+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1152Likes

Thread: General Hospital

Re: General Hospital

I just found a few pics online of the former OLTL'ers
    Click to see Spoiler:
    after their return
    . I don't think this is considered a spoiler, but I'm going to spoiler it just in case:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Michael Easton (former John McBain) got a short haircut finally. I always thought he was ugly, but he looks good! Roger Howarth (former Todd Manning) also got a haircut. Kind of spikey. No better/no worse, just different.
    I know nothing about their characters or stories, just saw pictures. I didn't even see who they were interacting with, just them.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Do you mean
    Click to see Spoiler:
    after their return to GH as new characters, not Todd or McBain? I wonder if they will cut off all of Starr's long hair or dye it?

Reading this week's SOD about the lawsuit that PP is filing against ABC, claiming that ABC ruined the characters they borrowed as well as several others...e.g., OLTL ended with a big reunion between Starr and her child's dad and now both child and dad are dead, Tomas is "ruined" as now he may be Alcazar, that Natalie/Clint et al. are behaving completely out of character in keeping McBain's child from his dad, etc., and that ABC had promised not to make major plot changes without clearing it with PP, and didn't. I certainly agree those seem like major changes. Of course a lot of that time it seemd like PP's plans for OLTL were defunct.... Anyway, seems like the mess goes on.

Wait a second...I always thought they implanted more than 1 embyros??? What is Ellie going to do with the information anyway? If she reports it she is in trouble with breaking HIPPA laws & will also bring Spinelli into her mess because he helped her to hack into the computer.
    Last edited by PA Snow Bunny; 05-07-2013 at 01:00 PM.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Do you mean
    Click to see Spoiler:
    after their return to GH as new characters, not Todd or McBain? I wonder if they will cut off all of Starr's long hair or dye it?

Reading this week's SOD about the lawsuit that PP is filing against ABC, claiming that ABC ruined the characters they borrowed as well as several others...e.g., OLTL ended with a big reunion between Starr and her child's dad and now both child and dad are dead, Tomas is "ruined" as now he may be Alcazar, that Natalie/Clint et al. are behaving completely out of character in keeping McBain's child from his dad, etc., and that ABC had promised not to make major plot changes without clearing it with PP, and didn't. I certainly agree those seem like major changes. Of course a lot of that time it seemd like PP's plans for OLTL were defunct.... Anyway, seems like the mess goes on.
    The pictures were
    Click to see Spoiler:
    of them after their return to GH, which they've been filming. I believe that Roger is the only one who went back to OLTL for a short time. I didn't see any of the Starr actress.

They also killed off Tea/Victor's baby & did the whole Baby Switch storyline, leaving them without a baby now.
    I think the fault all comes down to just exactly how "done" ABC & GH thought OLTL was at the time of the story planning. They were giving popular characters a second lease on soap life, & wrote them according to what they felt was best for the direction they thought would be best for their storylines.
    But clearly, if PP brought OLTL back, valuable characters were damaged, changed, or killed.

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. For me, I'm locked into GH.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! They just took away the one reason to always watch this show! Nothing there between Luke and Laura?!? You might as well tell me there is no such thing as love!
    Need40winks likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I'm so upset by today's show that I am seriously considering trying to break my GH addiction. I'm not ready just yet but I think I'm at least going to quit trying to see the episodes I miss as a way of slowly breaking the habit.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow... so no more triangle for Luke/Laura/Scotty.....? Is this so Laura and Scotty can leave when Lulu gets her memory back, as she seems to be doing? I mean they did a good job of "explaining" it , the beloved illfitting T shirt analogy, and they had them kiss and I guess the spark wasn't there anymore, but wow, major rewrite of GH, the idea that people could grow out of love... just not done on soaps... at least for iconic characters.

So as soon as Spinelli spun around to Maxie and grabbed her hands in joy I knew that was just what Ellie was imagining--no way would Spinelli have done that to Ellie.

So maybe I'm right...Ellie is going to go back to the lab and discover the missing embryo... and then what does she do?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I'm so upset by today's show that I am seriously considering trying to break my GH addiction. I'm not ready just yet but I think I'm at least going to quit trying to see the episodes I miss as a way of slowly breaking the habit.
    This is exactly what I told myself yesterday. I cannot believe writers would do this to the Luke/Laura storyline. I was really disappointed in the storyline of Patrick looking annoyed at Sabrina after he overheard her talking to Brit. So he is now buying into Brit's stories? I hope Sabrina sees what's going on, here.
    Last edited by angelic_one2002; 05-08-2013 at 08:58 AM.
    ilja likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I'm okay with the Luke/Laura "break-up." Really, Genie hasn't been a regular on the show in a VERY long time. If she's not on the show long term, it makes sense to do what they did with the characters. I'm not a fan of Laura with Scotty, but I'm okay if she's not with Luke.

Just read a spoiler about the OLTL characters:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Because Prospect Park owns the characters of Todd, John and Starr, the actors will return to GH as different characters. Now THIS is something that makes no sense to me. What's the point?
    Michael Easton, Roger Howarth And Kristen Alderson Out At GH? - General Hospital News - Soaps.com

Also, it looks like Tyler Christopher will be on the show longer than he anticipated. I wonder if that means the AJ/Elizabeth/Nik triangle will continue.

So, Maura West's character is called Ava Jerome. What will her connection to Julian Jerome be? There are no coincidences on soaps, so you know there's got to be one!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    So, Maura West's character is called Ava Jerome. What will her connection to Julian Jerome be? There are no coincidences on soaps, so you know there's got to be one!
    You're right, it can't be a coincidence! Baby sister maybe? And remember, Julian Jerome and Cheryl Stansbury are Lucas' biological parents, so maybe he'll make it back on screen and Felix can finally have a love life I wonder how close close Ava and Lauren are? I'm still holding out hope maybe she'll somehow turn out to be Ellie or Sabrina just so they can have some stronger ties to PC.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

+ Reply to Thread