+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree890Likes

Thread: General Hospital

  1. #3321
    FORT Fogey ilja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: General Hospital

    I never thought I would say this but I suspect I'm going to be giving this show up pretty soon if they go where I think they are going. Once they did what they did to Luke and Laura, the writing was already on the wall for me.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

  2. #3322
    FORT Fogey ilja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: General Hospital

    Let me guess. I know it's far-fetched and has never happened on a soap opera, but how much you want to be that Sam's baby is going to need bone marrow to beat Cancer and New Franco will save the day by not only being a perfect match but also donating to save Sam's baby's life? Don't you just love run-on sentences.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

  3. #3323
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,137

    Re: General Hospital

    And of course there will be no cord blood saved t hat could have been used, because of the bizarre circumstances of Danny's birth...

    Yeah, I think you are right, ilja, good thinking; they have to do something to redeem Todd, I mean Franco. And that sounds about right. (I wish we could still have Todd... I was really liking the way he was developing.... ) And that will show Carly that she was wrong to want Franco shot. I wonder if TJ will find out his "dad" is a hit man. Maybe Franco will be wounded and in the hospital and that will be how they know he's the right blood type or something.

    Don't know how much longer they can keep Kiki and Michael from finding out they are half first cousins...will they kiss first and cheat on Morgan?

    Will the judge rule that Dr. Silas has to stay in PC if he wants to parent Rafe?

  4. #3324
    FORT Fogey ilja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: General Hospital

    Dr. Silas will be the only doctor there ever was who could successfully treat Danny so he will have to stay around to help save Danny's life. In the meantime, Sam will start to have feelings for him since they both wear black so there can be no denying of their chemistry.
    PWS and Katydyd like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

  5. #3325
    FORT Fan crzndeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Near Seattle
    Posts
    288

    Re: General Hospital

    I hope if they go the with the bone marrow doanation story, they do it properly and as a PSA to get more donors. The testing is very involved, and I hope they don't make light of it.

    I have been on the registry for almost 30 years, and only twice have I been called back for further testing. Though I was a close enough match to be called back twice, further antigen testing weren't matches. I'm 62 now, but would still donate in a heartbeat if I was ever needed.

    On another story, doesn't Kiki know that AJ is Michael's bio dad, and that makes him a Quartermaine? I hope they don't go there...Ewwww. But maybe I missed something.

  6. #3326
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,004

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Let me guess. I know it's far-fetched and has never happened on a soap opera, but how much you want to be that Sam's baby is going to need bone marrow to beat Cancer and New Franco will save the day by not only being a perfect match but also donating to save Sam's baby's life? Don't you just love run-on sentences.
    It's not so far fetched. In fact, if I remember correctly, GH did the same save-the-baby-with-the-bad-guy's-blood storyline within THE SAME FAMILY! Sam is a Cassadine, and didn't Nikolas (who was originally cast as a kind of black sheep or potential bad guy Cassadine) donate his blood to save a baby's life?

  7. #3327
    Me and my shadow Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Always together.
    Posts
    12,941

    Re: General Hospital

    Wasn't it Lulu?
    Count your blessings!

  8. #3328
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,137

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    I hope if they go the with the bone marrow doanation story, they do it properly and as a PSA to get more donors. The testing is very involved, and I hope they don't make light of it.

    I have been on the registry for almost 30 years, and only twice have I been called back for further testing. Though I was a close enough match to be called back twice, further antigen testing weren't matches. I'm 62 now, but would still donate in a heartbeat if I was ever needed.

    On another story, doesn't Kiki know that AJ is Michael's bio dad, and that makes him a Quartermaine? I hope they don't go there...Ewwww. But maybe I missed something.
    I don't think she does know. She may know he's "adopted", but not the details. If you note NO one has mentioned the specific Q word, it's always just "rich family". Clearly today for example Morgan would have been saying, she's your cousin! when he was wondering if they were flirting, and the only reason given for Michael not to make a pass at her was that she was Morgan's girlfriend.

    Clearly that's going to come out in the next day or so, probably after another (almost?) kiss.

    I agree, I hope they do a good job on the bone marrow donation and make it a good PSA. You can learn a lot from soaps! Much more trivial, but I still remember one from AMC when Erica was a new mom and the baby kept crying for no reason, and they eventually found a long hair that had wrapped around the baby's toe under her sock and was cutting off the circulation. Not long after I found one wrapped around my baby son's penis, a much more dangerous place, and something I wouldn't have thought to look for without that little episode---I heard that it was in there at the suggestion of the actress because she'd had a similar episode with one of her children.
    And seeing everyone donating to be tested on the show might inspire a lot of viewers to do the same.

  9. #3329
    FORT Fan crzndeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Near Seattle
    Posts
    288

    Re: General Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I don't think she does know. She may know he's "adopted", but not the details. If you note NO one has mentioned the specific Q word, it's always just "rich family". Clearly today for example Morgan would have been saying, she's your cousin! when he was wondering if they were flirting, and the only reason given for Michael not to make a pass at her was that she was Morgan's girlfriend.

    Clearly that's going to come out in the next day or so, probably after another (almost?) kiss.

    I agree, I hope they do a good job on the bone marrow donation and make it a good PSA. You can learn a lot from soaps! Much more trivial, but I still remember one from AMC when Erica was a new mom and the baby kept crying for no reason, and they eventually found a long hair that had wrapped around the baby's toe under her sock and was cutting off the circulation. Not long after I found one wrapped around my baby son's penis, a much more dangerous place, and something I wouldn't have thought to look for without that little episode---I heard that it was in there at the suggestion of the actress because she'd had a similar episode with one of her children.
    And seeing everyone donating to be tested on the show might inspire a lot of viewers to do the same.
    Thank you so much about the hair incident...my grandson is almost 8 weeks old, and my daughter has long hair. I will definitely mention this to her.

    I couldn't remember if the Q name had been mentioned, but that definitely makes sense now.

  10. #3330
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,408

    Re: General Hospital

    I like the OLTL 3. I started watching GH again after many years because of them. I looked forward to them coming back after the whole Prospect Park legal mumbo jumbo. But since they've returned, I just don't like the way they seem to have taken over the whole show.

    I loved the Anniversary Celebration. The vets, the Nurses' Ball, the nostalgia, the multitude of storylines including darned near everyone. The drama of it all. I got to care more about the fictional lives of the whole cast.
    But since they've been back all the stories seem to revolve around those 3. Everyone else seems to be an incidental afterthought.

    I sure hope this is just temporary. I hope it's just to establish them as new & viable characters. But it's just way too heavy handed for my taste. Plus I hate the Franco character, nomatter who plays him & am sick of him. Plus I wish Michael Easton was playing ANYONE other than vampire boy's brother, another character I was hoping to forget.

    Odd, but Kiki is the only one not grating on me. That's what they needed for all of them: completely new & original characters. And not so much of them.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.