+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1045Likes

Thread: General Hospital

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    Thank you so much about the hair incident...my grandson is almost 8 weeks old, and my daughter has long hair. I will definitely mention this to her.

I couldn't remember if the Q name had been mentioned, but that definitely makes sense now.
    You're welcome, crzndeb--hopefully never needed! Really you can thank Susan Lucci (Erica Kane)!

Miss Scarlett, I agree, after all the main character and old character focus it is a bit jarring to have all this stuff with with the new OLTL 3 (well put!). True, today we had a good deal on the Britt baby story today, but I found myself resenting it when we got pulled to the Franco story. I, too, hope it is just that they are trying to establish them. Interesting that Todd/Starr are still dad and daughter as Franco/Kiki. Leaves Doc Silas out on a limb---I guess they are counting on the "chemistry" with Sam to pull him in. And of course they are moving into the usual emphasis on teen stories as summer is coming.

I didn't realize that was a trend, but it makes sense. I'm all for pulling in viewers any way they can. I just love Todd/Franco. He'll always be Todd to me. He's playing those Quartermaines like fiddles! I think he and Kiki will find some common ground.
    Count your blessings!

Oh yeah, as far back as Luke and Laura (and probably before that) soaps have catered to younger viewers in the summer. I remember GH being appointment viewing during the summer. We'd all hop out of the pool and crowd around the TV to watch Luke and Laura on one of their adventures - this was guys and girls too.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Wasn't it Lulu?
    Yes! I thought it was Lulu (as an infant) who received the life-saving blood transfusion from Nikolas, but then wasn't sure, and didn't want to post incorrect info. Thanks, Gutmutter!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm trying to do the Quartermaine math to figure out how much of a % Franco holds, but I don't recall if the will said that the total grandchildren would receive X percentage to be divided evenly between them while the total greatgrandkids would receive Y percentage to be divided evenly between them (as in, the grandkids get 60% and the great grandkids get 40%), or
    did it say that each grandchild got , say, 15%, and each great grandchild got say, 6%. Does anyone remember? Thanks!

To the Point

Info from wiki on Edward's will indicates the following: Edward leaves each of his living grandchildren (Skye, A.J., Jason, Ned, and Dillon) 12% of ELQ. He leaves each of his living great-grandchildren (Brook Lynn, Maya, Michael, Daniel, Lila Rae) 6% of ELQ. He leaves 5% to Monica and 5% to Alice, the maid. He donates all of his cash and material belongings to Habitat for Humanity and PBS to be divided equally.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Info from wiki on Edward's will indicates the following: Edward leaves each of his living grandchildren (Skye, A.J., Jason, Ned, and Dillon) 12% of ELQ. He leaves each of his living great-grandchildren (Brook Lynn, Maya, Michael, Daniel, Lila Rae) 6% of ELQ. He leaves 5% to Monica and 5% to Alice, the maid. He donates all of his cash and material belongings to Habitat for Humanity and PBS to be divided equally.
    So does that mean that the 60% left to the grandchildren now gets split between 6 instead of 5? And the 30% left to the great-grandchildren now gets split between 6 instead of 5? He didn't make any provisions for unknown children/grandchildren, did he? Or does that mean the 2 new ones get nothing because Edward didn't know about them?

We need a lawyer. Anyone here know the legal ramifications of this?
    Not that is matters. Soaps make up their own legal rules as they go along.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    So does that mean that the 60% left to the grandchildren now gets split between 6 instead of 5? And the 30% left to the great-grandchildren now gets split between 6 instead of 5? He didn't make any provisions for unknown children/grandchildren, did he? Or does that mean the 2 new ones get nothing because Edward didn't know about them?

We need a lawyer. Anyone here know the legal ramifications of this?
    Not that is matters. Soaps make up their own legal rules as they go along.
    Wouldn't Franco replace Jason & keep it at 5?

I just watched the reading of Edward's will and I must say he was a real jack- aspirin to Tracy. I knew this but for some reason I had not been thinking about it.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Wouldn't Franco replace Jason & keep it at 5?
    They are still counting Jason as alive as his body wasn't found, I think. Sam has power over that vote, I think. If she declares him dead does Danny inherit his share, or does it go back into the grandchild pot? Does Danny also have his own %? He was born before Edward died.

And yes, ilja, I agree, Edward was AWFUL to Tracy---his only living child, whom he must have known adored him, and nothing but a relish jar, and no explanation. I was thinking that when they got to the bottom of the jar there would be diamonds or something, or a secret message on the back of the label, but no....apparently not. I still hope there's an explanation some day. A better one than Tracy has come up with.
    Last edited by PWS; 06-09-2013 at 06:49 PM.

+ Reply to Thread