+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree885Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Seeing that Franco is supposedly Jason's twin & Jason is supposedly AJ's brother & very close in age, I was bored & decided to look up a few birthdays.

For what it's worth:
    Sean Kanan - AJ: 11/1966
    Steve Burton - Jason: 6/1970 Yeah, it's possible. I don't know how many years apart AJ & Jason are supposed to be, but less than 3 years in real life sounds OK for casting purposes.

James Franco - Original Franco: 4/1978
    Roger Howarth - New Recast Franco: 9/1968 10 years?!?!? We're talking recasting a 35 year old man with a 45 year old man. Nope, doesn't wash.
    As for the 2 years older than his supposed twin, I suppose that is OK for casting purposes.

Bottom line, James Franco is the one who just doesn't fit into the age mix. Even before I checked birthdays, he always seemed way younger than Steve Burton. That was one loooooonnnnnnggggg childbirth.
    ilja likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Even with the age difference and JF being younger than SB, I think SB looks MUCH better than JF. Really, I think RH looks better than JF too. They don't look that far apart in age.

For me, what didn't wash was casting James Franco in the first place. Talk about stunt casting. I'm SO glad Bob Guza is not running this show any more.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Wow. Thanks Miss Scarlett for the age check. I'm not sure why I thought RH was too old to play Jason's twin....clearly he's not. It's not that that he looks old... maybe it's just the difference in the characters of Todd and Jason I was comparing. Or, more likely, I still had that hunky vision of SB from 10-15 years ago stuck in my mind
    ilja likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ditto thanks for the age check, Miss Scarlett---Interesting! My only problem with RH being Franco is that I have trouble getting Todd out of my mind. Yes, he's playing Franco as very different than Todd, and he lacks the scar and his hair is shorter, but Todd was SUCH a dominant character that he's hard to erase. Starr/Kiki is easier for me, even though Kiki is overacting a bit to show the differences. Mopey McBain is now a mopey doctor....hmmm not sure how different their personalities will be.
    angelic_one2002 and ilja like this.

I've finally decided to admit to myself and others that I just don't like the actress that plays Starr/Kiki. I tried to like her, I really did but she just gets on my nerves.

And you are so right about Mopey McBain. Ugh. I don't need anything else bringing me down. I just want joy not woe is me all the day long.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

So are we just supposed to suspend disbelief that these people look exactly like the 3 who just left town? Todd/Franco hanging off the jail bars like a monkey today had me laughing out loud. What a card.
    ilja likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I just don't understand the "new" characters

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And now Dr. Silas is going to diagnosis some crucial illness in Danny so Sam will have to like him and hook up with him a la McBain....

Kiki is now liking brother Michael more than immature Morgan...wonder how long before she figures out he's a cousin...

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    And now Dr. Silas is going to diagnosis some crucial illness in Danny so Sam will have to like him and hook up with him a la McBain....

Kiki is now liking brother Michael more than immature Morgan...wonder how long before she figures out he's a cousin...
    And I wonder if Franco (Roger Howarth) will somehow get together with Carly...
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I am sorry but this is just too weird for me. I understand soaps actors can move successfully from 1 soap to another, Carly & new Lulu were both on Guiding Light. That is fine but to take 3 main characters in the same show, have them all leave at the same time & then bring them back as different characters entirely....I am sorry but Todd, Star & McBain will alwys be Todd, Star & McBain.
    Glad summer is here so I will be spending my free time outside & not watching this. The writers gave us hope for a Luke/Laura reunion instead we get a Laura/Scottie Baldwin(gag) match-up and a re-re-re-run of Luke/Tracy.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread