+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree978Likes

Thread: General Hospital

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: General Hospital

I was assuming that Britt's mom did something to the blood sample, but you could be right....

Brit's mom must have done something to the blood sample. I don't think Elllie would lie about that, she really hates Brit - but maybe if Olbrecht threatened to spill about Maxie's baby.....I also think the way Brit was staring at Lulu and Dante when they were hugging about the baby confirms my earlier thought that Brit's baby is really theirs. After all, you can never read too much into a simple stare when it's a soap

Oh! And props to the writers....nice way to circle back to Jerry Jacks and make use of a random storyline that seemed come out of nowhere! I never felt like that whole mess with his being sick and needing the money for a cure was ever fully explained or resolved. After all, does a massive explosion with no body found ever really resolve anything?
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Well, Britt does know that Maxie's baby is Spinelli's and Ellie doesn't want him to know. That could be the blackmail right there.
    ilja likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I got to thinking that this may have been planned out for a bit. Brit is too smart to just leave vials of her blood lying around the hospital. I'm thinking maybe the samples were tampered with - not the results. Maybe the whole blood draw was a scheme and the blood sample Ellie used in the test wasn't really Brit's. Maxie would surely have blood samples at the hospital, and it wouldn't be hard to switch Patrick's hair with Spinelli's and voila - match! They may even be able to actually do something with Brit's blood (or Lulu's - she was just in the hospital) and Dante's hair if that really is the baby Brit is carrying. Or - Obrecht has access to Robin. Maybe there were samples of her blood from when she was pregnant with Emma? Brit and her mom had to know the paternity question was going to come up. Surely they had a plan. They realized at some point and time Patrick and Co. would run a paternity test, and prepared for it. The way it looks now, no one is questioning that the baby is Patrick's. After all, Brit didn't even know they were doing the test, and no one tampered with the results because Ellie did the test herself......
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I got to thinking that this may have been planned out for a bit. Brit is too smart to just leave vials of her blood lying around the hospital. I'm thinking maybe the samples were tampered with - not the results. Maybe the whole blood draw was a scheme and the blood sample Ellie used in the test wasn't really Brit's. Maxie would surely have blood samples at the hospital, and it wouldn't be hard to switch Patrick's hair with Spinelli's and voila - match! They may even be able to actually do something with Brit's blood (or Lulu's - she was just in the hospital) and Dante's hair if that really is the baby Brit is carrying. Or - Obrecht has access to Robin. Maybe there were samples of her blood from when she was pregnant with Emma? Brit and her mom had to know the paternity question was going to come up. Surely they had a plan. They realized at some point and time Patrick and Co. would run a paternity test, and prepared for it. The way it looks now, no one is questioning that the baby is Patrick's. After all, Brit didn't even know they were doing the test, and no one tampered with the results because Ellie did the test herself......
    "Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive".
    Sir Walter Scott
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    "Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive".
    Sir Walter Scott
    Well heck - if Helena could plan her end game for Luke months in advance and have contingies in place in the event of her own death, surely Brit and her mom had the whole pregnancy scam figured down to the last detail. I mean, it makes perfect sense they would assume Patrick and Co. would eventually run an illegal, secret paternity test so they planted fake samples ahead of time to make it easy, right?
    ilja likes this.
    Desiderata

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow...the evil look Franco and Ava gave Carly...like a pair of coiling snakes...I don't think we'll be seeing the Todd/Carly chemistry with Franco/ Carly anytime soon. Franco seems to be going back to his old ways with Ava's help and encouragement....

We had tornado warnings about halfway through the show and every channel was pre-empted. It wasn't even for my area, but I understand the need to get the word out.
    Count your blessings!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    We had tornado warnings about halfway through the show and every channel was pre-empted. It wasn't even for my area, but I understand the need to get the word out.
    I've switched over to the Soap Channel for my regular soap viewing. No more local pre-emptions!!!! Yay!!!! Maybe you can too, Gutmutter.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

GOOD NEWS for ONE LIFE TO LIVE and ALL MY CHILDREN fans. They're going to be starting on OWN Monday July 15th. Below is the official announcement from the OWN website:

"They're coming to OWN:

You tweeted, you posted on Facebook and Oprah.com—and Oprah heard you. Now, OWN is having a summer fling with soaps! Starting on Monday, July 15, you can watch all-new episodes of All My Children and One Life to Live on OWN.

All-new episodes of All My Children will air at 1 p.m. ET/PT Monday through Thursday.

All new episodes of One Life to Live will air at 3 p.m. ET/PT Monday through Thursday.

Read more: Get Ready for OWN's Summer Soap Fling! - @OWNTV"
    bee stung lips likes this.

+ Reply to Thread