+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1179Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    Yup, it's who I was thinking....Franco

But that is just plain weird to me. But since KiKi (Lauren) is really his daughter, they had to bring in that story line.

I love Roger Howarth, but I wish he wasn't Franco.

Edit...he is pretty funny though, with the one liners, that only Roger Howarth can do. Sometimes I wonder if he ad-libs some of his lines.
    Dang it! That's who I was hoping he wasn't either. It's a relief that he was able to prove he did not rape whats-her-face. That's all he needed was another rape history. But as someone mentioned earlier, isn't he a serial killer? We can't have Roger as totally unredeemable. I've got too big a crush on him for that.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Dang it! That's who I was hoping he wasn't either. It's a relief that he was able to prove he did not rape whats-her-face. That's all he needed was another rape history. But as someone mentioned earlier, isn't he a serial killer? We can't have Roger as totally unredeemable. I've got too big a crush on him for that.
    Me too. Anyone except Franco or Jerry. I despise both of them. I was even hoping for a "the other guy wasn't the REAL Franco" storyline. I had heard that speculated too.

Now that they've rewritten the rape of Sam storyline (although I'm quite glad they did), I'm wondering how much more damage control & rewrites are coming in the next few days. If Roger is to stick around as Franco, & I believe he will, they have to a lot of clean up to do in order for us to even tolerate the character. They need us to care, at least a little, about him.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

So, if Franco isn't dead, that has to mean that he, like Kiki, has some of those ELQ shares. And let the scramble begin.

The funny thing is that I just read today that the rumors were he was either Jason, Franco or a long lost Quartermaine. The way they did it, he touched on each of those. He is Jason's brother, he is Franco and he is a Quartermaine descendant.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I don't think they really "re-wrote" the rape story. I never truly believed he raped Sam - they never showed it, and Sam never actually remembered anything happening. It was always just assumed because he made it appear that way...it was a Franco head game. But he did kill a bunch of people, didn't he??? How are they going to possibly have him over come that tiny character flaw?
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I'm disappointed that RH is now playing Franco. They obviously are going to have to play the redemption game with him. REAL villains don't stay on soaps long term. They'll have to make him an anti-hero like Todd. I love RH and am always happy to see him on TV, but I REALLY wanted him to NOT play Franco. At least this means we won't be subjected (please, GOD) to James Franco's crappy, campy acting.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I was totally not putting it together when I posted earlier that I thought RH was too old to play Jason, that Franco is Jason's twin, so RH should be too old for Franco too! I still think he's a bit old for the part, but who knows, it's a soap I am bummed he's playing Franco, I really did not want that to happen. That said, if anyone can pull it off, Roger Howarth can. I'm definitely willing to give it a shot, because if it works, it could be really good. It was actually rather smart on the writers part. The addition of Franco and Kiki breaths some (much needed) new life into the Quartermaine family. Plus, it gives them both instant, strong ties to PC. As seamlessly as their OLTL characters fit into the GH canvas, Todd and Starr had no ties at all to Port Chuck. GH faces a near impossible task of redeeming Franco, but if they successfully get him to anti-hero status, there's a lot to play. He's AJ's half brother, Michael's uncle, Danny's uncle, Tracy's nephew, and Kiki's father which makes her....well, you know Todd did some heinous things in his early days and somehow RH still made us care about him. Hopefully once Howarth starts to work his magic, this will turn out OK.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

As much as I try to get past this they will always be Todd & Star to me. Am I the only person who thinks this is just too plain weird????
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I rewatched the first 20 minutes of the show last night. I had missed the first 10-15 (driving time).

Even though I'm extremely disappointed that Roger H is Franco, I still absolutely love his line delivery. Droll, sarcastic, finding the humor in things & lines that other people wouldn't find it in, & still keep it understated.
    Even as a rotten character like that, he still could make me smile & occassionally chuckle.

I may not like the character, but I really do like the actor. The guy is good.
    angelic_one2002, Katydyd and ilja like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I agree, Miss Scarlet! If Roger Howarth can play Franco or Todd Manning as well as he does, he can play ANY character. His acting abilities are beyond amazing.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread