+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1144Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Well today we had another magical tape of rewrite. That guy did some pretty rotten & violent stuff. I wonder how many more tapes he has in his bag of stuff.
    Maybe next time he can announce it by saying "Rooolllllll that beautiful bean footage!"
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I agree with all the RH praise. I can't believe how much I am enjoying him even playing yucky Franco.

What surprised me even more today was AJ's sadness over Michael's rape. The look on his face when Michael first said it nearly broke my heart. I had no idea that actor had it in him. I had to look up his real name, Sean Kanan because I figured he deserved to be recognized after today. It's a shame they keep making him so shallow. I wish they could let his character redeem himself a bit.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I agree with all the RH praise. I can't believe how much I am enjoying him even playing yucky Franco.

What surprised me even more today was AJ's sadness over Michael's rape. The look on his face when Michael first said it nearly broke my heart. I had no idea that actor had it in him. I had to look up his real name, Sean Kanan because I figured he deserved to be recognized after today. It's a shame they keep making him so shallow. I wish they could let his character redeem himself a bit.
    It just shows how much better an actor he is than JF. JF always seemed like he was playing what he THOUGHT soap actors acted like. In his hands, Franco wasn't a character; he was a caricature. One dimensional. In Roger's hands, I think he'll become an actual person.

I'm actually not surprised by AJ's emotions about Michael's rape. Whatever he's done in the past, he's always really cared about Michael. Sean Kanan was always my favorite AJ. He played all the scenes back with the car accident and Jason losing his memory. I was happy when he came back.
    Need40winks and ilja like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Has Roger Howarth ever gotten an Emmy? I don't remember him ever winning. He's done amazing work on OLTL, but that show rarely got recognized. Maybe now that he's on GH, he'll finally get some recognition (if he hasn't already and my memory is just bad).
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Love how AJ makes Michaels rape all about him. Dumb Loser!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Has Roger Howarth ever gotten an Emmy? I don't remember him ever winning. He's done amazing work on OLTL, but that show rarely got recognized. Maybe now that he's on GH, he'll finally get some recognition (if he hasn't already and my memory is just bad).
    He did win an Emmy while he was on OLTL. IIRC, it was around the time of the rape storyline. Way too long ago though. He needs another one!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks Critical - and you're right, that was ages ago! If it was during the rape story, it had to have been for either younger or supporting actor, too, not lead. Yup, he's well over due! And of course when I said OLTL "rarely got recognized" I should have noted the exception of Erika Slezak who has a whole houseful of Emmy's! But RH is doing another outstanding job with what should be a completely despicable character. I still say Sam's rape wasn't a "rewrite" - it was intentionally ambiguous from the start. But Michael's rape...that was definitely a rewrite! Still, RH makes me believe that one. Franco was always about head games, so I can see him getting more twisted pleasure out of the mind **** than causing actual physical harm....at least in those instances. Maybe because I never thought he really raped Sam, the Michael thing is easier for me to buy Of course Franco's still got plenty of splainin' to do regarding his other deeds!!! And I should add too that just because he only made them think he did those things, it certainly doesn't make it all ok. I will happily continue to watch RH try to white wash all of Franco's crimes though. My next question is...who will be the first PC resident to soften a bit and decide to give the newly contrite Franco the chance to prove he wants to change?
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Thanks Critical - and you're right, that was ages ago! If it was during the rape story, it had to have been for either younger or supporting actor, too, not lead. Yup, he's well over due! And of course when I said OLTL "rarely got recognized" I should have noted the exception of Erika Slezak who has a whole houseful of Emmy's! But RH is doing another outstanding job with what should be a completely despicable character. I still say Sam's rape wasn't a "rewrite" - it was intentionally ambiguous from the start. But Michael's rape...that was definitely a rewrite! Still, RH makes me believe that one. Franco was always about head games, so I can see him getting more twisted pleasure out of the mind **** than causing actual physical harm....at least in those instances. Maybe because I never thought he really raped Sam, the Michael thing is easier for me to buy Of course Franco's still got plenty of splainin' to do regarding his other deeds!!! And I should add too that just because he only made them think he did those things, it certainly doesn't make it all ok. I will happily continue to watch RH try to white wash all of Franco's crimes though. My next question is...who will be the first PC resident to soften a bit and decide to give the newly contrite Franco the chance to prove he wants to change?
    Sam. Yuck, yuck.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

The only person I've been able to tolerate Sam around was Jason. Sometimes her mother.

For me the jury's still out on RH/Franco. This is either going to go really well & open up some interesting storylines, or it's going to tank miserably & be painful to watch. He's got the acting chops & charisma to pull it off, but it's all going to depend on the writing. If they assume the viewers are stupid & will buy anything, it will tank.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm guessing the first to warm up to the nu Franco will be Kiki, looking for a dad.

So we are supposed to believe that Franco softened up after Jason died, because he died? I feel like that still needs more explaining.

I agree RH can do anything, but I really disliked Franco, the role, partly because I disliked Franco the actor. And the way he was written he was just all evil. Todd, even back in the rape of Marty days, once he got past the role of rapist #2, always was given some redeeming qualities.
    I"m glad for RH that he doesn't have to play another rapist and make him redeemable---as I recall he was always adament about not having Marty's rape and his role in it whitewashed. He didn't want another Luke and Laura rewrite. Playing a "mind rapist" like Franco is bad enough.

Back to my earlier comment about Tracy's comment to Nichlolas about his soap opera lack of clothing...can any more young guys be taking their clothes off? Does Morgan EVER wear a complete outfit anymore? Jeesh.

And I agree with the above comment re Tracy's speech to Luke about not being the fallback, about wanting true love. You go, girl! I don't know if they are going to write Luke as being that person...if not, I hope they bring someone new in for her. I fear Luke may be due for a serious illness. It's always a toss up whether TG will retire--he's already gone half the year---and now that they've written an end to Luke and Laura, they coulc do a really drawn out death for him, with him really linking up with Tracy.
    Been away--just catching up on my tapes....but I watched a new show before I was caught up, so I new RH was playing Franco while on the tapes he was mystery man with all the references to "you look familiar' coming across a jokes about his looking like Todd...
    So I didn't get to tape the show that shows Morgan starting to look at on line gambling sites again. I guess we are going to have a gambling addiction show.

How long before Kiki figures out that "Mikey" is her first (half) cousin? Before or after she dumps Morgan for gambling?
    Last edited by PWS; 06-01-2013 at 12:32 AM.

+ Reply to Thread