Of course her reasons for marrying the wrong brother were somewhat less "noble", but still.
    I actually don't recall her being "in love" with Jason at that point... thought they were just very good friends....

Doesn't Sam work with Spinelli?? Then again I never see doing anything other than carrying Danny so I guess that is a job & I guess she receives income from Jason's trust for Danny. Maybe I am being picky but all Sam ever does is holds Danny. Danny is a year old now. I have sons. At a year old they were mobile, walking and getting into everything.

Luke...perhapys alimony from Tracy???
    Olivia...no clue unless Sonny supports her.
    Nick is wealthy but didn't he mention something about starting a new business in PC?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Something occurred to me today while watching GH. There are some regular been-around-awhile characters who I have absolutely no idea what they do for a living. How do they support themselves? They are absolutely never shown doing anything that could bring in a paycheck:
    Olivia
    Sam
    Luke
    Nikolas - I suppose being extremely wealthy could be considered a job, but does he work?

There are others too, but these are all I could think about at the moment. Other than wealthy Nikolas, do these people have an income or are they somehow independantly wealthy?
    Olivia: Once in the mob, always in the mob. She lives on the MFR (Mob Family Royalties) since her child's father is a Mob Kingpin, she automatically gets a monthly stipend.
    Sam: She is still living off of her DWTS prize money along with her part of whatever Spinelli makes doing PI investigations in their McCall and Jackal Investigations business.
    Luke: Still living off the million he got from Helena and whatever he made off of the sale of the Haunted Starr. When needed he gets him a sugar mama.
    Nikolas: Running Cassadine Industries. Several inheritances from all the many times his father, uncle and grandmother have died.
    Last edited by ilja; 08-01-2013 at 02:20 PM.
    PWS and Need40winks like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I thought Olivia worked at the Metro Court for Carly.

I love that Silas is doing the DNA test HIMSELF!

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Olivia: Once in the mob, always in the mob. She lives on the MFR (Mob Family Royalties) since her child's father is a Mob Kingpin, she automatically gets a monthly stipend.
    Sam: She is still living off of her DWTS prize money along with her part of whatever Spinelli makes doing PI investigations in their McCall and Jackal Investigations business.
    Luke: Still living off the million he got from Helena and whatever he made off of the sale of the Haunted Starr. When needed he gets him a sugar mama.
    Nikolas: Running Cassadine Industries. Several inheritances from all the many times his father, uncle and grandmother have died.
    Very good.
    I especially like the monthly stipend for Mob Family Royalties.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    I love that Silas is doing the DNA test HIMSELF!
    And I don't see why he should keep quiet about it once he finds out. Which shouldn't be long...so unless Kiki and Morgan have an extremely hurry up wedding he should know before the wedding.

So COnnie's new boss is Julian Jerome...I vaguely recall the name. Was he the one who caused Anna to miscarry? This was all during an era when I wasn't watching at all, just reading SOD.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, no surprise there...the new hot "older" guy is Sam's dad. Wow, Alexis can't win for losing....she needs a reformed crook like Duke to give her a bad boy edge without the actual current criminal behavior...not someone who is even worse than her last beau.

Seems like the Kiki's dad explosion should happen in the next week, hopefully before the wedding....hope someone remembers to tell Kiki

And... Sam meets her dad.

Did we call it or did we call it? There are NO coincidences in SoapLand. It is THAT Jerome family. Julian Jerome sure looks different 20 or 30 years later....

ETA: I wonder if this means we'll see Bobbie back in town or if they'll even mention that she raised Julian's son.
    Last edited by Critical; 08-02-2013 at 05:37 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Did we call it or did we call it? There are NO coincidences in SoapLand. It is THAT Jerome family. Julian Jerome sure looks different 20 or 30 years later....

ETA: I wonder if this means we'll see Bobbie back in town or if they'll even mention that she raised Julian's son.
    Good point! I have to think Bobbie's gay son is going to show up, or why else did that even come up at the Nurses' Ball---surely they are not going to reform Brad to the point that Felix will wind up with him---maybe we'll have our first gay love triangle! Ooooo, that kid could be another donor for Danny!!! And another sibling for Sam. So he'll be "connected" right away.

+ Reply to Thread