+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree886Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I've just never cared for Patrick until Sabrina. I always thought he wasn't good enough for my sweet little Robin.

Though I will admit the bed scene with Patrick and Sabrina is a bit grating.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Honestly Sabrina & Partick in bed together...total turn off for me. I just see a total lack of chemistry or perhaps it is because the writers changed Sabrina's character so drastically. Perhaps thye read our comments about her & Patrick's age differences and decided to age her.
    Just to the point where I am about to not care enough to continue watching.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I've just discovered GH on On Demand and normally I would be all excited but if my suspicions come true about the path they are on, I will be finally giving it up too. Sometimes I wonder why the powers that be seem to get a kick out of driving away their audience.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And they did a great job of bringing us all back in for the nurses' ball, too.

What are your guesses, ilja, that are driving you away?

The half first cousin thing---not that we didn't see it coming, but, given that Starr and Michael have a lot of chemistry I don't see how they can get past it other than to de Quartermaine one them.... Maybe Ava cheated on Franco?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    The half first cousin thing---not that we didn't see it coming, but, given that Starr and Michael have a lot of chemistry I don't see how they can get past it other than to de Quartermaine one them.... Maybe Ava cheated on Franco?
    I was wondering about that also PWS...those two are really good together! But if they "de Quartermaine" Kiki, then she's no longer Franco's daughter and I'm really looking forward to watching that relationship develop too. KA and RH have such terrific chemistry playing father and daughter.......And lord knows there was so much issue with Michael's paternity they'd be really hard pressed to have anyone other than AJ be his dad I agree, GH isn't perfect right now - I'm not as thrilled with the Patrick/Sabrina pairing now that they're actually together, and Felix's little sister - ugh! But I'm not ready to give up on P/S quite yet. And I was just thinking that the rest of the show was starting to get pretty good. I love that Shaun and Alexis are finally getting a real story, what with the Olivia shooting and the all the ramifications for everyone (Sonny threatening to off Carly!) - it's intriguing. And it's purely a testament to "the power of Roger" () that I'm actually enjoying the Franco story - He won't of course, ever be completely redeemed, but I'm loving watching him try. RH is just so darn good. He's even made the battle for ELQ interesting, and the Q mansion is full of life again
    PWS likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Everything Katydyd just said! I keep missing the Sabrina/Patrick scenes, but "Franco" adds the hot sauce to the show for me. I'm fine with cousins doin' it. They never knew each other, and "Kiki" doesn't seem like the mothering type to me. Let them have their tension. Morgan is going to shoot himself in the foot with his gambling problem, anyway.
    Poor Alexis! I've been a fan of Nancy's since Santa Barbara. I love the sexy/awkward vibe she does. I don't see how she can continue on with Shaun... and shame on him, like she said, for not putting others' needs first when taking that hit.
    PWS likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Poor Alexis! I've been a fan of Nancy's since Santa Barbara. I love the sexy/awkward vibe she does. I don't see how she can continue on with Shaun... and shame on him, like she said, for not putting others' needs first when taking that hit.
    But she has a soft spot for those "bad boys," and at this point they don't come much more tortured than Shaun! Heck I feel bad for him I don't think she's going to write him off completely. And I suppose, Michael and Kiki are only half cousins after all...

I just really appreciate that right now while GH may not be hitting everything out of the park, most all of the stories going on are weaving large parts of the cast together. There really are no "islands" out there. Even the teen summer stories are connected by their ties to parents, guardians, siblings....I also think they've been really smart about how they've added the new characters into big stories involving multiple core characters. It was an incredibly tough job to do under the circumstances. IMO Franco and Kiki have fit in nicely, and I think (fingers crossed) that as Silas gets more involved with Rafe, and Danny's leukemia story, he just might turn out ok.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I don't think it's the characters he plays. I think I just don't like Michael Easton (currently Silas). He puts off a grumpy selfish vibe that always says "I'm better than the rest of them".
    His "love interests" always seem to mean nothing to him but convenience.
    The only time I ever liked him with someone was on OLTL: John with Natalie.

I was willing to give him a chance as Silas, but he's playing the same grumpy selfish guy. I was also hoping his storyline would be with someone other than Sam. I'd like to see how he'd interact with others without Sam in the picture. But no, no such luck.
    He & Rafe can both leave ASAP.

As much as I HATE that RH is playing Franco now, I just can't turn away. The guy is good. I'm almost rooting for Franco.
    I agree that the Franco/Kiki father/daughter thing is a good idea. They play father/daughter quite well.

I also like the Alexis/Shaun storyline. It's nice for them to not be just background characters.

I also agree with Katydyd that the Q house is interesting again.
    PWS and Katydyd like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I keep waiting for something to happen to keep Rafe/Silas in PC. I thought maybe the judge would say that Silas had to move there (ok in reality that would never happen, but hey, it's a soap). But no....

on all the comments above, especially those on RH being so good you want to root for Franco. I was glad his plans for Kiki got disrupted when she found out about his role in the rape---before that it was looking too easy for him to bond with her.

Rafe has got to be 16/17 so isn't he of an age where he can decide where and with whom he wants to live with?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread