+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1144Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    You're right, it can't be a coincidence! Baby sister maybe? And remember, Julian Jerome and Cheryl Stansbury are Lucas' biological parents, so maybe he'll make it back on screen and Felix can finally have a love life I wonder how close close Ava and Lauren are? I'm still holding out hope maybe she'll somehow turn out to be Ellie or Sabrina just so they can have some stronger ties to PC.
    Julian Jerome? Cheryl Stansbury? Lucas? Oh shoot, I guess it's time for me to read up on GH history again.
    Imperfect1 and ilja like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I liked Maura West as Carly over on One Life To Live.

It looks like any young guy that needs a job can show up at GH & portray Morgan. there is a veritable plethora of ex Morgans out there.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I liked Maura West as Carly over on One Life To Live.
    I think you mean As the World Turns. MW was never on OLTL.

So, if Ava is really a Jerome - and, like we mentioned upthread, there are no coincidences on soaps - then Morgan is involved with another mob family. No way that's not going to end badly. Have they said how old Morgan is now? If he's still a minor and was trading those racy messages with a grown woman - one old enough to be his mother - then YUCK!

Elizabeth is a fool. She's still choosing hot mess AJ over a hot prince in a towel?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oh and that makes total sense then! Of course Ava's involved with the mob....it's just like Sonny was worried about - Morgan was targeted from the beginning. He didn't end up "hiding out" over this gambling mess with Ava coincidentally. Cause after all, there are no coincidences on a soap Unless of course, they want to make Ava a good girl, and she knew enough that she actually is trying to protect him....Or, third possibility, now that she knows Lauren is a Quartermaine, perhaps she will try and parlay what started as a mob plot, into her looking like a hero (thus giving her the story of the bad girl slowly trying to reform)....
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I think you mean As the World Turns. MW was never on OLTL.

So, if Ava is really a Jerome - and, like we mentioned upthread, there are no coincidences on soaps - then Morgan is involved with another mob family. No way that's not going to end badly. Have they said how old Morgan is now? If he's still a minor and was trading those racy messages with a grown woman - one old enough to be his mother - then YUCK!

Elizabeth is a fool. She's still choosing hot mess AJ over a hot prince in a towel?
    Of course...As The World Turns...now we need to get Katie or Meg over here.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

It's not clear it was Ava who was sending the messages...maybe it was Lauren and Ava's just helping out her daughter's "friend". Ava wouldn't be asking how Morgan slept if they'd shared a bed, etc. Morgan's in college so presumably over 18 if not 21. Does anyone recall whether Michael or Morgan is the older brother? I thought Michael, but he was supposed to just start college this year (before he got sucked into ELQ)--but maybe he lost some time with the whole jail thing.

So if Ava is a Jerome and Morgan a Corinthos do we have a potential Romeo and Juliet story here, with warring gangs, or is Ava (or whoever wrote the messages) part of a Jerome plot?

I thought Morgan was in boarding school, not college. Did I miss that?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Julian Jerome? Cheryl Stansbury? Lucas? Oh shoot, I guess it's time for me to read up on GH history again.
    Lucas you've already heard Bobbie mention--her gay (adoptive) son, who lives in Seattle and who we all think is destined for Felix eventually. Before he came out though he had brief flings with Tracy's grandniece, Brooklynn, and both Maxie and Georgie... Both his bio parents are dead. He was sold to Bobbie--long messy story. At one point it was thought his bio dad was Robert Scorpio, but no. His bio mom was the sister of the wife of one of Robert's WSB partners, back in the day. There was a messy custody battle. There were quite a few Jeromes, so not clear how they tie in to this.

Thanks PWS.
    Soap history is such an insane thing. It's got so many twists & turns. Sitting down to read it after the fact, or trying to explain it to others sounds even more ridiculous than it seems at the time.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'll say--I googled Cheryl Stansbury to get a brush up before I wrote, and there was stuff in there that I'd either forgotten or had missed (I'd not watched for a couple of years, and reading SOD doesn't give you the full flavor!). I would cut and paste here but would probably violate some length of post rule! But the soapcentral post on Cheryl seemed quite thorough on Lucas as well--you had to scroll down a bit to get to the text.

Critical---they sent Morgan to military boarding school (and not to stereotype military schools, but that wouldn't be my first choice for my gay son!), but apparently he went straight to college from there with no stop at home--they've mentioned several times that he's at Vanderbilt--a ritzy private school that's very good academically but has a stereotypical Southern preppy image. It and Emory and Duke are the Southern private schools that academic types would consider in the same range as the Ivy League, etc. They even mentioned that the gambling ring targeted Vanderbilt because so many rich kids went there (pretty smart rich kids, but still well off is the normative image). I'm sure they also have many scholarship students--like Morgan's roommate, but that's not the image.
    I assume Vanderbilt gave permission---I wonder how they feel about it now that the college part has aired.

+ Reply to Thread